Diablo® III

Old wow guild playing FF14

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1m67er/a_look_at_the_first_boss_of_bahamuts_coil_my/

Death and Taxes was a famous guild back in the day and some of members are apparently pretty excited with end game raiding in FF14.

Kind of surprised there isn't much talk of this game around here. Pretty much every review I've read has been positive. I'm still waiting for them to add servers, but I'll probably try it down the road.
Reply Quote
Dunno why your waiting then, it at least seems they have resolved most of the server issues. I've been able to login no problem ever since that Weds when they did their fix. I've been in 2 ques since then. One was a 2 person and the other a 12 person. All other times I go straight in. I'm on Sargantanas which is a legacy server and rather populated from what I've seen.
Edited by Maoxx#1279 on 9/11/2013 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There isn't much talk of it here because
1) we're all busy f***ing playing it
2) these forums are near-dead.

3) I've already accmulated 204 hours of game play on FFXIV far exceeding that of Diablo 3 which I accumulated in 2 months, I did that in FFXIV in 2 weeks. Call me addicted.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 9/12/2013 5:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Dont see what makes this game any good. Srsly and I'm not fanboying Blizzard here. I simply dont see what Square Enix did right compared to others.
Reply Quote
<= playing all day *whenever I have free time* I even took time off to play.

It is gonna be all FF14 until expansion *maybe*
Reply Quote
09/17/2013 10:20 AMPosted by Error37
Dont see what makes this game any good. Srsly and I'm not fanboying Blizzard here. I simply dont see what Square Enix did right compared to others.

theme,
story,
nostalgia,
cater to fans,
listen to playerbase,
30% of game is comprised of fan-based ideas.

268 hours clocked here.(about 20 hours of AFK)
yeah they did something right alright...
they listened.

i've never played a game so fervently in the last 2 years,
diablo 3 attracted me to 200 hours but a gruelling experience to formulate a review about in a matter of 2 months,
FFXIV:ARR has attracted me to ~268 hours in a matter of 3 weeks. enough said.
I played FFXIV 1.0 and that was sh*t, this however FFXIV:ARR isnt.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 9/19/2013 9:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I've been playing FFIV and so far I've found it. . . slow. Slow intro, slow quests (all the NPCs are so chatty, slow storyline, slow combat.

To be fair, I've not gotten very far, what with all the launch glitches and whatnot. Also, to be fair, I've played nothing but casters and ranged. Perhaps melee's combat is faster and it's more than possible that the game picks up later on.

But for right now, I'm finding the going, well, slow.
Reply Quote
I've been playing FFIV and so far I've found it. . . slow. Slow intro, slow quests (all the NPCs are so chatty, slow storyline, slow combat.

To be fair, I've not gotten very far, what with all the launch glitches and whatnot. Also, to be fair, I've played nothing but casters and ranged. Perhaps melee's combat is faster and it's more than possible that the game picks up later on.

But for right now, I'm finding the going, well, slow.

casters r slow

edit: ff4 also has no voice acting so ya.. although the pixelated graphics of that time were awesome.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 9/19/2013 10:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]