Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Install Data from disk on PS3?

Hello Blizzard,

Just wondering if there is any plan on giving a patch to PS3 player of Diablo 3 that will let them install game data on the hard drive... As it is right now, the game is running from the disk constantly and It does give some slow-up at some moment... Plus this could eventually hit the laser if I plan to play for many hours... This could give a break to my PS3 and also some better performance if we could install the game like on XBOX 360...

The game is fantastic on console Grats!

Hope to hear from you soon on this issue...
Reply Quote
This would be fantastic. I second this.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Seconded.
Reply Quote
This sort of thing isn't a "patch-fix" feature. You can't install the game to the HDD on the PS3, or any game for that matter, in an effort to cut down on jailbreaking the console. Trust me, I've been a loyal PS3 player since launch and we have been asking for this ever since they took it away. It used to be a feature on the original PS3 OS, as well as the option to change the OS. People were jailbreaking their PS3's (just like the Wii got raped when someone figured out you could hook up an external HDD and download every Wii game ever made) so you will most likely never see this feature.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I want that feature too. I knew about it, as I said, so I pre-ordered the digital copy for that reason alone.
Reply Quote
This sort of thing isn't a "patch-fix" feature. You can't install the game to the HDD on the PS3, or any game for that matter, in an effort to cut down on jailbreaking the console. Trust me, I've been a loyal PS3 player since launch and we have been asking for this ever since they took it away. It used to be a feature on the original PS3 OS, as well as the option to change the OS. People were jailbreaking their PS3's (just like the Wii got raped when someone figured out you could hook up an external HDD and download every Wii game ever made) so you will most likely never see this feature.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I want that feature too. I knew about it, as I said, so I pre-ordered the digital copy for that reason alone.

Yeah I know that - But other games, at least, do a partial installation of the Data over the hard drive to take off the burden for the Bluray player. I am just wondering if they couldn't do something similar. I have bought the Retail Version so I can bring it with me at my friend house... But man at home always hearing the Bluray spinning show how much it ask of it...

I already know i'll spend a lot of hours on this console version. Fatastic version... But God i'm starting to regret not buying it digitally...

Hope anyone from Blizzard will be able to answer this question?
Reply Quote
Oh man, that's bad.....

I was undecided yesterday to buy ps3 or x360 version....i choose ps3...but i didn't know that.....:(.

Do you guys notice delays on sound effects/dialogues during chaos battles on screen where fps slows down ? Same happens on X360 ?

If not, i will sell my ps3 copy and grab x360 version.......
Edited by StIwY#2595 on 9/6/2013 8:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No thing is that framerate is pretty much always the same! It is very fluid! But one time the voice of Tyrael had a slow down pitch around 5 sec... When fights are really crowded there is a minimal slowdown... but you won't really see it... Screen tearing here and there... but heard it was the same on Xbox!

But i'm pretty sure loading could be a bit quicker if everything was on hard drive. and those voice effect wouldn't suffer from slow down caused by disk reading in my opinion... cause each time it occured disk was spinning a bit more than usual...

My principal issue is with this PS3 version of Diablo 3 is the fact that every PS3 come with a minimal install of the game to let thing run smoothly and take off the burden of the player... Can't get my mind over the fact it's not the same thing with this version...

But PS3 is running great - But yeah if I had an Xbox... since it's software support game install I would have choosed this version instead of PS3. For PS3 this is the dev who must code the installation of the game on hard drive...

So would be cool if a patch would be made to accomodate this issue...

The same thing happened with Bayonetta on launch day... was only running from disk.. a week later if I recall correctly they pushed a patch that let the game do a partial installation over the hard drive and since then the game runned perfectly!

Please Blizzard... Do us this favor :)
Reply Quote
+1.

I can't get why Blizzard don't decide to make a partial installation on a game where loadings are frequent.
Reply Quote
Hi guys,

Im playing the Disc Version but on PSN Store you can buy d3 as a standalone version without the loading lags.

I read some Topics around the loading lags and all people using the psn store D3 version have no more loading lags! Since PSN Store offers a disc free Install Version, it should be no problem to add a patch to install all data from disc to hdd since X-Box Users have the option to install on HDD or play from disk.

Im pretty dissapointed about buying a prerelease due Bonus Items and now playing with loading lags.

Hope blizzard fixes this issue, otherwise im gonna buy the psn version and sell disc version on ebay.
Reply Quote
Hello @Tom!

Yeah - I feel the same... Bought the Retail Version... But it is definitely behind the Digital version in regards to performance... Sure hope they will patch the installation shortly, cause i'm thinking about selling my retail version to get the digital one...

Or better - Please, let us download the Digital version for free... That's what Square-Enix have done with the PS3 version of FF14. Once you install the game on the PS3 from the disk, it unlock the digital version on the account...

Either way... pls do something about that... cause must admit the PS3 version (putting aside bonus items) is the worst version of the console one...
Reply Quote
+1, was just thinking about this. Bayonetta applied a similar fix a week or 2 after its release if I recall. Even Soul Calibur 5(i think it was 5) had an option to install the game data even though the load times were fine without it
Reply Quote
+1, I hope they release a patch with a partial installation option on PS3.
Reply Quote
Bought mine on ps4 after release, full install on hdd. Lol load times no lag while playing and no crashes yet
Reply Quote
+1 to the ps3 install option please
Reply Quote
Let's keep this post above water so we can at least have an ETA on the matter!
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 08:19 AMPosted by Mathaddor

There are many other threads were people complain about the PS3 disc loading problems, but we have more chances if keep using only one.
Reply Quote
Yeah i also remember what happened to Bayonetta... hopefully it can be done to D3!
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 09:57 AMPosted by BTAG

There are many other threads were people complain about the PS3 disc loading problems, but we have more chances if keep using only one.

I have done a research on the forum before posting my post... Didn't found anyone that was explaining nor doing a suggestion like this post. Still the thing is, they need to consider and resolve this problem ASAP. Thanks everyone for your +1
Reply Quote
+1

While the game runs relatively smoothly for me, I would love to see the ability to do a partial install to the drive. It seems like a lot of PS3 games do that these days. If it wasn't for the fact that I was one of those old fools who still loves holding a physical copy of a game I would have just gotten the PSN download.
Reply Quote
+ 19 would be awesome
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]