Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Install Data from disk on PS3?

I have the game on my HDD and it gets FPS drops frequently...

Then again, I'm using the default HDD that came with my superslim ps3, but I doubt even the fastest SATAI drives can get around the 550MHz GPU...

Wasted upvotes and bumps IMHO.
Reply Quote
/signed
Reply Quote
That's whay I now have the digital version on PS3. The other option is to buy the UE edition on PS4, will get installed to the HDD either way.
Reply Quote
Still no reply by a blue.

Is unbelivable that D3 which is a game full of loadings, on PS3 don't install NOTHING, even audio dialogues. I clearly ear my PS3 loading from disc every 3 seconds.

Every game on PS3 is partially installed on hdd....D3 not.

Another awful choice by best dev team ever.....bravo!

Release a damn patch please....move your fuc@#n' aXX, and show some support to the community player at least...
Edited by StIwY#2595 on 12/11/2013 2:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
10/09/2013 06:13 AMPosted by Elzavier
+1
This has got to be the noisiest disc I've played on my PS3 yet.
That can't be good for marathon sessions.
Not that I have time for that anymore, but it's the point

Definitely the noisiest PS3 disc that I've ever played (have had a PS3 in our household since launch). I just couldn't stand the loud noise from long D3 farming sessions any longer and think it might have broken my Blu-ray disc drive with prolonged use after some time.

So, I bit the bullet and cut my losses. Sold my retail copy back to GameStop and used that money towards the digital one on PSN. It's a night and day difference, in terms of noise and loading times. With the digital version I can now play for hours on end and can't hear anything, with the added bonus of faster load times. The difference between the two is drastic, easily heard and felt after playing both.

My PS3 is fairly new (slim 500GB GoW LE model), and I know it wasn't the system itself that was at fault with the retail disc - it's obvious that the game is not properly optimized. For anyone in the same boat, I'd highly, highly recommend getting rid of your physical copy and grabbing the digital version. Especially before it cripples or destroys your disc drive. That was a big concern for me.

I just couldn't take it anymore. The digital version is the way to go, wish I had known that before making my disc copy purchase impulsively (got the PC version at release and was psyched to check out the game on console). At any rate, just wanted to add that I experienced the same issues as others with the disc copy, but none whatsoever with (yet) the digital one.

For those that can't afford to do that, or simply won't because of the principle of the matter (I don't blame any of you in this camp, I was there myself until I ultimately caved and couldn't take the noise anymore) -- I really do hope that Blizzard addresses this for all of you. I doubt they will, but here's to hoping...

Happy hunting, all.
Edited by Silvertooth#1644 on 12/15/2013 7:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
Blizzard please prog a patch for install the DIsk version of Diablo 3 on PS3 !!!
Reply Quote
After reading about the shorter load times and the strain on the PS3, I just bought the digital version from the PlayStation store. I'll be putting my disc copy on eBay.
Reply Quote
Please, some blue could have the decency to report it or answer about this problem?

It's ridiculous that this game which is FULL of loadings every time doesn't even install a portion of the game on hdd. And do not pull out the excuse of piracy because it has nothing to do.

Stop to be lazy, and give us some support...console discussion forum is pretty abandoned.
Edited by StIwY#2595 on 1/15/2014 1:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/15/2013 07:26 PMPosted by Silvertooth
Definitely the noisiest PS3 disc that I've ever played (have had a PS3 in our household since launch). I just couldn't stand the loud noise from long D3 farming sessions any longer and think it might have broken my Blu-ray disc drive with prolonged use after some time.

how is mine quite as a church mouse then? or maybe i can just tune it out better. but its rare i hear anything from my ps3 when i am in my long play time of this game.
Reply Quote
Still no answer......blizzard you are such a ashamed company.....
Reply Quote
+1 disc spinning is noisy. i regret not buying digital
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 10:29 AMPosted by Daygone
how is mine quite as a church mouse then? or maybe i can just tune it out better. but its rare i hear anything from my ps3 when i am in my long play time of this game.

I have no idea. When I had the disc version, my drive and the retail disc were so loud at times, I could hear it even when I had my headphones on. It got to the point that it became a distraction when playing.

I'm glad yours is quiet and I hope that continues for you, but my experience was the polar opposite from you - hence, my switch to the digital version.
Reply Quote
I too really would like to be able to install the game on HDD. The disc is very loud and sounds like it could break the ps3 any minute.
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 02:04 PMPosted by Silvertooth
I have no idea. When I had the disc version, my drive and the retail disc were so loud at times, I could hear it even when I had my headphones on. It got to the point that it became a distraction when playing.

I'm glad yours is quiet and I hope that continues for you, but my experience was the polar opposite from you - hence, my switch to the digital version.

still its quite never bothers me one bit. i guess im lucky
Reply Quote
09/05/2013 07:10 AMPosted by Mathaddor
Hello Blizzard,

Just wondering if there is any plan on giving a patch to PS3 player of Diablo 3 that will let them install game data on the hard drive... As it is right now, the game is running from the disk constantly and It does give some slow-up at some moment... Plus this could eventually hit the laser if I plan to play for many hours... This could give a break to my PS3 and also some better performance if we could install the game like on XBOX 360...

The game is fantastic on console Grats!

Hope to hear from you soon on this issue...

I can garantee to you, as a digital downloader myself, the HDD performance is not that much better than disk.

I play monk and dh, and I can see constant fps dips when in action scenes.

And don't hope that you can put an SSD in there and it will magic lighting your PS3. PS3 has a capped data read speed.
Reply Quote
am i really the only one who does not have any issues? mine does not make hardly any sound at all when i play.
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Apathy
09/05/2013 07:10 AMPosted by Mathaddor
Hello Blizzard,

Just wondering if there is any plan on giving a patch to PS3 player of Diablo 3 that will let them install game data on the hard drive... As it is right now, the game is running from the disk constantly and It does give some slow-up at some moment... Plus this could eventually hit the laser if I plan to play for many hours... This could give a break to my PS3 and also some better performance if we could install the game like on XBOX 360...

The game is fantastic on console Grats!

Hope to hear from you soon on this issue...

I can garantee to you, as a digital downloader myself, the HDD performance is not that much better than disk.

I play monk and dh, and I can see constant fps dips when in action scenes.

And don't hope that you can put an SSD in there and it will magic lighting your PS3. PS3 has a capped data read speed.
The performance issues have nothing to do with reading from disc in this case. It's just a really bad port and Blizzard doesn't seem to care. I mean the graphics already look crap when you compare it to the PC version and the PS3/360 is capable of so much more. Same happened with Dragon Age by Bioware. Console owners are dupped.

My D3 game reads from disc and I hardly ever notice any issues with lagging though. I've seen it maybe 3 times. The OP had a good point though. If you install the game on the HDD it will not require the laser and disc reading parts of the system to be in constant use. That is the best thing we'll get out of this.
Reply Quote
02/21/2014 02:33 AMPosted by TKay
Same happened with Dragon Age by Bioware.

what issues have you had with the dragon age games? they play great for me, and i say the graphics on it are pretty good the only real issue i had was with the the last one, and how they reused the same layouts for there dungeons over and over. other than that its a great game.
Reply Quote
02/22/2014 09:57 AMPosted by Daygone
02/21/2014 02:33 AMPosted by TKay
Same happened with Dragon Age by Bioware.

what issues have you had with the dragon age games? they play great for me, and i say the graphics on it are pretty good the only real issue i had was with the the last one, and how they reused the same layouts for there dungeons over and over. other than that its a great game.
When it comes to Dragon Age graphics are choppy and low res. Seriously I took some screenshots of my PC version to a friends who was playing on PS3 and he almost started crying when he saw the difference. Gameplay is completely different on console, but I never played it myself so I can't judge that part.

Diablo 3 plays great though. It's just the graphics which are lacking.
Reply Quote
02/22/2014 10:11 AMPosted by TKay
but I never played it myself so I can't judge that part.

but it seems like you are, i played them on the ps3. and how is gameplay not the same? i have not played on the pc but i dont see how it would change. i know a few things would how the menu is used and how you use spells and stuff. but in most cases i find it easier with a controller than a mouse and keyboard but i am sure thats just me. but now if you go back to dragon age 1, yeah the graphics are not the best, but its also a older game. with the last one they made they are not that bad at all. but still its a few years old.

look at the gaming world. they are always making them bigger and better. and every few years they have new pc coming out, so things change fast with games.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]