Diablo® III

Nox is a good game

i think Nox is better than diablo 3 and diablo 2.
blizzard needs to remake Nox or other game company should do that.
also Revenant is good game. Nox and Revenant have its own unique system.
why don't other game companies copy any of them?
Edited by Genius#1233 on 9/11/2013 7:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
OMG I used to play Nox when I was kid. Freaking good game indeed!
Reply Quote
Danke OP ,Im now going to re-download NOX from GOG and play it (Even though I just installed Ultima I-III, was gunna check those out since Ive never played them)
Reply Quote
09/11/2013 07:17 AMPosted by SpaceSavior

This is the COD age of gaming.

If we don't constantly copy what was successful then fans will cry and whine about it. Why do you think so many people on the forums tell us to play Diablo 2 clones like TL2 and PoE? D3 tried something new and now they're paying for it. People want more of the same and will likely only return for Diablo 4 if it's a D2 clone with a couple of safe improvements.

Different = Bad, unless it's indie, casual, or mobile.
Reply Quote
View profile
09/11/2013 07:45 AMPosted by babinro

If we don't constantly copy what was successful then fans will cry and whine about it. Why do you think so many people on the forums tell us to play Diablo 2 clones like TL2 and PoE? D3 tried something new and now they're paying for it. People want more of the same and will likely only return for Diablo 4 if it's a D2 clone with a couple of safe improvements.

you can't honestly be saying that D3 is new? it's about as watered down and simplified as it possibly can be! It's following the trend of modern games as much as it can.
Reply Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzjbV-yTomY
Edited by Hipnotic#1620 on 9/11/2013 8:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Haven't played Nox in ages... miss that game.
Reply Quote
09/11/2013 08:23 AMPosted by TheMoj

U can pick it up on GOG for 6$
Reply Quote
i think Nox is better than diablo 3 and diablo 2.
blizzard needs to remake Nox or other game company should do that.
also Revenant is good game. Nox and Revenant have its own unique system.

I still have the game and the guide! I was just going thru all my books yesterday and seen this and remember how i used to love this game lol
Reply Quote

different =/= stripping the game of it's essential elements.

PoE and TL are actually quite different from D2, but they were developed by people who have a clue about what ARPGs are about. The key word is improvement. D3 tried to innovate, and simply turned the franchise into a watered down WoW clone because the current team has no idea about ARPG development.
Reply Quote
Must go find nox cds now....
Reply Quote

Fun = good.
Not fun = bad.
Different = neutral.
Reply Quote
Posted by babinro

I agree that gaming in totally different than what it was in the 90's and early 2000's compared to today, but that is because there is a larger audience of gamers now then there was back in the day. Blizzard was never known for their new innovations they're a company that tried to improve on solid concepts and ideas from their past games or from other companies to improve their games. Which is why Diablo 3 is perplexing to me because they had scrapped most of their "safe" ideas right before the May release with the end result of the game being very bland and in need of improvement. I don't want more of the same I just want more.

Also Nox, Fallout 1&2, Baldurs Gate, and Planescape Torment were all games I thoroughly enjoyed playing when growing up.
Edited by Mertz#1128 on 9/11/2013 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Awesome. I may have to do that... I doubt I still have my original copy of the game anywhere.

Whatever happened to Westwood Studios, anyhow?

EDIT: Nvm... Wikipedia FTW.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westwood_Studios

EDIT #2: Man... I remember how fun the multiplayer was for Nox. I even had dialup internet back then and both deathmatch and capture the flag were fun as hell in that game. Too bad the servers are no longer online for it. :(
Edited by TheMoj#1726 on 9/11/2013 11:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow. A long time ago. But, yes I remember it. It was way better than D2. So was the Sacred Series. I hope they make Sacred 3 some day.
Reply Quote
09/11/2013 10:13 AMPosted by AsagiD304

Thanks for the info. Now I know what to do till the xpac is here. :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]