Diablo® III

ETA on PTR?

09/17/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Lylirra
how about PTR on loot 2.0 endgame modes?

Yes, we want players to be able to provide feedback on those gameplay features those too. :)

But again, no dates or details yet (though Josh said we would love to do something this year, if possible). We still have a lot of internal testing and development to do before opening everything up to a wider audience.

Edit: STUFF

I know you guys are trying, but seriously, loot 2.0 should have been released by now on pc. I like d3, don't get me wrong, I'm just bummed it's taking you guys twice as long to do anything as it realistically should. I mean you guys managed to implement it on console before the game that's already been out a year and a half, and now we find out it's at least another 6 months out? Nonsense.
Reply Quote
They have Blizzcon coming up. Of course they want to wait for that before announcing anything.
Reply Quote
What about dev blogs and journals or are they being all saved for Blizzcon?
Reply Quote
blues:;

it would make forum life easier if you just said that ptr would not begin until next year

and that would stop the questions about whether its tomorrow, next week...people would have a general timeline

i just think this would be helpful for everyone involved
Reply Quote
Honestly you guys should space things out a bit more, Tell me if this makes sense? You plan on releasing all materials close together and at one the problem with that is you will be scrambling to implement changes when game breaking things start cropping up, the game as it stands is playable but less so enjoyable. By November Loot 2.0 and Paragon 2.0 should be implemented as a main part of the game, as it stands it won't hurt anything, in fact it might boost PC sales if people have confidence the Diablo is being put back in D3, anything that has issues can be solved Pre-Expansion patches. Then, afterwards, you are only dealing with expansion related materials instead of everything all at once. PTR is nice but a waste of time, IMO, you get nothing for it, other than insight that takes away from actually playing the game and wouldn't you rather get opinions from the community over a few that are playing the PTR, they are only a smaller sample of the overall communities and that is ALWAYS blizzards largest mistake.

1- Implement new things in stages, and add fixes according to severity.
2- Listen to the community while being true to what the series is, Action RPG, not Golden Axe no thinking mindless grinding, RPG incorporates strategy and the use of brains.

3- this game plays like a long beta in and of itself the sooner you release materials the more people will understand you are acting professional, NO one wanted to pay 120$ for a working Diablo Title and as this stands its not Diablo not yet. D2 had its share of problems as well, but they were fixed with and expansion that was out in less than a year after release, and constant content tweaks, till it met near perfection.
Reply Quote
Next time you'll receive news about the expansion, beta, etc., from Blizzard directly, is going to be at Blizzcon in November. I almost guarantee it. Don't bother asking anything.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/17/2013 10:56 AMPosted by unholy
it would make forum life easier if you just said that ptr would not begin until next year

We'd like to make public testing available this year, if at all possible (this will ultimately depend on how internal testing goes and whether or not we're able to get everything into a playable state). That said, I wouldn't anticipate anything before BlizzCon. If that timeline changes and we're able to deliver something sooner, darn tootin' we'll let the community know.

Yeah. I just said darn tootin'. /dealwithitglasses

09/17/2013 10:10 AMPosted by DarkJack
how about november 10th? ;)

I'll pass on your suggestion. :P
Edited by Lylirra on 9/17/2013 2:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/17/2013 02:05 PMPosted by Lylirra

We'd like to make public testing available this year, if at all possible (this will ultimately depend on how internal testing goes and whether or not we're able to get everything into a playable state). That said, I I wouldn't anticipate anything before BlizzCon. If that timeline changes and we're able to deliver something sooner, darn tootin' we'll let the community know.

how about november 10th? ;)

I'll pass on your suggestion. :P
Hottest and nicest Dev right here ;)
Reply Quote

Now that you have turned into an old gold prospector........Could you find out what will happen to our real money balance... Will I be able to cash it out, buy a D3 Pony t-shirt, buy Collectors edition ROS, or get me one of those sweet DWI Glasses?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/17/2013 02:19 PMPosted by Spaceghost
Could you find out what will happen to our real money balance... Will I be able to cash it out, buy a D3 Pony t-shirt, buy Collectors edition ROS, or get me one of those sweet DWI Glasses?

We're still working out all the technical details for the shut down, so we don't have all the answers right now. But we will, and we'll be sharing them with all of you once they're available -- likely within the same FAQ thread we posted today as well as more front-page blog posts. We know these details are important, and our goal is to ensure that this transition goes as smoothly as possible. That requires keeping the community informed of what will happen to things like posted auctions, items or currency in the Completed Tab, and (of course) Battle.net Balance. This is partly why we wanted to give players such advanced notice, as it'll allow enough time for all the appropriate preparations to be made (both on your end and on ours).

TL;DR: We don't know yet. But once we do, you'll know too.

Now, back on topic!
Reply Quote
View profile
I think player moral is higher then it's been since release:)
Reply Quote
Diablo is BACK!
Reply Quote
09/17/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Error37
Everyone who is not able to wait, I have a suggestion for you. Go play something else, say GTA5 for example.

If only it was for PC. Shafted again. I really don't want it for playstation but it's hard staying away.
Reply Quote
aka hours before ROS goes on sale.
Reply Quote
09/17/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Nighthunter4
I think player moral is higher then it's been since release:)

Not true! It took most players at least a week after release to get to the "Inferno"-low. :)

I was pretty pumped up until I hit that brick wall over and over again. From that moment on, morale declined. It had a couple of hights that were ruined by the need to use the AH.
Reply Quote
In a game shortchanged on features and bait and switched from its predecessors, you really need to get on the ball with loot 2.0, no way to beat around the bush on that point.
Reply Quote
09/17/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Gilead
Everyone who is not able to wait, I have a suggestion for you. Go play something else, say GTA5 for example.

If only it was for PC. Shafted again. I really don't want it for playstation but it's hard staying away.

I don't play games that use the "N" word every other word and promote the lifestyle that is used in that trashy game. :P
Reply Quote
Going to try Path of Exile for the first time during the shutdown
Reply Quote
09/17/2013 10:29 AMPosted by DOOM

Yes, we want players to be able to provide feedback on those gameplay features those too. :)

But again, no dates or details yet (though Josh said we would love to do something this year, if possible). We still have a lot of internal testing and development to do before opening everything up to a wider audience.

Edit: STUFF

I know you guys are trying, but seriously, loot 2.0 should have been released by now on pc. I like d3, don't get me wrong, I'm just bummed it's taking you guys twice as long to do anything as it realistically should. I mean you guys managed to implement it on console before the game that's already been out a year and a half, and now we find out it's at least another 6 months out? Nonsense.

Not that I totally disagree with you here, but now that it's been this long it would be completely useless to introduce loot 2.0 into the game while the AH's are still up. This is just my guess right now. I also am an impatient D3 fan that feels a little let down. But rushing anything now has the potential to totally ruin the game for a lot of players. We don't want all the new loot being botted and injected into the AH for everyone to be geared out in the first week do we? I know I don't.
Reply Quote
Honestly you guys should space things out a bit more, Tell me if this makes sense? You plan on releasing all materials close together and at one the problem with that is you will be scrambling to implement changes when game breaking things start cropping up, the game as it stands is playable but less so enjoyable. By November Loot 2.0 and Paragon 2.0 should be implemented as a main part of the game, as it stands it won't hurt anything, in fact it might boost PC sales if people have confidence the Diablo is being put back in D3, anything that has issues can be solved Pre-Expansion patches. Then, afterwards, you are only dealing with expansion related materials instead of everything all at once. PTR is nice but a waste of time, IMO, you get nothing for it, other than insight that takes away from actually playing the game and wouldn't you rather get opinions from the community over a few that are playing the PTR, they are only a smaller sample of the overall communities and that is ALWAYS blizzards largest mistake.

1- Implement new things in stages, and add fixes according to severity.
2- Listen to the community while being true to what the series is, Action RPG, not Golden Axe no thinking mindless grinding, RPG incorporates strategy and the use of brains.

3- this game plays like a long beta in and of itself the sooner you release materials the more people will understand you are acting professional, NO one wanted to pay 120$ for a working Diablo Title and as this stands its not Diablo not yet. D2 had its share of problems as well, but they were fixed with and expansion that was out in less than a year after release, and constant content tweaks, till it met near perfection.

What would be the point introducing all the new loot before bringing down the AH? So the market can be flooded with good gear again and be bored a week after the expansion release? Sigh....
Edited by Boltz4Life#1165 on 9/17/2013 3:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]