Diablo® III

[Review/Video] - Reaper of Souls Monk Changes

View profile
I'm assuming it'll work like the other mantras do. so monk using it should also get teh effect.
Reply Quote
I'll be drooling all day.... over non-kb 40 bell builds. COOKIE BELL BUILDS BABY!
Reply Quote
View profile
hah. won't even need nirvana anymore if reclamation works the way it sounds, kim.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
09/17/2013 04:31 PMPosted by RelytReborn
I'm assuming it'll work like the other mantras do. so monk using it should also get teh effect.

I was assuming this as well, however it is the only skill worded the way it is ... so perhaps this isn't the case.

Guiding light can't be procced in a single player game so we know there is a president set for "group only" effects ... I really hope this isn't the case though.

Darn, I was feeling so amped up about it too ><
View profile
wondering...could guiding light be affected by skills like reclamation where heal is being given to allies?
Reply Quote
09/17/2013 04:39 PMPosted by RelytReborn
wondering...could guiding light be affected by skills like reclamation where heal is being given to allies?

sounds like it.

Man Reclamation did sound too good to be true, it probably is just for allies!
Reply Quote
View profile
hmm, if that's the case... i'm sticking with moh-cb
Reply Quote
View profile
might try lps+ sr /shield/lpss build.
Edited by RelytReborn#1727 on 9/17/2013 4:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There's quite a few weird wordings in the datamined skill changes (especially the Crusader section). I maintain hope that it's just a typo, and this skill applies to you as well.
Reply Quote
Aye, 1.153 seems like the borderline APS to keep the new FoT about the same damage.

I'm expecting a ratings system to appear, and the (hidden) proc coefficients no normal gamer will know anything about to be done away with - probably at the same time as they tell us Life-steal is getting removed.
Reply Quote
Very nice video, and very informative content. Thanks, Druin.

As a 2h monk, Bell is my major damage output. When seeing that they are removing the knockback, omg, tears in the eyes. haha. Finally, I can play with my friends, using my favorite skill.

And for DS, I currently use it as an escape skill (got several close calls from TR rubberbanding, not consider it atm). The changes they bring (maybe) to this skill will definitely change the way I use it. I love the damage from the new DS, as you mentioned, could DS be the next OP damage skill (replacing bell?)? ; on the other hand, I won't treat it as an escape skill anymore as the increased spirit cost. When my monk is dying? It is when she run out of spirit. DS won't safe her in this case. There will be a lot of changes on the build, and I am very excited about it.

Well, this may off the topic, but anyway... I do like the fact that you consider a change may mean quite different things for HC and SC players. I learned a lot from the monk forum, but can never completely copy the build. All these skill changes will open up a bunch of new builds. Just hoping that all pro monks here give a little bit thought on the build variations for HC players when discussing new skills. I believe a good SC monk not only know how to kill fast but also how to stay alive; the same thing, a good HC monk not only know how to tank but also how to kill. Want to get the best thing from both world, if it is not impossible.
Reply Quote
Great job Druin. I'm really curious to see where they go with life steal. I played through MP9 using only life on hit, and one thing I noticed once I finally found a decent LS weapon was how much less tactical I had to be. If they are nerfing (which I suspect) or outright eliminating (which I doubt) life steal, the knockback and stun skills are going to become much more valuable. The playstyle just changes when "more dps" isn't the answer to every situation, and the crowd control skills really start to shine.
Reply Quote
Less LS = Happy Demiwraith :)

I'm going to just thow out a guess that enemies will gain most if not all of their MP-granted EHP from mitigation in order to deal with the geometric nature of DPS growth from better and better gears. If monster EHP grows from mitigation, then when you raise your DPS to kill enemies one MP higher at the same rate as you do now, you heal at the same rate as well.

It also normalizes expectations of LS in PvP as you're used to dealing with mitigation. It further allows enemies to have varying levels of mitigation at a given MP and therefore a richer gaming environment.

OK, I'm not guessing. I'm begging. Please implement my clearly wonderful ideas Blizzard.
Edited by Demiwraith#1534 on 9/18/2013 3:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Man, can Bliz release this xpac sooner? I can't wait to play the new content with new skills!

Don't care what they end up doing to the skills and gears. I'll just adjust to it. I just want the new content asap!
Reply Quote
Man, can Bliz release this xpac sooner? I can't wait to play the new content with new skills!

Don't care what they end up doing to the skills and gears. I'll just adjust to it. I just want the new content asap!

I mostly just want the patch, since the challenge mode stuff is already in there ~_~

Something to do that involves actually paying attention while playing would be nice!
Reply Quote
View profile
is xpac or 2.0 bringing these changes?
Reply Quote
Was just looking at all of them, Mojo your regen build is going to be sweet with mantra of healing!
Reply Quote

Epiphany
Cooldown: 120 seconds / You have an Epiphany, restoring all of your Spirit, reducing the Spirit cost of your skills by 50% and enabling your melee attacks to instantly dash to your target for 20 seconds.

Skills that have 120 second cooldowns are usually quite bad.

The only exceptions to this rule are skills that increase the duration / decrease the cooldown as part of their mechanic (Archon and WotB - Thrive on Chaos) and Blizz has said they don't like that kind of mechanic so we can't really expect the runes to help us out there.

That being said, it's a strong effect with melee effects all dashing and skills costing near-zero spirit.

It remains to be seen if this is useful or not but I will put a lot of my guessing power into the "not" category until the runes are released.

Apparently the 'big' monk news from the gameplay panel was... Epiphany.

http://i.imgur.com/KuLGfY5.png

And from a previous datamined post for the Runes:

Sand : Infuse yourself with sand, reducing damage taken by 40% and increasing your damage by 3% for each enemy within 15 yards.
Water : Imbue yourself with water, instantly resetting your Defensive cooldowns and reducing their cooldown durations by 50%. Using a Defensive ability also cleanses negative effects off of allies within 30 yards.
AirWindwalker : Each enemy killed during your Epiphany increases your Attack Speed by 1% for the remaining duration of Epiphany.
Fire : Engulf yourself in flames, burning enemies within 10 yards for 150% weapon damage as Fire and causing your attacks to assault enemies in front of you for 100% weapon damage as Fire.
Lightning : Charge yourself with Lightning, increasing your movement speed by 10% and causing your next attack after moving 10 yards to Stun enemies for 1.5 seconds.

Overall, not very impressed... unless it gets converted to a passive ^_^
Reply Quote
First review I've ever read about the ROS changes, and what a thorough one at that! I look forward to testing some of this in PTR next year. Thanks for all the work Druin
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]