Diablo® III

PS3 save files corrupting?

Out of curiosity, for those that get the freezes and you reboot are you allowing the PS3 to check the system for corruption when it asks about the improper shutdown or are you skipping it?

I have skipped it every time and have not had any corruption yet, knock on wood.
Reply Quote
Game froze last night. Restarted, let it do the system check, and game data corrupted. we lost 2 level 50s. I'm flat done with this crap until it's fixed.
Reply Quote
6 Troll Druid
For all you fan boys, this is happening on 360 as well. It IS a fault of blizzards and they SHOULD fix it. You may want to take precautions to save data but I did not pay 60 dollars to be forced to take precautions because of a half a$$ed game. And yeah, if the game does not allow proper saving, which is kinda important, it has been half a$$ed.
Reply Quote
I pay about 90 dollars here on psn from Brazil and i lost my save data five times and hours of play!
WE NEED an Update! And play offline too!
Or my money back !! come on blizzard!
Reply Quote
Every time I think the sixth player saved is damaged, that nonsense can not be validated as it
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
You know blizzard the best way to fix this is to have saves broken up. Instead of having all your settings, characters and account in one massive save, you break them up into separate saves. This allows for possible corruption of only one character instead of all progress being lost because of one save. Many games do this a bunch like borderlands and even call of duty separates their saves. I only bring this up because as of right now i have lost all of my progress on nearly 5 characters and now i really am fed up with this crap. Also, some games even setup a backup automatically within the hard drive in case this ever happens, just to give a heads up.
Reply Quote
Is this still going on? I assume so as I played a character from Act III to Act IV and saw the save work. Went out and went back in and it was still there. But few days later I played him again and he was back to Act III. Are they going to fix this problem?
Reply Quote
For PS3....

First of all everyone should backup their saves as routine...

Play Game > Sync Trophies > Backup Save to PS+ > Backup save to external HDD

I do this for all my games/saves and has saved me a few times.

Secondly, most saves that corrupt occur when there is an issue finishing the actual save ie an interruption either user generated or not...thus you need to wait for the spinning D sign to finish before moving on to a new area or powering off...

Finally, the file system or database can be corrupt on the PS3 and affect your game/saves thus going into Safe Mode and running Options 3 and 4 to restore the file system and rebuild the database can be very good for your system.

Like any piece of important data to you...you really need to back it up...you cannot rely on Blizzard or Sony since there are many factors that may corrupt your save in the first instance...
Edited by homerjnick#2794 on 1/20/2014 3:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
I am going to be sick, I lost my lvl 13 paragon BARB with 300k dps, and about 150 hours of gameplay, all gone, Act 3 stonefort whirlwind, CRASH, when i loaded the game my files were corrupted and gone, PLSSSSSSS does anyone know how i can get this back, anyway at all, If not i am throwing the game in the garbage and telling blizz to !@#$ off
Reply Quote
This is not a system problem, I have played thousands of hours on other games, with no issues. this is a problem with the game itself and I am not the only one with the problem, but most people don;tget hit as hard as i did.
Reply Quote
I am going to be sick, I lost my lvl 13 paragon BARB with 300k dps, and about 150 hours of gameplay, all gone, Act 3 stonefort whirlwind, CRASH, when i loaded the game my files were corrupted and gone, PLSSSSSSS does anyone know how i can get this back, anyway at all, If not i am throwing the game in the garbage and telling blizz to !@#$ off
Reply Quote
70 Troll Hunter
While it may not be worth it to most of you, you can at least get the game to start saving again by Restoring your system from the system setting menu - i just wanted to be able to start saving again even if its just gonna crash again - idc LOL have fun!
Reply Quote
My power flickered while the game was saving and my file got corrupted. I am just soooooooo completely and utterly annoyed . I lost my lvl60 barb,witch doctor, wizard and my soon to be 60 monk. I had 2 staff of herdings, a hellfire ring and top rate jewels.Not to mention all of my gear in ingredients My game was so fine tuned, i could run through the game from lvl1 in master1 and grind out to lvl 60 in a handful days when i had tons of time. I lost EVERYTHING and now im reduced to playing with idiots and 10 year olds. If anyone could help me out, feel free to add me if you wanna play or help me out with gear or ingredients. My ps3tag is agentpurple13.
Reply Quote
USB sticks are like... $4 at Target.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]