Diablo® III

My new Archon Strategy if these changes stick

Waypoint to Fields of Misery, MP10, kite a few big stacks of trash mobs together, kill them. Exit the game. Repeat. :P
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Pretty much going to be a burst elite kill skill. Find elites, herd trash mobs, feed off of trash mobs, melt elites in 5 seconds, move on.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
Pretty much going to be a burst elite kill skill. Find elites, herd trash mobs, feed off of trash mobs, melt elites in 5 seconds, move on.
Twitter: @Jaetch

Completely agree. And there will be superior alternatives with better dps after all the concessions we'll need to make to get the cooldown to a reasonable threshold. I see it as more of a starter ability now for new players that want an easy, 1-button boost early on, except this won't translate anymore once you reach inferno and higher mp like it currently does, cost prohibitive as it is.

Sadly, I'll probably refuse to adapt out of stubbornness and utilize above said playstyle out of spite, telling new players what it was like back in the day.
Reply Quote
Actually... it's going to be non-stop COTA runs from here on out.
Reply Quote
You should incorporate the new meteor in your build, it looks like the definition of burst damage.
Reply Quote
View profile
Definitely they added damage to Wizard.

That Meteor cooldown will not be a problem thx to CM, and I think Black hole or this Meteor will play a role in SNS and Teleport will have hard time.
Reply Quote
09/14/2013 02:05 AMPosted by JackStraw
You should incorporate the new meteor in your build, it looks like the definition of burst damage.

It's going to be veeerrryy difficult for any high-end archon's like myself to just switch over to an apoc build when we... have 0 apoc. Having said that, if we want to experience the same playstyle, looks like disintegrate is the way to go, interspersed with archon every now and then.

Still, apoc requirements will mean complete gear overhauls, and in the end we'll be far less efficient than we are currently.
Reply Quote
The workaround to no APoC for Disintegrate is obviously reduction to cost, or increase in AP gain through skills, which means even less DPS and EHP overall from Archon builds. But it's also a change in play style somewhat, Disintegrate isn't really a facemelt build but rather a mix between tanking and kiting...

I've been meaning to switch to Disintegrate for a while now and it seems it's about time to explore that area, for the time being until we see any other new builds in the expansion...
Reply Quote
Don't forget the first step - team up with WD's using their new infinite duration pestilence to gather mobs.
Reply Quote
Screw Fields of Misery, I'll be farming Horde mode.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]