Diablo® III

They did a fantastic job on console.

09/13/2013 01:14 PMPosted by Grimiku
Thanks! We're glad to hear you're having a great time with Diablo III on the console, and we're really excited about all the stuff we're working on to make it even better.

Groovy

09/13/2013 01:14 PMPosted by Grimiku
I think I use the dodge feature to break things more than I do to actually dodge anything. Anyone else do this?

Yes, though it depends on what primary attack I have equipped on my DH. It has been useful to dodge those insects the flying bugs shoot in the desert.
Edited by CronoCloud#1725 on 9/14/2013 9:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I tried the demo on ps3 and to be honest I was a little disappointed; I will probably attribute that to the fact that I had to play a barb, Im a graphics junkie (console looks like I am playing on my mac), I like talking to people through typing chat, and I honestly love the ARPG inventory system from the PC.

I have some questions for you guys if someone can answer them:

Can you use the elective feature on console?
Do headsets work?
When playing with 4 people through one console, does player 1 "dominate" where the screen is and drag the vision box with it? Do the other people get dragged at the edge of the box or do they disappear offscreen with a timer?

Thanks guys :)
Reply Quote

Yes.

Do headsets work?

Yes.

When playing with 4 people through one console, does player 1 "dominate" where the screen is and drag the vision box with it? Do the other people get dragged at the edge of the box or do they disappear offscreen with a timer?

Check the FAQ:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9280998875#1

The screen zoom's out to try to keep them all on screen to a limited extent... if someone is far behind when someone tries to move beyond the boundaries. they'll be dragged along or TP'd to the rest of the party to keep up.
Reply Quote
I played the Demo and liked it, just having a hard time getting over the menu's, and inventory/skills layout being so different than the PC.

But that's aight.
Reply Quote
At first I thought combat was great; the auto targeting could do no wrong. As my wizard has hit 60 I'm finding that the "auto targeting" feature is the weakest link in the game, enough so that it makes many spells either too unreliable to use or nearly so.

What is need is an option for manual targeting. The left-trigger "lock on target" feature is useless when you can't pick the right target to begin with. I would recommended replacing this feature with one that allows you to control the location. For example, hold left trigger, use move joystick to select the target.

Auto targeting could still be used but this will allow players to exert control when its needed.
Reply Quote
Do you know what happen to lightning ball skill of DH in the console. its seem like missing. or did they not make it for console version?
Reply Quote
On pc u you dodge frozen with correct timing of certain skills. Leap, dashing strike, teleport, vault, etc. u thin it's pretty much any skill that involves a character moving animation... Furious charge.. Smoke screen, spirit walk and serenity break frozen.

Give it a month.. The other issue is very one will have god like gear by then.. Blizz needs to come up with end game plans for console.
Reply Quote
View profile

Yes.

Do headsets work?

Yes.

Check the FAQ:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9280998875#1

The screen zoom's out to try to keep them all on screen to a limited extent... if someone is far behind when someone tries to move beyond the boundaries. they'll be dragged along or TP'd to the rest of the party to keep up.

Thanks for the response :)
Reply Quote
I just wish the right stick would be used to AIM enemies instead of rolling, would have an much easier time for my ranged characters.
Reply Quote
I played the console demo and didn't like it. I'm normally a console gamer (I had to buy a new system expressly for D3, cause I don't keep up-to-date hardware to play stuff), but the controls for D3 felt clunky to me. I was playing a barb, and it felt difficult to control which enemies I actually wanted to hit. Admittedly, I'm biased, having played D3 on the computer for several months, now, and I only played the demo, so I have no idea what it's like at high levels with all the skills. But I'll be sticking with the interface on the PC, rather than the PS3, even though I'm not a PC gamer.
Reply Quote
Alright as a fellow wizard i must admit after playing console out of everything so far, the targeting was so annoying. you can't really control it you have to face them and hope it picks the right one, and on top of that you can't just hold attack on it and have it stay sometimes it can switch off. having to select enemies in a hurry such as the creatures the make minions. like the zombie witches, skeleton summoners, etc.. if something is changed on the targeting, i could see myself playing diablo 3 on console just as much as on pc
Reply Quote
They did an awful job on the Console version, Why did consoles not get the exact same game as the PC did

Why did they feel the need to remove two of the items needed to make the Staff of Herding?
Reply Quote
They did an awful job on the Console version, Why did consoles not get the exact same game as the PC did

Why did they feel the need to remove two of the items needed to make the Staff of Herding?

I guess we'll never know, like the removal of melee for Demon Hunter.

EDIT: NO I'M NOT LOOKING FOR MELEE BUILDS.
Edited by TozziFan#1943 on 9/15/2013 5:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The one big problem I have with the console version is in inferno only square gems drop, and there is no way to downgrade a tome of secrets to a tome of jewelcraft. This means that to make higher level gems you must go through hell difficulty just to get tomes.
Reply Quote
Why did consoles not get the exact same game as the PC did

You can still make the staff, it just requires fewer items. So yes, whimsyshire is in there.
Reply Quote
the less items tripped me out. i spent so many extra farming detours to check the fireplace in leroics manor. then i was searching the crafting able when i noticed i could already make it.
Reply Quote
What i hate about console d3 is that there is less mobs then on pc. You should adjust the xp accordingly imo. We should have to id the yellows to because i have to pick all of the yellows on the floor. If i know that it's a lvl 60 item undid with it's name unid then i'd pick them up instead of picking them all up on the floor. This slows dows the process to get to p100 and the fact that there is less mobs slows it down even more. Please adjust the xp gain. I'm making only around 35-40m xp/hour with a 270k dps barb @master 2. This is wayyyy to slow considering barb is the fastest potential class to make it to p100.
Reply Quote
I know right!! I love the dodge feature with my DH. It's like it was made for that class specifically.
Reply Quote
I don't really have a problem withe the exp rate. Paragon 100 should be a grind, and especially since paragon levels are shared account wide, getting there should take a long time.
Reply Quote
It's too late already lol. People already running around with duped/hacked items. It was fun for them while it lasted.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]