Diablo® III

Unstable Anomaly or Blur for Archon?

Hi guys,

I check several archon build here and see that the 3rd passive to be selected usually Unstable Anomaly. But when I tested, I found it's easier to live with Blur and lifesteal. The reason is that, when fighting elites, normally they are melee and run to us very quickly, even with knock off effect from UA, they will catch us before we can get away. Face tanking with them and live on 4% life steal (weap + blood magic) always keep my hp full, except facing knockoff ones.
Any idea?
Reply Quote
View profile
Technically, it's better to get your defenses up on gear and find a way to use cold blooded either with a buriza scoundrel or a CM wiz. But you are pretty beastly, I don't see why you'd be having many issues running CB. However, I don't personally run with buriza/CB in solo archon because I don't want to have spend all that gold on GG eHP stuff. Once I tried blur when doing solo archon runs, I never took it off. Love it. Still use CB if there's a CM wiz there of course.
Reply Quote
I have the same feeling with Blur in solo. I'm getting so hard to be beaten even with tough packs. As long as I can keep my beam up, my HP pool always stay full.
Reply Quote
View profile
I use cold blooded solo (buriza, as chang pointed out) and galvanizing in groups. Galvanizing just makes it easier to stay with the group (less accidentally cancelling archon and not being able to get it back fast enough issues.)
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
You use them if you can't get survivability on gear, otherwise everything goes to maximizing your offensive potential. I haven't used Blur or Unstable Anomaly on my main wizard in a really long time.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]