Diablo® III

They did a fantastic job on console.

I dodge more often to try and 'run' faster on my monk. Bad habit, and it doesnt work, though I do keep trying rofl.

Sounds like Legend of Zelda syndrome.
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 01:14 PMPosted by Grimiku
I think I use the dodge feature to break things more than I do to actually dodge anything. Anyone else do this?

I use dodge when there's a really nasty pack. And oh my, just took the leap from easy to Master 1, and it's so rewarding getting two legs on the first run.

The first leg came from a frozen - vortex, and some other nasty affix. Dodged like 20 times from the frozen, until those bastards died, and dropped a pretty nice upgrade.
Reply Quote
09/12/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Superflu
The roll feature is awesome .. Dodging and backstepping away from stuff feels so fluid.

I think I use the dodge feature to break things more than I do to actually dodge anything. Anyone else do this?

The Barrel Roll as I like to call it.. is incredibly awesome.. almost too awesome. It definitely has affected my builds and play styles on some classes.

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, not sure this is intended or not but... if you Barrel Roll as frozen orbs go off, you will not get frozen. Ever. Try it. This is something you couldn't do on PC.
Edited by Skeeks#1791 on 9/13/2013 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The console version is great, but they still haven't explained why demon hunters are now unable to use ALL melee weapons. Not that i really care of that (i'm not looking for a build or anything), i just wonder if that change will ever be introduced in the PC version as well. Yeah, i'm forced to use reverse psychology in order to get an answer :P
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, not sure this is intended or not but... if you Barrel Roll as frozen orbs go off, you will not get frozen. Ever. Try it. This is something you couldn't do on PC.

I don't always remember to time a dodge when Frozen orbs are exploding, but I've noticed you can avoid being frozen by doing so. Just remember that it doesn't work with all of the elite affixes, and attempting to do a barrel roll under an Arcane Beam will just get you torn up.
Reply Quote
Has anyone tried to barrel roll from molton blast?
Reply Quote

Certain classes with certain abilities can do something similar on the PC. Barbarian leap (who the hell still uses leap?) and wizard teleport (requires a lot more precise timing) can be used to dodge stuff like frozen orbs and molten explosions. There are probably others too but I don't know.
Reply Quote
**create differences between two versions of the same game to attempt to increase sales for both**
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 03:22 PMPosted by atinybug

Certain classes with certain abilities can do something similar on the PC. Barbarian leap (who the hell still uses leap?) and wizard teleport (requires a lot more precise timing) can be used to dodge stuff like frozen orbs and molten explosions. There are probably others too but I don't know.
yes they allow you to dodge them, you can even leap / teleport into frozen orbs and not be frozen(non wotb with leap ofc) you have to wait until the frozen orb is the largest orb and leap / teleport then, it slows your character, but doesn't freeze it
Reply Quote
you could always leap in PC also to avoid being frozen, never tested teleport. As far as molten blast rolling goes... no luck so far ;-)
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 05:50 AMPosted by Pariah
80% movement speed though :

So MS is no longer capped???????? Awesome!
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 03:05 PMPosted by Grimiku

I don't always remember to time a dodge when Frozen orbs are exploding, but I've noticed you can avoid being frozen by doing so. Just remember that it doesn't work with all of the elite affixes, and attempting to do a barrel roll under an Arcane Beam will just get you torn up.

Can you still Furious Charge through the beams with reckless abandon?
Reply Quote
I just got through the whole demo. They definitely did an amazing job. Besides graphics and screen tears, it's legit.
Reply Quote
I've been using dodge on the aforementioned Frozen packs, it's handy when timed well and totally ups the ante in regards to action and player "skill".

It's also really handy to roll out of ground DoT effects like Desecrator or the pools left behind by Burning Guardians. I've tailored a build for doing VotA runs on Master V in inferno and dodge is an integral element to surviving. I can't say I used it too much in my initial journey through Normal > Hell.
Reply Quote
One can avoid being frozen with correctly timing the use of dashing strike on the PC
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
09/13/2013 03:05 PMPosted by Grimiku

+movespeed seems to speed up the pre- and post-dodge animation significantly giving you more time to work with to get away. As a side effect it also appears to speed up the roll as well which seems to be faster than just running at high levels of +movespeed.
Reply Quote
just got done trying out the console Ver. and ill say its an lot better but this overwhelming feeling of rage set in. why cant they have done this on the PC ver and not sell us a $60+ beta that has a cash grab AH in it.
Reply Quote
It gave new life to the game for me. Bought mine from a place with a week money back policy. Will be saving it though. Hats off to blizzard. Now to fix wow... Lol jk.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure what you mean about not being able to share the loot with your party. Do you mean that you can't link the item in party chat? Because you can drop items on the ground for fellow party members (as long as they're not account bound) from the item menu or with the quick loot feature. Also, you can view their profiles in the party section of the menu. It's a little buried, but worth finding so you can chat about builds and gear with your fellow adventurers.

Or you know, just use voice chat.. AWESOME!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
They did a horrible job, I lost every single minute I put into D3 console from data corrupt...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]