Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Books

Hey guys so I am always in love with everything Blizzard. The stories are always amazing, I always fall in love with characters, I always fall in love with story arcs, and I always create my own stories. Probably though Diablo is one of the blizzard stories that I wanna get into more. I just recently started playing Diablo 3 again (I have actively played D1 and D2 as well) and I want to start reading some books. My questions where:

Where should I start? Like what books have lore that I SHOULD/NEED to know that isn't explained in the games very well.

Recommended Diablo book authors? (Favorite Warcraft author is Richard Knaak <3)

Probably my favorite aspect of Diablo are the aspects of the High Heavens (Valor, Justice, Wisdom, Fate) and the angels, and the aspects/circles of Demons (Lust, Terror, etc). Is there any books that I can start reading that base around those things (Mostly angels and high heaven)?

Thank you very much for the help guys :)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Hey guys so I am always in love with everything Blizzard. The stories are always amazing, I always fall in love with characters, I always fall in love with story arcs, and I always create my own stories. Probably though Diablo is one of the blizzard stories that I wanna get into more. I just recently started playing Diablo 3 again (I have actively played D1 and D2 as well) and I want to start reading some books. My questions where:

Where should I start? Like what books have lore that I SHOULD/NEED to know that isn't explained in the games very well.

Recommended Diablo book authors? (Favorite Warcraft author is Richard Knaak <3)

Probably my favorite aspect of Diablo are the aspects of the High Heavens (Valor, Justice, Wisdom, Fate) and the angels, and the aspects/circles of Demons (Lust, Terror, etc). Is there any books that I can start reading that base around those things (Mostly angels and high heaven)?

Thank you very much for the help guys :)
There's a lot of really rich Diablo-related lore and story content out there, and my recommendation would be to check out this post I compiled which lists all of the Diablo books in roughly chronological order, so you can see what stories most appeal to you.

If you're keen on angelic things, you might be especially interested in Diablo III: Book of Tyrael, which comes out later this month, as well as Diablo III: Storm of Light in 2014.

Make sure to let us know what you think once you've picked out a story and begun your reading! :)
Reply Quote
With the shear amount of responses and posts in this thread, it is evident that less then 50% of this games population has ever thought about the lore. It's threads like this one and the countless "What is your favorite act to play in" threads that distract from the subjects that we are all concerned about. i.e. Real PvP/if and when there will be a PTR..even a weekly update would suffice rather then tip toe by the crowd until the patch is released.
Reply Quote
OP, you should totally check out the Sin War series. It doesn't really delve too deeply in the High Heavens and the eternal conflict, rather it focus' on the rise of the Nephelem/Edyrem and how they began to discover their untapped powers (with some demonic influence). This was something that appealed to me anyway.

Also check out the book of Cain, I thought the background profiles on all the demons and angels was pretty interesting.

gl =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]