Diablo® III

They did a fantastic job on console.

The ps3 version that I'm playing has made me forget my issues with the PC version completely.

Amazing drops and a real sense of progression, The roll feature is awesome .. Dodging and backstepping away from stuff feels so fluid.

I can not wait for loot2.0 and the expansion if it's going to come close to my experience on console.

My only issue is that you cant cancel archon once activated, share the loot that dropped with the party you are in, or view profiles. Aside from that I'm a big fan, getting all the classes up to 60 is going to be fun instead of going to the auction house.
Reply Quote
09/12/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Hostee
work for it?!?!?

scanning what may as well be goosed up excel sheets is work?
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 without a AH all together? Diablo 3 where the game just hands me the loot I need and I don't have to work for it?!?!?

No thanks, I actually like a challenge.

this is the stupidest thing I have ever read.
Reply Quote
09/12/2013 01:30 PMPosted by Adp
work for it?!?!?

scanning what may as well be goosed up excel sheets is work?

The process of earning all the B's you need before you head to the AH to gear out your toon would be considered a lot of "work" yes?
Reply Quote
Multiplayer is to hard to find a game on XBOX360. Not many players playing hardcore mode and because there are like 88272 difficulties and you can only search for a game with ONE, multiplayer is a dream.
Reply Quote
Overall blizzard did a nice job. Feels like diablo 2 with the obvious improvements d3 made in game play, presentation and in the skill system. Game has minor freezing issues though those seem to strictly be isolated to specific regions in act 3.
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 without a AH all together? Diablo 3 where the game just hands me the loot I need and I don't have to work for it?!?!?

This is sarcasm, right?!?!
Reply Quote

Probably the DUMBEST post I've EVER read on these forums!!
Reply Quote
It's the same at school. There are some kids you cannot help at all.
Reply Quote
The roll feature is awesome .. Dodging and backstepping away from stuff feels so fluid.

Tried the game out via the demo, and I wasn't particularly impressed by the roll feature, at least not while playing the Wizard - it's not as tight as it should be, in my opinion.

Probably related to how they handle the moment when the game registers that you are supposed to take damage, but noticed a good number of times where what I was seeing on the screen (the visual feedback) showed me several feet or more away from an enemy before they finished their attack animation (many times I would start the roll just before or right at the start of such animations) and I'd still take damage.

Looked exactly like what happens when you're dealing with higher latency while playing online...yet I wasn't playing online (moving away from enemy attacks in general felt like this, actually). They talked the feature up as being one that felt right for the console version and console controls, yet it didn't feel nearly as tight as what I've experience in other console games (where last second dodging works).
Reply Quote

Why the !@#$ would anyone want to actually WORK for a game? A game is supposed to be fun and this game in particular is about finding items that benefit your character, something that the PC version completely fails on.

BOO THIS MAN!!!
Reply Quote
@Berethos, The dodge roll scales with movement speed, so it gets much much better with higher movement speeds. Yes with no MS it's quite lame. It is absolutely AWESOME on my barb with 80% movement speed though :)

Not sure if it even has an invulnerability period which is what I assume you're talking about. All I got with perfect timed dodges was 'dodge' not sure if the rolls invuln says dodge when it works? Might be so, as my barb had 2% chance to dodge when I tested it but got it to say dodge quite a few times.

I use it like a get outta there fast animation cancel move. Amazing for that and high MS one roll goes 3x the distance than with no MS

Stuck in a slow animation attack and a blazing guardian fireball comin' at ya? Dodge:) on pc, you're hit
Edited by Pariah#1412 on 9/13/2013 6:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
my main issue so far is that square gems and items under level 60 drop in inferno. if this was miss buy the testers, a big miss. also, that my zun set gives me 130 int everytime i start new game. I read the sticky but only after i was key farming and notice my dps has gone up without changing any gear out.
Reply Quote
The dodge roll scales with movement speed, so it gets much much better with higher movement speeds. Yes with no MS it's quite lame. It is absolutely AWESOME on my barb with 80% movement speed though :)

MS only goes up to 25% unless you're talking about using sprint on top of geared MS
Reply Quote
Love the evade roll...really great addition....use it to roll away towards a health globe...great feature
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Thanks! We're glad to hear you're having a great time with Diablo III on the console, and we're really excited about all the stuff we're working on to make it even better.

09/12/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Superflu
My only issue is that you cant cancel archon once activated, share the loot that dropped with the party you are in, or view profiles

I'm not sure what you mean about not being able to share the loot with your party. Do you mean that you can't link the item in party chat? Because you can drop items on the ground for fellow party members (as long as they're not account bound) from the item menu or with the quick loot feature. Also, you can view their profiles in the party section of the menu. It's a little buried, but worth finding so you can chat about builds and gear with your fellow adventurers.

09/12/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Superflu
The roll feature is awesome .. Dodging and backstepping away from stuff feels so fluid.

I think I use the dodge feature to break things more than I do to actually dodge anything. Anyone else do this?
Reply Quote
Thanks! We're glad to hear you're having a great time with Diablo III on the console, and we're really excited about all the stuff we're working on to make it even better.

I think I use the dodge feature to break things more than I do to actually dodge anything. Anyone else do this?

I dodge more often to try and 'run' faster on my monk. Bad habit, and it doesnt work, though I do keep trying rofl.
Reply Quote
Use it as well to break stuff....much better than hitting the weapon pad all the time unless I'm trying to build Fury up on my Barb.
Reply Quote

My only issue is that you cant cancel archon once activated, share the loot that dropped with the party you are in, or view profiles

I'm not sure what you mean about not being able to share the loot with your party. Do you mean that you can't link the item in party chat? Because you can drop items on the ground for fellow party members (as long as they're not account bound) from the item menu or with the quick loot feature. Also, you can view their profiles in the party section of the menu. It's a little buried, but worth finding so you can chat about builds and gear with your fellow adventurers.

Working on new things? You must tell us....You must...YOU MUST YOU MUSSST!! >=0

The console is glorious. It is what Iv'e wanted in D3 for a long time. Aside from a few minor bugs (A few that could have been major) and the Dupers/modders, this has been the peak of my Diablo 3 gaming experience.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]