Diablo® III

All DPS is not equal

09/10/2013 03:21 PMPosted by dolynick
You're forgetting that the higher CHD player will simply gain more on his sheet from DF than the higher CC player.

Who said anything about deep freeze? and if you wanted to, then we'd change the situation to saying that both people have the same sheet dps while buffed with DF and you'd get the results I described.

We're not disagreeing, but I don't want to confuse people.
Edited by BDF#1838 on 9/10/2013 3:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 03:15 PMPosted by BDF
The assumption is that both players have the same: APOC, CD, IAS, Wpn DMG, and that both have a sheet dps of 250k.

That's simply impossible to be the case though. Something has to be different to offset the CC difference. If the dps difference is purely from int or avg dmg on rings/amulet/source, then yes, higher CC will always win. CHD is the wildcard, and only when running DF.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 03:22 PMPosted by BDF
Who said anything about deep freeze?

I did. It's the potential border case that messes up the general rule Melkor was getting at.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
That's simply impossible to be the case though. Something has to be different to offset the CC difference. If the dps difference is purely from int or avg dmg on rings/amulet/source, then yes, higher CC will always win

Int is a simple % scalar, which is why I didn't include it in the list of constants. It would be the dial oyu use to make dps equal.
Reply Quote
If what i think i'm thinking is right then i'm with doly on this one - depending on the math if your calculating a higher cd rating then that could tip the scales at super high cc where cc might loose its' edge in edps factors.

damn it one hell of a confusing thread wtf are you guys doing in mumble? pretending to be australian?
Edited by Amos#6777 on 9/10/2013 3:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think the idea is if two people have the same char sheet dps, and the same latency, then the person with the higher CC has a higher effective dps. Whether that's with DF or without, as long as they have the same char sheet dps under the same conditions, that applies. If you start adding buffs then they won't have the same char sheet dps, so it changes.

For builds besides SNS, it's not so clear, so I assume you are only talking about SNS. Archon, for example, would have both doing pretty much the same effective dps regardless of CC values for each. Technically the one with higher CC could get more CM procs for more blasts, but then you'd have to factor in how much damage the blasts do for each using APS, and it gets really annoyingly complicated for what would likely amount to a very small difference.
Reply Quote
If I adjust the stats on my SNS to 250k DPS and 55% CC, I get a multiplier of 7.99 against a single enemy. Changing it to 60% CC, and lowering my CD to stay at 250k DPS, I get a multiplier of 8.39. So yes!

Data:
55% CC: http://d3cmww.com/?configid=56190
60% CC: http://d3cmww.com/?configid=56189
Reply Quote
If player C has 50% less sheet DPS, whatever CC and is a Witch Doctor, he will still outDPS both A and B.

Stop thinking about damage, when talkin bout Wiz, and gear for max possible functionality.

Mr Troll !
Reply Quote

No I just like looking for obscenely rare and expensive CC gear for fun....actually that sarcastic statement might not be too far from the truth :P

Considering just 1% ET CC gives me about 20k eDPS per target I'd agree with the other 20 posters saying CC > all, yes Melkor mah man. :)

This was recently proved in several ghom runs I did (with bonechill of course) resulting in 54.56 - 57.57 seconds on MP10 ghom with my 235k sheet. I'm not sure how remarkable this is though because I forgot Ghom's Hp lol, wasn't it 108M? Man I'm rusty.. Ghom isn't the greatest of tests anyway.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 9/11/2013 3:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm rusty but still remember that sh1t ..138.5m

so you're running about a 10.5x multi

Nice brudda.
Reply Quote
I'm rusty but still remember that sh1t ..138.5m

so you're running about a 10.5x multi

Nice brudda.

Lol yah Ghom test was never a big thing for me and yah that's exactly what we determined in game and very near what the simulator says.

Good seeing ya again, oh yah I was going to bed..night shift sucks sleeping in the day sometimes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]