Diablo® III

[Guide] Pining for 200k dps and 500k ehp

I appreciate your taking the time to respond. Your guide is superb and so is your advice :-) I know where to come when I need it from how on :-) Thanks again :-)
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 02:12 AMPosted by SHAMERA
I appreciate your taking the time to respond. Your guide is superb and so is your advice :-) I know where to come when I need it from how on :-) Thanks again :-)

No problem :) Glad you got some tips from me and the guide.
Reply Quote
@Amiar,

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KingBenjamin-1485/hero/26047732

Found your guide very well written and self explanatory. I've got ideas of the gear changes I need to improve my dps and ehp BUT i'd like to hear what you think.

Got 1B budget.

At the moment I can run mp10 in a group and do fairly well with a death here and there. Against ubbers i have zero problems (i farm and ubber with the same group and it's a solid team...this is why i'm able to do it with current gear).

When I solo in mp10 it takes few seconds too long to kill trash mobs and too long to kill elites, and I tend to die more often.

As I was reading your guide I wondered if I should change my mempo for Inna's helm and switch Inna's chest for Tal's. Given I already bought these items, do you think it would be worth it to regear to your specifications, or just keep as is?

I group farm 99% of the time, if i ever play solo i just take my barb out. (so you know what i'm doing with my monk.)

Current weapons are just test weapons. I like the setup but I was wondering if Axe-MH/dagger-OH would be a good choice? I'm thinking Dagger OH w/dex-cd-ls-op (and AS if possible, not sure it can roll with all those stats that include AS.) However, I have no problem going EF on OH, i'm just trying to get the CD, because I would get LS on the EF (like the one i got on atm).

My goal is to get solid survivability and respectable dps for group play. Thanks man.
Reply Quote
Hey Ben, if you've already got the mempo and the inna's chest (and I see your mempo is 4.5cc) then just keep them. I suggest tals chest and radiance to keep people from getting a 3cc mempo pretty much.

Your mainhand axe is pretty weak. Upgrading that sucker will really improve your dps. I also hate EF, so I personally wont ever use one again on my monk (except in rare cases). If you can get away with single LS I'd suggest getting just a damage EF. If you want dual LS try for a second rare weapon.

And your goal is a good one. I've always said it's better to be alive than be dead with high sheet dps.
Reply Quote
Hey Amiar!

I started using this guide a while back (I even posted and got further advice from you which I really do appreciate).

I've gone from 97k unbuffed dps to 206k unbuffed dps while keeping my EHP around 500k.

I'd like to get with you in game and get your opinions on some shoulders and bracers that I've crafted. Currently I think my profile isn't right because I haven't logged out in a while. Can I hit you up in game tonight?
Reply Quote
@peldin, I just saw this. How about tomorrow? Just send me a friend request.
Reply Quote
Sure thing. Before I hit you up, I'm going to check with d3up so I can make sure I have the right EHP numbers. There are like 3 extra shoulders and 2 extra bracers sitting in my stash. I've had some wonky luck with crafting.
Reply Quote
Nice, well written guide... I wish this was around during the time I was building my monk.

I'm currently at 200K DPS and 500+ EHP... though I'd like to push for more either way...

Any advice? Thanks!
Reply Quote
Tag
Reply Quote
10/23/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Peldin
Sure thing. Before I hit you up, I'm going to check with d3up so I can make sure I have the right EHP numbers. There are like 3 extra shoulders and 2 extra bracers sitting in my stash. I've had some wonky luck with crafting.
D3up is the best place that shows how much EHP you have as it doesnt calculate Dex which is a good thing as you cant dodge elite affixes. Good guide BTW
Reply Quote
@Amiar

This is a great guide and very well written.

I am trying to break the 200k DPS mark right now myself except with a 600k EHP min. I Have very similar stats and gear to your guide but I am having trouble getting past 160k. I know I need a better OH weapon, I’m just not sure that will be enough.

If you wouldn't mind could you please take a look at my monk and tell me what you think. I would really appreciate it.
Edited by ppkitty#1734 on 11/11/2013 5:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Having the same problem as ppkitty! >< I don't see any outstanding weaknesses in my monk, except that all pieces can be improved by marginal amounts. 200k seems a looong way off still when I plug in other numbers on d3up.
Reply Quote
Really just a matter of flavor, but for those with budgets below 200M, consider going for a Skorn if these benchmarks are so important to you.

A 40M- 60M Skorn with the default setup and a Dex Tal's Chest will be so much easier to use to hit 200K. My own Skorn out-DPS my one-handers at a fraction of the price with much more lifesteal.

e.g. Jabber - Consider Skorn + Tal's Dex/Vit Chest over your Inna's chest. Not sure how much good the 3-piece bonus does you. Also in terms of gloves, trifectas with Dex can be had for decent prices, mine cost 35M. A 140 Dex WH also costs around 10M only.

All in - selling your MH and getting Skorn, Tal's and new WH should about break even.
Reply Quote
I wish i had seen this before i built my monk...i actually ended up here (except for the chest armor) on my own...although i probably spent a crap ton getting there...good guide.
Reply Quote
@Wilson: No. Buying a skorn just for numbers is a horrible idea. Unless you know what you're getting yourself into with slow 2h play, it will totally change your monk experience, and I highly don't recommend that unless you are purposely going for either a TR or bells spec. Otherwise, stay with the DW.

@ppkitty: Things that need improvement are: That offhand, maybe a MH with a higher dps and high dex instead of CHD (1250 dps and 250 dex for example, just play around with whatever one is more dps), your WH looks a bit weak in the dps department, get a 6cc innas helm, craft better bracers. Other than that you look like you're on track.

@jabber: Your WKL is going to significantly lower your paper dps since it's a low dps weapon, so you have to take that into account when looking at your dps number. Get a better unity, either IAS or 30%+ CHD, replace that inna chest with tal's chest, try to roll better dps bracers.

@everyone, make sure your craft slots are up to par! Check out the guide again to see where improvements are to be had. Most of what I just said in this post is in the guide, so you all already know it! I think you really just want me to tell you straight up so you feel more comfortable with buying/selling things, but use dat guide!
Reply Quote
@Amiar,

I have been crafting a lot of bracers recently with not a lot of luck but of course I will keep trying. Also I didn't realize how low my WH is thank you for pointing it out.

Thanks again for the tips
Reply Quote
11/12/2013 08:01 AMPosted by Amiar
@Wilson: No. Buying a skorn just for numbers is a horrible idea. Unless you know what you're getting yourself into with slow 2h play, it will totally change your monk experience, and I highly don't recommend that unless you are purposely going for either a TR or bells spec. Otherwise, stay with the DW.

That's why I started with the disclaimer - if you just want the benchmark =P. Though technically, yea Skorn works for bells. Maybe put that in a sub-section under your OP, then advice stacking some IAS.
Reply Quote
So I followed your advice. Got pretty close. Still have two items on bid that will improve my health pool, eHP, DPS and CC a little. Other than crafted items, which I'll work on, am I in the ball park? It's WAY better than where I was and I will have spent about 700M (including EF) if I win the two items at or below my max bid. I think my paper dps was roughly 137k before and now it's 199k unbuffed. I suppose people spend a lot more for a 60k dps increase, but I know each bit now will cost me much more for much smaller results.

I used to stack AR AND lightning resist to get more resistance. Didn't think much about just looking for LR on items that normally wouldn't have resists or be expected to be a source of them anyway. That was a very good tip and helped me understand to gear creatively and cheaply compared to looking for common stats that are overpriced because everyone needs them.

Anyway, any critique is welcome if you notice where I could cheaply make a decent upgrade, other than crafting. Also is 2.56 APS viable? That's where I'm at like this.
Edited by Lycinia#1486 on 11/12/2013 1:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
@lycinia

- Those innas pants are bad! Get some vit ones (160+) or dex vit 150/70. Yuck!!
- Also, a great way to improve your dps is to ditch those nasty vit gems. Each radiant emerald is like 5k dps!
- that WH could probably be higher dps in the CD department
- Those shoulders could be LR and not Phys res
- Could get AR on rings if you can, but armor isn't a bad roll
- Keep crafting those bracers!

Overall your monk looks good. I love that MH!! If you're using an EF then your aps will be fine, but with a 19% fear on that thing you might be wanting to bang your head on the table as you chase crap around all day! I don't suggest using an EF since it can really lower your eDPS (time spend chasing is 0 dps) and people in groups hate it. Buuuut, if you're going to use an EF, get one with like 12% fear or less if you can.
Reply Quote
@lycinia

- Those innas pants are bad! Get some vit ones (160+) or dex vit 150/70. Yuck!!
- Also, a great way to improve your dps is to ditch those nasty vit gems. Each radiant emerald is like 5k dps!
- that WH could probably be higher dps in the CD department
- Those shoulders could be LR and not Phys res
- Could get AR on rings if you can, but armor isn't a bad roll
- Keep crafting those bracers!

Overall your monk looks good. I love that MH!! If you're using an EF then your aps will be fine, but with a 19% fear on that thing you might be wanting to bang your head on the table as you chase crap around all day! I don't suggest using an EF since it can really lower your eDPS (time spend chasing is 0 dps) and people in groups hate it. Buuuut, if you're going to use an EF, get one with like 12% fear or less if you can.

The pants are on bid as is a ring. Once the vit pants and ring are won I can then afford to switch gems. It's a domino effect, lol. I will replace shoulders with crafted, once I get the right roll, but I already had the Vile laying around. I do have a 1260 fist weapon with 10% IAS and 56%cd + socket. It's lower dps on paper but no fear. I should use it?

Edit:
Nice! Won the ring and the pants so I have 204k unbuffed dps and 580k eHP. Couple areas I can still improve but overall very happy. Thanks again!!!!!
Edited by Lycinia#1486 on 11/13/2013 8:23 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]