Diablo® III

It's finally over, I'm mad at you Void

Robert stop talking about how great your Witch Doctor is in Wiz forums, no one really g.a.f

This is WIZARD forums.
Reply Quote
View profile
Read thread before bashing Platinum.

All I said is that SNS damage is total joke and that for damage, there are other classes and builds.

Then he started.

;-)
Reply Quote
I just don't get the point of bashing SNS with builds from other classes. If you want to prove how pathetic eDPS a CM WIz has, compare it to builds within the same class. Oh man it's pointless when we compare different classes do you realize? That makes your argument a lot less valid.

Do you understand why there was a lot of Barbs hate in early days? Because everyone compared their classes to Barb and realized that Barbs were better, before all these buffs. There is no class balancing in D3 to start with, so you may assume that we play Wiz because we love the class.

I gotta disagree with your point of view also, as every increase in DPS counts, as long as we can keep other functionality of the build going well, a 30k DPS buff is still a 30k buff no matter what you see it and it affects the outcome tremendously especially in solo. Wiz do lower damage, it doesn't mean chasing DPS is pointless, we don't suddenly do less damage after your CoB WD was buffed, every point of DPS contributes to the results. It's not for epeen purely.

In search of more convincing arguments about how SNS sucks, as a Wizard.
Reply Quote
View profile
That's, in fact, exactly what I am saying!

If you keep functionality and raise DPS, then hell all OK.

But 2.51 as with 87% mit and <400k EHP without even 7% elite redux...

Geez.
Reply Quote
LS makes you chase DPS because it ALLOWS you to. You can make a super tanky 300k dps lifesteal setup and no chants set will ever come close to that.

but its no fun. dragons are.

cant believe this is even discussed anymore by experienced players.
Reply Quote
That's, in fact, exactly what I am saying!

If you keep functionality and raise DPS, then hell all OK.

But 2.51 as with 87% mit and <400k EHP without even 7% elite redux...

Geez.

thing is you question without even trying? how about the 2 b run robert? don't chicken off you have that 27x multi don't you
Reply Quote
It all comes down to personal preference and playstyle imo since there are so many ways you can gear an effective SNS setup.

I was intrigued with Rulererics 2,14 BP ET CC sword setup a while back and am now currently running a Nat's set, 2,20 aps, +ET CC lifesteal sword setup and it works great. Solo, taxi for vota, group runs and what have you. There was a time when I couldn't imagine dropping from the 3.01 breakpoint but with current mob density and farming spots I find my current setup to be quite versatile for all my purposes. I'm not trying to say it's THE way to gear (most likely it isn't) but I thoroughly enjoy it and that is all that matters.

Also, about the WD comparison, I doubt it's faster for solo farming compared to SNS and from what I have seen they seem to be about the same allthough I have no personal experience with a WD, yet. Recently got a WD leveled up so I'm excited to try this for myself. For group runs (vota comes to mind) you'd want both a SNS Wiz for freezeing and a WD for dps, why compare the 2 when they are both really good in a group setting, especially together...?
Edited by Mental#2776 on 9/13/2013 5:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Robert, you can preach all you want, but until you take Void's challenge, all of your preaching will be for naught.
Reply Quote
??

I can sustain for 100% of all uber fights. That is much much more I ever need for farming.

Oh man...

Then go record yourself soloing ubers and post a vid. If you sustain anywhere near x27 over the run, I will publicly apologize to you here and praise your WD as our overlord.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
It's difficult to compare apples to oranges apart from the fact that they are both fruits (if my education has served me right).

Now that I've played both, WD is great as a overwhelming weapon of destruction. But if I had to chose 1 char to run any Act on MP 10, it would be my CM wiz. From what I see barbs and monk do as well but with teleport, as an escape artist it would be CM.

I mean running my WD in Desolate sands with the sandfies and other undesirables is a pain in the !@#. =P
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 07:28 AMPosted by Charlatan
I mean running my WD in Desolate sands with the sandfies and other undesirables is a pain in the !@#. =P

It is. Jinx can help you a bit with that but it can't work miracles. You hit the nail on the head pretty much. The WD is fun and can be very powerful, but how he has to go about things to do it bring serious drawbacks as well. That's the trade-off for that massive 1000% base skill damage.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
SLEETSTORM > COB

/popcorn
Reply Quote
SLEETSTORM > COB

/popcorn

le popcorn ;P
Reply Quote
SLEETSTORM > COB

/popcorn

lol
Reply Quote
I find this conversation to be relevant to me because I can not figure out how to advance within LoH without my ammy quite literally replacing that control impairing effects roll with Loh, IAS, or both.

I'm at 329k DPS buffed with GC and I've got 860 AR and 4.1k+ Armor with 1300+ loh at 2.5...

And RD hits me like a mack truck, straight up. I have to lay off EB or wait for RD to switch off before going at it...it's very frustrating. I'm "over mit" because with GC, I'm at 88~89% mit and without GC I'm at 90%+ mit....Problem with (and I was talking to Void about this yesterday) this is that the diminishing returns on any mit over 90% is so steep...it's pretty much a waste! So I run GC and I'm a touch under where my mit should be...but if I turn it off? I'm "over-mitted" at 90.x%.

Crap.
Reply Quote
have you tried to up the bp maybe getting more procs will help?

I'm not sure what it would take for 3.01 - maybe 3 more sources of 9ias? but that would be like a massive regear as you woudl need tal chest, lacuni, and ammy which will probably kill your mit going that rout :(
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 08:27 AMPosted by Melkor
I'm "over-mitted" at 90.x%.

There is no such thing! ;p

Diminishing returns isn't quite accurate (if you mean by effect). The overall mitigation % stops going up as fast, but the actual mitigating effect remains linear. If you mean from a cost perspective (to add more), then yes, you'll get diminishing returns for your gold spent. It's also hideously expensive to add/hold mit and continue to increase DPS.

You're in a situation where you really only have a couple options:

1) Add more LoH. (not so easy as you pointed out already)
2) Add APS. (will increase LoH returns per second)
3) Add more Mit. (will make your current LoH more effective, but it's a long, slow road)
4) Add more Life. (increase eHP and hope to have enough to kill them before their RD kills you)

Option #5 exists. It's 5) Get LS. You have your reasons for not moving to it on gear though. That leaves running Blood Magic. I know that doesn't appeal to you either.

-dolynick
Edited by dolynick#1290 on 9/13/2013 8:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
09/13/2013 08:39 AMPosted by Amos
I'm not sure what it would take for 3.01 - maybe 3 more sources of 9ias?

yeah, 2 to get to 2.73, and 4 to get to 3.01. yikes. Its only 13 more to get to 2.73. If he wants to test it, he just needs to grab a 1.79 wand from someone (I have one) and that will put him at 2.73. Ofc, his DPS will go down 50k (lol) so that won't really be a fair comparison. he'll get better LoH returns, but RD probably won't be as big of an issue at that point either.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Adding lacunis is easy....9/6 with 70 AR and 90 INT is doable...and gives about the same DPS...but a little less MIT. But the other IAS piece though has to be Ammy....which is tough to replace. luckily, it'd only have to be 5 IAS....but with good CC/CD/INT/etc rolls would be tough. Much less, giving up on a nice craft.
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 08:50 AMPosted by dolynick
I'm "over-mitted" at 90.x%.

There is no such thing! ;p

Diminishing returns isn't quite accurate (if you mean by effect). The overall mitigation % stops going up as fast, but the actual mitigating effect remains linear. If you mean from a cost perspective (to add more), then yes, you'll get diminishing returns for your gold spent. It's also hideously expensive to add/hold mit and continue to increase DPS.

You're in a situation where you really only have a couple options:

1) Add more LoH. (not so easy as you pointed out already)
2) Add APS. (will increase LoH returns per second)
3) Add more Mit. (will make your current LoH more effective, but it's a long, slow road)
4) Add more Life. (increase eHP and hope to have enough to kill them before their RD kills you)

Option #5 exists. It's 5) Get LS. You have your reasons for not moving to it on gear though. That leaves running Blood Magic. I know that doesn't appeal to you either.

-dolynick

Option #6) Drop Glass Cannon. I then can peel some mit off my existing gear, get back to the current DPS, and take advantage of Evo (regardless of how effective it actually is, it does SOMETHING)

All that needs to happen for this to work is to get an IAS/LoH roll on my ammy..Shouldn't be too hard, right? lol, who am i kidding - that's impossible.

Thanks for the help fellas - I do realize I ask the same questions over and over, maybe I'm just hoping that one day I hear a different answer :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]