Diablo® III

What i think of PVP!

Okay so heres what i have in mind of what PVP should be like in diablo 3 , First of all for the balance to exist in PVP i believe it is essential that the equipments should not be a factor to contribute in terms of determining the victory or the opposite , what i mean by that is to exclude all these things that you get from your gears like , vits, strs, agi , resist and etc. except for items that has special abilities that comes with it like the butchers scyth. but don't get me wrong players can still wear their gears in the arena , but just that they are nothing more than the bling . I reckon only via this method would the skills be proven useful in battle . Hence bringing the scale to a matter of whether you got the skills to improvise with the unique abilities of your character , rather than having a absolute bullying defeat over your foe that has inferior gears. Additionally there could be random generated drop buffs on the arena at certain locations where the players will have to battle over , that way would surely bring some intensity to the mode. All in all this is just my opinion of the balance , i just felt like to share this perspective to everybody
Reply Quote
It's a game based around collecting and building gear. If you're at a gear disadvantage and not willing to work harder to get proper pvp gear, go join a blue-gear league instead.
Reply Quote
True to the fact that this game was designed to loot around and get a better gear , but did you not see the point i made that having the gears fully functional in the arena will tip off the balance? , and hence the skills will be proven useless for your gears already brings you the advantage. we are talking about PVP , it is meant to be a platform where players battle fairly in equivalent strength , not some 20 second blast and showing off how superior your gear in comparison with others. You can show off the gears somewhere else while running a loot , not in a arena where it brings bias power to the game
Reply Quote
Play with people of your gear-level then.

There is no point in doing PVE no matter what the MP level you can play, if you cannot test your gears against real people at the end of the day. Dragging people down who worked hard for their gears for the specific purpose of excelling in PVP should not suffer on a casual players behalf. Again, play with those in your gear range.

This is a gear-grind game after all, everything revolves around gears. What you are asking is simply a standardization of the in-game effort that others have exerted to compensate for your own mediocrity.

What you want is never going to happen since the point of the game is showing off gear superiority in all possible aspects.

This is Diablo. Deal with it.
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 9/14/2013 7:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Since Diablo I the game has always been about finding items to improve your chars. Your suggestion is against one of the game's central ideas. The result would be that players would stop looking for items and probably give up after a short time playing around with skills.
Reply Quote
I actually agree with this! Yes, everyone knows that diablo is a "gear" based game, but the point is that some people dont actually work hard for the gear they get! for example someone could buy this game look on youtube for the best layout for that character, buy gold and get the best gear for that char and then go into PVP and just think he is a boss because he can beat people..yes you can just play in your own gear level, but if you take some of the stats that come with it, then it would be more about skill with your character not just some kid coming in with bought gear from the auction house that rapes everyone! NO this probably wont happen but the idea is worth thinking about!....just my two cents
Reply Quote
View profile
I agree that the AH changed a lot the way people look for gear. Instead of doing countless act boss runs like in D2, they just go to the AH and buy. But back in D2 there were a lot of sites on the internet where you could also buy gear (and many people did that). The only real difference is that now the gear selling site belongs to Blizzard!
Reply Quote
09/16/2013 10:23 AMPosted by xTxDOWORKxWx
for example someone could buy this game look on youtube for the best layout for that character, buy gold and get the best gear for that char and then go into PVP and just think he is a boss because he can beat people.

There is no one-supreme-build that will own every other class in this game in PVP. It has never worked that way, that's why many RMAHed players sold their accounts when they got hammered during the earlier days of brawling.

An items price in the auction house does not dictate its performance in the scorched chapel. That's a mishap that needs to be fixed in the eyes of new players.

Hard counters to those off the roof RMAHed gears are the worst thing that you will encounter in this game when choosing the easy path to gear progression. There will be a lot of times that those $2,000 dollar new player gear sets will get melted by a good $7 dollar veteran player.

09/16/2013 10:23 AMPosted by xTxDOWORKxWx
just some kid coming in with bought gear from the auction house that rapes everyone!

I have never seen a kid own "everyone" in a veteran brawl. lol
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 9/16/2013 9:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I agree. I met players that complained saying they spent a lot of money in the RMAH and, in spite of that, did not "own" everyone in PvP. They just spent the money on the wrong things, lol. And besides, equip is important but not all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]