Diablo® III

Ruby VS Emerald need help

Hi everyone,
I heard that it was a better choice to stack ruby on weapon compare to the %100 critical damage of an emerald for the WD.
Why? if I get higher DPS with the emerald. Need explainations.
Ty for your help
Edited by Draknor#1788 on 9/10/2013 1:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
keep emerald.
why?
because d3up says so.
http://d3up.com/b/1050377
Reply Quote
I finally got a positive on a ruby over the emerald with shield tank build. Who would have figured. Now to put the extra 7k to use and see if it is really noticable xD.
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 04:52 PMPosted by Gotcha
I finally got a positive on a ruby over the emerald with shield tank build. Who would have figured. Now to put the extra 7k to use and see if it is really noticable xD.

Let me know how it works out. It says ruby will give me 6K more but I have over 50% crit so I'musing emerald. Anyway, let us all Know if you can tell the difference. Might be hard.
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 06:34 PMPosted by skywalkerfx

Let me know how it works out. It says ruby will give me 6K more but I have over 50% crit so I'musing emerald. Anyway, let us all Know if you can tell the difference. Might be hard.

since its 7k I do notice it and I think I am killing a little faster so yeah its slightly noticable. I would guess like old tests if it was just like 2K or so I would have stayed with the emerald yet the ruby seems to be slightly out pacing the emerald. Its bad in the fact that when I want to switch back to my Bears/PB build I loose 4.5k and have to pay that 5 mill to rotate gems. With that said, however, I am sorta having a blast with the shield build and I think I will run this for a while. A real test on the ruby will be on a goblin since at 200k I just barely can kill them with COB before the gobby can teleport so I am hoping the 7k makes a tad bit of difference and closes the gap on how close it gets to getting through the teleport haha.

Sky, so far ruby is noticable at the 7kish difference in dps.
Reply Quote
if you wanna test,
keep the killing time of ghom in Act3.

Do that at the mp level at which you can stand at one spot and tank kill it without moving with the same build.
This should be a good comparison.
Reply Quote
if you wanna test,
keep the killing time of ghom in Act3.

Do that at the mp level at which you can stand at one spot and tank kill it without moving with the same build.
This should be a good comparison.

d3up.com looks like its right on the numbers as the ruby is faster, not by a ton yet faster. One slight benefit of ruby also is the higher average damage which takes out white trash faster.

do you know what ever happened to the d3rawr.com site, I used to like that site for fast item edits yet can not load US server battletag anymore for some odd reason.
Edited by Gotcha#1167 on 9/11/2013 3:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's debatable, I like ruby because it gives me a consistent higher damage output therefore my life steal is more consistent and I'm not relying on those big crits
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 08:16 PMPosted by Gotcha
Sky, so far ruby is noticable at the 7kish difference in dps.

Well it sounds good but I don't think I'll switch it out anytime soon. I switch out the shield with Skorn build, so it's a toss up where the ruby or emerald goes.

Anyway I'm glad you like the ruby, and your shield build.

I can take down goblins almost every time (more of problem of who they run and hide behind) with my 200K shield build so no problems there.
Reply Quote
09/11/2013 03:18 PMPosted by DangerMouse
It's debatable, I like ruby because it gives me a consistent higher damage output therefore my life steal is more consistent and I'm not relying on those big crits

Yeah, we're the opposite. I ignore all the non-crits. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]