Diablo® III

Crafting Success Story

Just crafted the gloves on my alt Wiz - let that, along with my other crafted gear, encourage you to keep crafting. Totally worth it :)
Reply Quote
You're missing two slots including a hellfire. Otherwise, I hate you. I haven't seen anyone else with such a collection of gg crafts all equipped on one character simultaneously. May I ask what your route/technique for DE farming is? Archon is probably one of the last specs in the game most would choose for that purpose...
Reply Quote
09/10/2013 02:23 PMPosted by silverfire
I hate you
Reply Quote
Thanks silverfire :) I've got better shoulders too than the ones I'm wearing, just need the vit on those for my alt as I'm sorely lacking the vit from p100 on my main.

DE farming methods are the same as anyone else's - generally mp5-7 on VOTA, and then just the normal areas in A1 (festering/fields/weeping), and Keeps2.

One thing I guess I do do different from most players, is that I don't save my up essences, I use them right away after runs, so 5 here, 10 there, etc. I've noticed some strange fluctuations doing this, almost like blizz has peak times for crafting godly gear, where sometimes I'll roll 10 gloves, and 9 will have crit, while other times ill roll 15, and none will have crit.

RNG I know, but imo it feels like if you craft at an inopportune time - (maybe in correlation with the amount of players online) - you could be screwed with a huge batch of crap rolls. Hence I space mine out in immediate, smaller portions, and, so far at least, with my bracers/gloves/ammy, it's paid off handsomely.
Reply Quote
Dayum
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
09/10/2013 02:23 PMPosted by silverfire
May I ask what your route/technique for DE farming is? Archon is probably one of the last specs in the game most would choose for that purpose...

If you're running Archon solo, generally you don't go "out of your way" for DEs. VOTA is obviously still the best for the elite concentration, but from what I've seen so far from most players is that they're uncomfortable with the clusters of mobs in the area. As in, sometimes there are gaps in between where there are 2-3 elite packs but not enough trash mobs to fuel Archon's duration.

It's easy to rack up 10-20 DEs in a few general loot runs or paragon leveling runs. I haven't been doing any DE runs lately while I'm leveling up my second wizard, but I have crafted a lot simply from picking up DEs during the group leveling runs. Same as Suikoden, I don't hoard DEs. I either craft at the end of the night before I sign off or when I gather a full inventory's worth of crafts (i.e. 30 DEs). I haven't quite gotten the crafts I'd like with my wizard, but my WD has enjoyed some results so far.

Edit: I don't tinfoil hat for crafting or loot in general. But if it makes you feel better, do what you gotta do. Rumor has it some players are superstitious enough to do little rituals before they farm or craft.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 9/10/2013 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
RNG I know, but imo it feels like if you craft at an inopportune time - (maybe in correlation with the amount of players online) - you could be screwed with a huge batch of crap rolls. Hence I space mine out in immediate, smaller portions, and, so far at least, with my bracers/gloves/ammy, it's paid off handsomely.

You are not the first person to suggest this. I hear it all the time.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
09/10/2013 02:41 PMPosted by Melkor

You are not the first person to suggest this. I hear it all the time.

You just need to craft when I'm in your game. True story.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
damn that ammy and gloves.
Reply Quote
I also don't hoard DE's. No tinfoil reason, the reason is just that it usually takes more than a few hundred or even a couple thousand to get something good...so it hurts psychologically for me to collect a large amount and end up getting nothing good. Crafting at the end of each run is something to look forward to each time.

If you're running Archon solo, generally you don't go "out of your way" for DEs. VOTA is obviously still the best for the elite concentration, but from what I've seen so far from most players is that they're uncomfortable with the clusters of mobs in the area. As in, sometimes there are gaps in between where there are 2-3 elite packs but not enough trash mobs to fuel Archon's duration.

This is true. Indeed most of the time I spend on my wizard is in the dense parts of a1 or a2. They jive the best with archon.

Lower MP + storm armor:scramble + evocation is my method of choice for VoTA. Uptime pretty solid...but still questionable versus CM/WW.

TBH...what I do most of the time is acquire DE's on my barb, then use them for int gear, heh.
Reply Quote
Holy Jesus you make me sick.
Reply Quote
I also don't hoard.. I've crafted gear for all classes and just now started working on crafting for my wiz . Got decent gloves and bracers but I am still working on better gloves.. no trifecta yet
Reply Quote
Nice. I've been crafting razorspikes lately, trying to get an AR roll with high cc. It's possible, it just takes time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]