Diablo® III

Note to Barbs with EF in main hand.

Don't join pugs, I/we are tired of chasing your feared mobs around because you must have it in your main hand, and not even with a cold SOJ. Blizz for the love of me make it just an off-hand. Even on my DH it is a PITA.
Reply Quote
Doesn't matter what hand its in, for most skills alternate hands.

Cold soj, rend mutilate and hota thunderstrike help tons
Reply Quote
It does matter, EF in main hand with WW procs fear more often. And every one I have been with does not have cold SOJ and their main dpser is in off hand.
Reply Quote
yeah EF OH is the way to go
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 01:04 PMPosted by Thor69
It does matter, EF in main hand with WW procs fear more often. And every one I have been with does not have cold SOJ and their main dpser is in off hand.

Any barb running a pure WW build in coops is already doing it wrong :P Hota for coop play IMO.

Tell them to try another build, hopefully one with a cold soj or at least ground stomp or something. Rend mutilate is a good offensive and anti fear skill.
I too hate the fear factor, but I also hate WOL from monks and permafreeze from wizzies. What can you do? Almost any barb that posts around here with an EF MH and a non IAS dagger OH is warned about the fear from the EF, and its suggested to get a cold soj. (even if they have a dagger OH its still suggested about a cold soj.)

And to be technical, it will proc off either hand with WW. RLTW tornados are the MH damage based skill.

And then you got this guy▼▼▼
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 9/9/2013 1:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just look at the bright side: every mob that is feared away enhances your EHP as a group.
Reply Quote
It only bothers people if you don't know what you're doing. As to which hand you hold it, I don't think it makes any difference but how much fear you have on your EF.
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 01:18 PMPosted by Argos
It only bothers people if you don't know what you're doing. As to which hand you hold it, I don't think it makes any difference but how much fear you have on your EF.

Offhand= sprint nados will not fear things
MH= sprint nados will fear things

That is the big difference.
Reply Quote
Tom may be joking, but I have heard people make that argument, even barbs. And when I play my DH I don't want the baddies hitting me. They can run whichever way they like, I'll still gun them down.
Reply Quote
Anyone who uses the Echoing Fury in the main hand without cold damage deserves to be hung, drawn, and quartered.
Reply Quote
It bothers people that are tired of having to chase mobs when they shouldnt have to.
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 01:25 PMPosted by tomcruise

Offhand= sprint nados will not fear things
MH= sprint nados will fear things

That is the big difference.

You're right, but after you encircle them with nados, the few that get feared, just run around in circles until they die in the blender. Of course I have only 10% fear and a cold SoJ, so maybe I don't see it as a problem in my farming.
Reply Quote
Xpac, remove all EF from da gamezz
Reply Quote
09/08/2013 06:48 PMPosted by RagingKoala
Cold soj, rend mutilate and hota thunderstrike help tons

Don't use rend but HOTA/Thunderstrike works a treat
Reply Quote
but..........if the mobs aren't feared, how do I know the barbarian is working correctly? =(
Reply Quote
Deal with it!

But seriously I often switch to cold soj or sword and board in coop. On top of this there are zone such as the decaying crypt where the monsters are so slow and tightly packed they can't run away.
Reply Quote
View profile

Deal with it!

basically this; I don't see huge issues running my other toons with fear barbs, just the ones who go their own merry way like the DON'T have a team (WW usually). Fit this class? kick
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]