Diablo® III

PS3 save files corrupting?

anyone else having this problem?
Reply Quote
YES. After playing all day for two effing days.
Reply Quote
Me not yet...but then I do back-up save to my USB.
Reply Quote
I lost about 20 - 30 Legendary items, anyone know how to fix it?
Reply Quote
I know from now on i will do that
Reply Quote
Happened to me as well... lol
Reply Quote
ditto. after the incident I just manually back up my save to usb every few hours
Reply Quote
I haven't had my save data corrupted yet.

Preparing for the worst though, I've made another user on my PS3 just for copying my save data to. You should all do the same if you don't have a Playstation Plus subscription or any usb or external harddrive in handy.

I have an external harddrive but it's not in FAT32 format and I can't be arsed moving around hundreds of gigabyte of data back and forth to format it. -__-
Edited by Saphiras#2613 on 9/8/2013 6:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Not yet but i started backing up to usb as soon as i heard about freezes.
Don't want to loose that Mempo my Wizard self found like a boss.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Well this just happened to me...game froze during an autosave and guess what, data corrupted.

That 3-4 days worth of my time and my 56 Barb was absolutely !@#$ing lost...IM PISSED!!
Reply Quote
Need I remind people that PS3's have hard drives and hard drives can and do fail. Most hard drives have 5 year warranties or less, so if you have a PS3 of 2006-2008 vintage, the lockups/crashes/save corruption could be symptoms of hard drive failure and not a specific issue with Diablo.
Reply Quote
75 Blood Elf Paladin
09/08/2013 11:07 AMPosted by CronoCloud
Need I remind people that PS3's have hard drives and hard drives can and do fail. Most hard drives have 5 year warranties or less, so if you have a PS3 of 2006-2008 vintage, the lockups/crashes/save corruption could be symptoms of hard drive failure and not a specific issue with Diablo.

Seeing as how there are multiple people with the same problem, myself included, (complete freeze and file check/restore on act 3/norm), the chance that these are all just hardware failure is pretty low. There is clearly a problem, and it needs to be addressed soon.
Reply Quote
Is game save corruption a common thing on the PS3? I've never seen it on my 360.
Reply Quote

Seeing as how there are multiple people with the same problem, myself included, (complete freeze and file check/restore on act 3/norm), the chance that these are all just hardware failure is pretty low. There is clearly a problem, and it needs to be addressed soon.

The fact that there are multiple people does not rule out hardware issues in older PS3's with aging hard drives. As you know, on the internet, we tend to hear only from those who have problems, not from the vast majority that do not.

I have NEVER had a corrupt save game on the PS3, a 2008 model CECHE with an upgraded hard drive.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

The fact that there are multiple people does not rule out hardware issues in older PS3's with aging hard drives. As you know, on the internet, we tend to hear only from those who have problems, not from the vast majority that do not.

I have NEVER had a corrupt save game on the PS3, a 2008 model CECHE with an upgraded hard drive.

Whatever...my slim is 2 years old so.........and I never had anything freeze and corrupt UNTIL TODAY RIGHT NOW THIS GAME.

The autosave caused my game to freeze and thus destroyed itself, something is rotten in the code.

Im done till this is resolved, Blues you got anything to say?...I mean this is game ending Bull!@#$!
Not starting over it will just happen again eventually and this is why WE should be given full power to save manually when WE want and should be able to turn off autosave.

You new age developers have your heads up your asses.
Reply Quote

Whatever...my slim is 2 years old so.........and I never had anything freeze and corrupt UNTIL TODAY RIGHT NOW THIS GAME.

The autosave caused my game to freeze and thus destroyed itself, something is rotten in the code.

Im done till this is resolved, Blues you got anything to say?...I mean this is game ending Bull!@#$!
Not starting over it will just happen again eventually and this is why WE should be given full power to save manually when WE want and should be able to turn off autosave.

This is also why YOU should backup locally made save files, because there is no master Blizzard server.

YOU lost data, YOU didn't prepare, YOU are to blame. Plenty of other people not having a single issue with their save games.

"I never had a problem with my car until I drove on Lexington Avenue, I HATE YOU LEXINGTON AVENUE!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

This is also why YOU should backup locally made save files, because there is no master Blizzard server.

YOU lost data, YOU didn't prepare, YOU are to blame. Plenty of other people not having a single issue with their save games.

I dont have a usb or ps+ nor does this game list that as a requirement...I prepared by making sure my large hard drive had plenty of space and it did. I also took precautions by backing completely out of every game to the title screen and made absolutely sure the little spin wheel auto save icon was off before turning the system.

Blizzard is 100% to blame for this. You are an idiot if you think otherwise...
Reply Quote
before every session, and every few hours I backup my save.

pays to be safe, but this is the first ever console game I've felt the need to do this with.
Reply Quote
Well I cant even back up my save as I keep getting an error it loads up fine but just wont back up to usb or ps+ storage anyone else get this?
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 06:25 PMPosted by hunter1186
Well I cant even back up my save as I keep getting an error it loads up fine but just wont back up to usb or ps+ storage anyone else get this?

Sounds like your hard drive is failing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]