Diablo® III

Since ladders are confirmed , pointless to farm para?

I'd be supportive of ladders..if it weren't so god-awefully boring re-leveling characters in D3. Ever since they added the monster density increase, the Normal-Nightmare-Hell grind just does not feel the same. I know, I know... that's what power-leveling is for, but I'm not a fan of power-leveling anymore since that's all I ever did in D2.

Alas, perhaps some of the other new changes coming won't make it so bad, like getting Nephalem Valor at level 30 instead of 60, and finding any legendary at any level. We shall see.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/13/2013 02:43 AMPosted by Odin
most of you ladder supporters just want a fresh economy and play for maximum profit, it makes no point for D3 and i hope there wont be a ladder like in d2, it makes no sense and just splits the player base.

Hardcore has no point for D3 like it did in D2. It makes no sense and just splits the player base.

See how that works?
Reply Quote
Ladders are not everyone's thing. So no, farming paragon is not pointless.
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 04:18 AMPosted by justhackitup
http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/charactertypes.shtml

Thanks for the link. D3 was my first Diablo game so I didn't know what a ladder was...

I'd still say that farming paragon isn't useless, because all ladder characters will be converted to normal/hardcore characters when the season ends, and at that point you'll be able to apply your shared paragon points to them. Unless, if you only care about playing within the ladder system, and you plan to start a new character and only play that character each ladder season---effectively retiring your non-ladder normal/hc toons---then paragon isn't for you.
Edited by CoMM#1468 on 9/13/2013 5:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
On diablo fans it says clearly:
BestLadderRankValue - Best Ladder Rank
BestLadderParagonValue - Best Ladder Paragon Level
GuildLadderRank - Clan Ladder
RankSeasonHero - Seasonal

THERE ARE MANY TYPES OF LADDER. One where your total paragon counts and one seasonal. If you farm now you will be in the "Best Ladder Paragon Level" because that is for everyone and never resets.

What is so hard to understand.
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 02:15 AMPosted by Neo
IF there will be a ladder then yes it was useless to play all your chars to paragon100.

Not for sure, paragon levels might be shared among ladder and non-ladder characters..

On diablo fans it says clearly:BestLadderRankValue - Best Ladder RankBestLadderParagonValue - Best Ladder Paragon LevelGuildLadderRank - Clan LadderRankSeasonHero - SeasonalTHERE ARE MANY TYPES OF LADDER. One where your total paragon counts and one seasonal. If you farm now you will be in the "Best Ladder Paragon Level" because that is for everyone and never resets.What is so hard to understand.

those are just speculations, how you can draw those conclusions from that little data is very hard to understand actually. Why would what we do not at all count for anything with a name including "Ladder" as you suggest?
Edited by Necksnapper#2667 on 9/13/2013 5:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote

THERE ARE MANY TYPES OF LADDER. One where your total paragon counts and one seasonal. If you farm now you will be in the "Best Ladder Paragon Level" because that is for everyone and never resets.

BestLadderParagonValue

Honestly, read your own post before posting. It would be pointless to farm Paragon levels now if you're going ladder.
Reply Quote
Your paragon levels right now move to the general ladder. You people are trully impressive. Thing of the general ladder as diabloprogres.com in game right now
Reply Quote
Paragon levels will almost certainly be NOT shared among Ladder and non-Ladder characters. The point of ladder is a fresh start, to bring new and old players back in the leveling/item grind. Who would want to play in a ladder where a P500 account is exponentially better off than a new account right from the beginning? It's an unfair advantage to those just starting out. Think about it logically.
Reply Quote
FOR THE SEASONAL ONES YES. For the rest no. Do you imagine the uproar if everyone's gear and paragon gets wiped? Not wiped but "NON-LADDER". The first two ladders in my post are for people to show off their entire Diablo experience. Why don't you analyze first?

Why would they create a SEASONAL ladder if they are all SEASONAL?
Reply Quote
1. ladder as in ranking, means competitive playing. for a competition to have any meaning it has to be a challenge, and of course occur on a fair and level playing field
2. there will not be ANY auction house or ANY kind of trading in ladders, all drops are account bound at the very least (character bound would be better)
3. if you can pay2win they might as well just start selling ladder ranks on auction house
4. if losers can simply cheat their way in, where's the fair game? (enter 24/7 bots, 24/7 team-shared-played chars, etc as proven by d2 "ladders" over and over)
5. ladders as an "economy reset" is a laughable concept.
economy resets are either content patches or expansion packs.
Reply Quote
IF there will be a ladder then yes it was useless to play all your chars to paragon100.
The reason is once the ladder is started noone will play noladder.
It will become much harder to sell anything.

1. Having a paragon 100 that will not reset is not useless
2. Tons of people do not want to start over, most people play casually
3. Who gives a crap if drops are good and you dont need the AH
4. Shut up your ignorant
Reply Quote
FOR THE SEASONAL ONES YES. For the rest no. Do you imagine the uproar if everyone's gear and paragon gets wiped? Not wiped but "NON-LADDER". The first two ladders in my post are for people to show off their entire Diablo experience. Why don't you analyze first?

Why would they create a SEASONAL ladder if they are all SEASONAL?

New to ladders? Every played D2 Ladder? There is LADDER and NON-LADDER. Your entire D3 work and experience up until now will go NON-LADDER. LADDER is a fresh new start, where you grind your way to the top with everyone who chooses to play LADDER at a level playing field and eventually resets after a certain time. Nothing is erased or wiped. What in the hell are you talking about?

If you can't comprehend something that's punching you in the face, then you just can't comprehend it.
Edited by Phantom#1322 on 9/13/2013 6:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They haven’t even confirmed that there will be ladders yet. Think about it, the datamined info, just about everything anybody has asked for is in it do you really think it will all make the cut.
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 02:43 AMPosted by Odin
most of you ladder supporters just want a fresh economy and play for maximum profit, it makes no point for D3 and i hope there wont be a ladder like in d2, it makes no sense and just splits the player base.

I agree with most of this, it will definitely split the player base (I have friends that I won't be able to play with b/c I will not EVER be in a Ladder system)...but the biggest problem is that as currently designed Paragon 2.0 being account wide XP system does NOT work with a Ladder system.

Lets say you do Ladder...you focus on your one character, u get him to the "equivalent" of power in terms of Paragon points to what is now 100PL (max level) that's pretty awesome right...not so fast...here is the other person who is NONE Ladder with TWICE the power you have b/c he's got account wide XP. Yes they are on DIFFERENT servers but why should I grind to be half as powerful as I can be in my account wide XP Paragon set up?
Reply Quote

All of this isn't even in BETA, BETA...meaning so much can change WILL CHANGE. Show me 100% where this is going to implemented for SURE? yeah thought so...
Reply Quote
You guys underestimate the amount of casual players, you know... the majority? they'll play non-ladder because "Competing" against people that have all the time in the world to play this game won't sound so great.

And stuff won't be wiped, if it did they'd whine... me included >.< i'll play non-ladder because having a job and enterering a "Race" against people that have more free time to play doesn't make sense, it's like giving some people a 50 meters headstart in a 100 meters sprint and still try to win.
Reply Quote
what is interesting in ladder ?
people that are rich now will be rich in ladder also..

it's a separate economy... so no they will not
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]