Diablo® III

Whirlwind Barbarian Nerfed in RoS!

Diablofans recently datamined class skill updates, and post this image: http://imgur.com/QVxsk99

Hurricane rune on WW will no longer allow Barbarian to move as quickly, severely hurting their efficiency and damage output. The number of tornadoes generated by Sprint is dependent on movement speed, so with such a large speed reduction less tornadoes will be generated.

This is a pretty huge hit to WW Barb.

However depending on how good the "Dust Devil" rune is for WW, it may not be as bad as it seems.

EDIT: WW Barb is 100% dead with rest of the changes released.
Edited by Tyronis3#1973 on 9/13/2013 4:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ppl will stack ms?
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Shinyhammer
ppl will stack ms?

People already do. MS is capped at 24% from gear, so stacking anymore isn't possible.
Reply Quote
is the 25% cap going to include the MS bonus stats from paragon 2.0?
Reply Quote
even with max movement speed it becomes useless. I tried using other runes with WW. But its simply neither fun nor effective.

If that is what they plan for WW ... then I guess I should be thankfull. No reason to play the game anymore.
Reply Quote
Nerfed? more like completely changed.

Love that it pulls everything in and has no cooldown, that's going to be incredible with some AOE builds.

No current builds will survive the expansion. Which is a good thing.
Reply Quote
the problem is that that skill feels to slow ... or the game as whole. If we could actually stack more movement speed without this stupid 25% cap ... then it would be not a problem. I really hope they will consider to increase the cap. Playing twohand weapons with WW is already difficiult enough.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 9/13/2013 3:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 03:47 PMPosted by CrniVuk
the problem is that that skill feels to slow ... or the game as whole. If we could actually stack more movement speed without this stupid 25% cap ... then it would be not a problem. I really hope they will consider to increase the cap. Playing twohand weapons with WW is already difficiult enough.

wholeheartedly agree

24% MS cap is the STUPIDEST thing ever. if i want to make a decision to gear towards MS, i shouldn't be restricted by some lame cap.
Reply Quote
Ahh, but the change also says that Whirlwind will allow you to move at 66% of your movement speed regardless of the rune you're using. That is a huge increase from whatever slow !@# percentage it's at right now. Hurricane is basically mandatory if you're going to use Whirlwind, since that base movement speed is so slow. I'll take a 34% movement speed decrease if it means I can use a different rune on Whirlwind. Hell, with Paragon Points, you can dump some points into movement speed and get rid of any movement speed increasing gear to increase other variables. It might even allow you to go past the cap. Who knows at this point?
Reply Quote
also can i get a link to the article?

didnt see it on the diablofans home page
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 03:57 PMPosted by Begaria
Ahh, but the change also says that Whirlwind will allow you to move at 66% of your movement speed regardless of the rune you're using. That is a huge increase from whatever slow !@# percentage it's at right now. Hurricane is basically mandatory if you're going to use Whirlwind, since that base movement speed is so slow. I'll take a 34% movement speed decrease if it means I can use a different rune on Whirlwind. Hell, with Paragon Points, you can dump some points into movement speed and get rid of any movement speed increasing gear to increase other variables. It might even allow you to go past the cap. Who knows at this point?

And some new shout might have MS on it, or a different skill, or something even better than WW that gives a speed boost. Or the movespeed might just be moved to a new/different rune. Or they will just remove the movespeed penalty sometime in the next year.

We just don't know at all and thinking of any expansion changes as nerfs isn't very accurate.

The entire game is being reshuffled and changes are coming. I doubt ANY current builds will survive and in all reality they shouldn't survive.

The clipping through mobs, which is the best part of WW is even available on gear in the expansion so WW might not even be needed in any builds at all anyways. If you don't like the MS penalty, but still want the clipping through effect, just gear for the effect and free up that spot for something else.
Edited by Apathy#1830 on 9/13/2013 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 03:49 PMPosted by jimdandy
24% MS cap is the STUPIDEST thing ever. if i want to make a decision to gear towards MS, i shouldn't be restricted by some lame cap.

Rubberbanding is already out of control, the 25% cap is most likely a limitation based on that.
Just another reason to show how trying to uphold 'game integrity' with online always DRM is nothing but a nuisance and hurts the actual fun factor the game could actually have without it .
Reply Quote
WOW Blizzard finaly thought about fairplay?

I dont belive this and i will not belive it until they really fixed the barb.
Its like the most unfair advantage playing barb i have ever seen in my whole player life.

But its too late u already did the damage and i will not forgive this EVER!
Reply Quote
still need a link to article..
Reply Quote
Am i the only one here thats smiling with these changes. Cant wait to play new builds. :D IDC if they nerf the most OP build there is.
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 04:04 PMPosted by tbagala

Rubberbanding is already out of control, the 25% cap is most likely a limitation based on that.
Just another reason to show how trying to uphold 'game integrity' with online always DRM is nothing but a nuisance and hurts the actual fun factor the game could actually have without it .

Rubberbanding likely occurs when your machine sends information to the server which gets rejected as a possibility. Such occurrences are common when trying to whirlwind without enough fury. I've seen it happen with teleport (wormhole) also so I don't think it is necessarily linked to resource usage. I don't think the move speed cap is in anyway related to rubber banding because the cap has been around for longer than rubber-banding has.

-- Side note, consol has Nephlem Glory orbs which give move speed in addition to other buffs. They can up your move speed higher than the cap but meet another invisible cap (if I'm not mistaken, only judging by what I've seen so far). I was able to run at the same speed with 3 nephlem glory as a Barbarian using sprint-nado. These could possibly make their way into PC. Don't get your hopes too high though.

-- On topic. I think that this is a good thing for whirlwind. I never use any of the other whirlwind runes. Even while leveling most of them seem lacking.
Reply Quote
The engine cannot handle too much damage calculations at once, as two CM wizards stacking IAS time bubble can tell you.

Most likely they are trying to reduce the number of tornados on screen at the same time. Well if they increase the damage and proc rate of each tonado itself, it will sort of balance out.
Edited by Wtflag#1258 on 9/13/2013 4:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 04:20 PMPosted by kamVINCI
Am i the only one here thats smiling with these changes. Cant wait to play new builds. :D IDC if they nerf the most OP build there is.

You and me both!

I've also got ~55k+ elite kills on my barb and to be honest if any current builds survives the expansion I'd consider that a massive design failure.

This AoE pull sounds amazing. It literally keeps everything in melee range for you.

Imagine being able to just WW around for a few seconds dragging the entire screen onto you... I'm drooling.

Having a zero-cooldown AoE pull is absolutely going to change everything.

I can't wait!
Reply Quote
This is not a nerf....

They are simply removing one way to play barbarian. It is also among the most popular.
Reply Quote
It really makes no sense logically to remove one of the most played barb specs.... unless they really just want to hurt the players?

I quit the game when they fully nerfed increased attack speed(ias) on gear, some of my items went from 19% ias down to 8% and some had their ias removed entirely, which made my Demon Hunter 100% useless.

They are repeating the same mistake here, but honestly I think its blatant to hurt players.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]