Diablo® III

Inferno Farming

So I beat inferno a little while ago I have decent gear but obviously not good enough for master I since I die a lot. Where should I farm gear? And what stats are worthy of master 1? My barb is 73k dps with mf weapon, 6k armor, 56k hp and 300 res.
Reply Quote
stats wise I struggled with my barb for survivability in Master I until I could muster around 500 all resist.
Reply Quote
Gear is important but how you play is more important.

Barb needs at least 3% to be effective. You'll need around 400-500 all res. Of course, it depends on your gears.
crit chance > atk speed > crit dmg > str > vit

Try to get a mace weapon with life steal with the highest dmg. That's your first priority.
Edited by Ketchup#1231 on 9/11/2013 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Where should I farm gear until I'm ready for master 1?
Reply Quote
@TheIronMark

Not exactly sure how loot distribution was changed on the console version, but act 1 and 2 on the PC have a lower chance to drop higher ilevels. This was probably changed, but act 3 remains your best bet because it has the highest mob density.
Reply Quote
Thanks I have been seeing more drops from act3 should I farm a specific spot or just do runs through the whole act?
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 12:47 PMPosted by TheIronMark
Thanks I have been seeing more drops from act3 should I farm a specific spot or just do runs through the whole act?

core--->sky---->keep 2---->rakkis then if you want you can kill Keywarden as well.
Reply Quote

core--->sky---->keep 2---->rakkis then if you want you can kill Keywarden as well.

^^^ Do what he said.

Some people Just do Keep 2--> Rakkis---> Keywarden though to save time. As of now, Keep and Rakkis are EASILY the best zones in the game, so plan your runs around them.
Edited by Cincada#1982 on 9/13/2013 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I recommend playing in groups as often as you can, regardless of your farming route. The bonus for playing in a group is huge. Also, be sure to play in different areas if you find yourself getting tired of doing the same old run. This thread about farming routes is a good resource if you want to add some variety.
Reply Quote
Thanks for all the input everyone I haven't tried keywarden yet.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I remember when they said that the new group improvements were issued to rival single player bonuses, not overcome them.

On the other hand, I run into so many leeches in high MPs that I often resign to faster single player gains anyway.
Reply Quote
If playing alone do you just have to find the keywardens?
Reply Quote
my monk has 200k dps 8000 armor 60k hp and 600 all resists. I can farm Master III comfortably.
Reply Quote
So is Monster Power on the console called Master?
Reply Quote
It's got difficulties within difficulties kinda like monster power. Easy, medium, hard, and master 1-5.
Reply Quote
im loving farming in a3 on my dh in hc. and with the zone resets that happen in console if you farm keep 2-3, rakkis, arreat 2, core, stonefort you can go back to keep and do it all over again without leaving the game, so you keep your NV up at all times.
Reply Quote
That's messed up IN PC u have to rebuild Valor! which means all framing is better on consoles;and if that's the case I wont be buy the expansion
Reply Quote
I farm Act 2 - VOTA and just go to the elite packs

I do it on master 2, easily with my barb, I could prob try master 3

I have around 200k dps, 10k armor, 90k hp and ~400 all resist

legendaries drop like rain in there...in about 10 runs last night, I found about 14 legendaries, 5 set/1 plan/8 reg

one of the sets was the IK chest, which was a huge upgrade for me
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]