Diablo® III

Whirlwind Barbarian Nerfed in RoS!

09/13/2013 03:44 PMPosted by Apathy
No current builds will survive the expansion. Which is a good thing.

AMEN!!

Seriously though... it also appears that LoH / LS was also nerfed pretty hard which leads me to think that monster damage was also nerfed tremendously.

It was really stupid that you could stand in whatever you wanted to and just out heal everything the game threw at you. The point was to avoid these things in the first place, not simply out gear them so you can just spin around in circles all day.

As a player who mainly plays a Barbarian, I welcome any change to diversify the class.
Reply Quote
For those that asked the thread is here

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/102959-diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-datamined-class-changes-including-even-more-crusader-abilities/
Reply Quote
Well once again the D3 team fails to see the big picture...is the current WW barb too OP...maybe, what is the solution...Give us other powerful builds/options to choose from instead of completely destroying this one???

Will anyone EVER use WW or Sprint again after this hits?
Reply Quote
Wow Josh actually had the balls to do what Jay would never...

All new waters come expansion, truly will be a new game. Sad though WW barb is fun, no reason to kill it completely it just needed some of it's efficiency and power reduced not this genocide they're doing to it.

Seriously this will KILL a build. No nerf should KILL a build, that's not diversity...
Reply Quote
I welcome change, as more skills need more power, we need more synergies, hell we need a whole lot.
Completely taking away things we will have had going on 2 years now is not ok though.
Add and Buff, you do not have to always remove and nerf.
It seems these people just do not understand the concept of Diablo... at all.
We are supposed to be That powerful come end game.
The problem is that it's too easy to obtain that kind of power, not the fact that it exists.
This is NOT WoW, nor should it resemble it in the slightest.
Get off the WoW model for D3 development.
Edited by tbagala#1621 on 9/13/2013 7:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I like playing my ww barb, its probably the only build in the whole game that has a D2 feeling to it.
I play it because its fun and not because of its power.
I would not have a problem with a nerf, but they are completely killing the build.
Killing the fun stuff in a game that is pretty lackluster in the fun department is rather stupid.

They just take again the easy way, nerfing/killing the few things that are actually fun and work instead of sitting down and thinking about how to creat/change other skills to give us more builds/synergies and diversity.
I mean just look at the already mined stuff, a lot of the skills that suck go pretty much unchanged.
Its just mind boggling that they kill the few things were people actually found a way in this PoS of a skillsystem to create builds with real synergies.
This just shows how lazy, uninspired and clueless they are.

Im not pissed of because they nerf my main i would have rerolled crusader anyway, im pissed of because of the way they handle things.
This sends a pretty clear message how they will handle stuff in the future and i dont like it.
Edited by Quasi#2298 on 9/13/2013 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
First off this is a fans site. Where are they getting the information from?

I tried the additional damage WW in the build and was working fine although it was quite slow. My gear was enough to handle slower movement through large groups. I do like the idea of pulling monsters in though.

Aside from that it looks like both HotA and WW popular builds are going to take a beating (fury gain from battle rage is possibly gone). I can see a lot of their skills are based around life steal / life on fury spent. I read lots on LS is gone on items in RoS. In our current game a lot of that would severely cripple this game but this is supposed to be for the expansion.. is it not?

I would really like to see an official from Blizzard for what is planned. Not only skills but what are they changing in the general game mechanics / AI / damage / life, etc.
Edited by Shockwave#1233 on 9/13/2013 8:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Datamining and it's all subject to change before it even hits a beta test.
Reply Quote
Efficiency aside, I kinda like the idea of using ancient spear-harpoon a group in around you and using rend-blood lust to bleed them out and jump to the next group. WW in its current state is OP but monotonous.
Reply Quote
I say bring on the nerfs real barb dont get scared.
Reply Quote
Just read through the datamine changes. I know the information are not 100% yet. But, at a glance, all I have to say is:

Dear Blizzard,

You are destroying the signature move/build of a most popular class in Diablo franchise. Diablo is not a diablo without barbarian. A barbarian is not a barbarian without ww specs. WW barbs practically exist from the start of diablo franchise.

To nerf / remove this build entirely from a barb, you might as well change the title of the game!
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 03:30 PMPosted by Tyronis3
EDIT: WW Barb is 100% dead with rest of the changes released.

relax Francis...
Reply Quote
I don't agree that that it is good that current builds wont make it to lv70, and that new builds will be the go.
It has taken a lot of effort for players to get to where they are, and why make them change build totally, or worse still try to get them to choose another character.

This is another example of Blizzard ignoring lesser players and favoring credit card warriors and those who can spend the time to farm excessively.

Ive always played a Barb from D1 and D2, and do not want to change my preferred character. It will take good gear drops and useful stats and skill to make this a worthwhile expansion.
Reply Quote
So ppl are ignoring that weapon throw seems to be shaping up better then ever?
Or that we might finally see a return of the Shield Barb? the only fun iteration of barb for me, when you had to watch every step in old inferno and WotB was only a "kill elite cooldown"?
I had some fun with WW but man all that spinning puts me to sleee...p...zzzzz
Reply Quote
The engine cannot handle too much damage calculations at once, as two CM wizards stacking IAS time bubble can tell you.

Most likely they are trying to reduce the number of tornados on screen at the same time. Well if they increase the damage and proc rate of each tonado itself, it will sort of balance out.

I say this again, the issue is if you play with twohand weapons that struggle A LOT in gaining resources if you dont stack attack speed like crazy. Maybe they will do other positivie changes. But all that I can see for now means that if youre playing twohand weapons ... you are getting the short end of the stick again. Its already hard enough to gain enough resources to keep WW going.

09/13/2013 07:30 PMPosted by Drothvader
No current builds will survive the expansion. Which is a good thing.

AMEN!!

Seriously though... it also appears that LoH / LS was also nerfed pretty hard which leads me to think that monster damage was also nerfed tremendously.

It was really stupid that you could stand in whatever you wanted to and just out heal everything the game threw at you. The point was to avoid these things in the first place, not simply out gear them so you can just spin around in circles all day.

As a player who mainly plays a Barbarian, I welcome any change to diversify the class.

by hiting the content a few times, kiting around to wait for your cool down times and do the same again ... i I would want to play a chicken run each time I see elite groups ... then I would play with white items only. Its a gear based game.

I still have nightmares from the release where you had to kite, hit, use ignore pain, kite, kite, use ignore pain, hit, kite .... so stupid as meele character.

09/13/2013 06:31 PMPosted by tigersfan420
barbs were the worst class day 1, the worst nerf is the battle rage i mean how the hell are you to get any fury now hit the monster 5 times then do a attack and repeat sounds fun

exactly. Its a really stupid concept and kills any dynamic in my eyes. I wish they would get away from this "main attack" and "cool down" crap.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 9/14/2013 2:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
We have some skill changes only, no-one knows how PARAGON 2.0 will work with these.

Perma Wrath looks like it will be gone but WW will still be possible.

The data mined information is hard to interpret at the moment because we dont have any info on Paragon 2.0, it looks like points to movement speed and crit chance have been added so maybe fury generation will be there to.

WW will still be possible but you could be replacing your stat stick with a stat shield

Blocking an attack generates 20 Fury

Barb may at last have build options other than WW.
Reply Quote
WTF with all these whinings?! It's !@#$ing new xpac. It's not like there will be new items and new ways to play around WW or anything right? Yes, perma WotB will be gone but that combo is BS in the first place. It singlehandly makes all other build that is not centered aound it useless. It's broken design wise.

You can't promote build diversity as long as perma WotB exists. Get over it. You could always get new fury regen from RoS's new items or even mighty weapons.

People here are stupidly short-sighted and remind me of a lot of WoW players.
Edited by Immhey#6192 on 9/14/2013 4:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
WOW Blizzard finaly thought about fairplay?

I dont belive this and i will not belive it until they really fixed the barb.
Its like the most unfair advantage playing barb i have ever seen in my whole player life.

But its too late u already did the damage and i will not forgive this EVER!

^The source of the problem - children.
Reply Quote
Great to see all the supporting reactions to this situation coming from people who don´t play Barbs at all or hardly ever.

You didn´t feel like playing the Barb so far and I´m sure you won´t be playing it in the future when it´s the worst class. So please be so kind and leave this class forums and stick to celebrating in the general discussion. Thanks in advance.

CrniVuk knows what he´s talking about. It´s clear he´s been here from day one. Waiting for Revenge procs with sub 10K dps was a really fun playstyle, you know (sarcasm)...
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 9/15/2013 3:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 04:20 PMPosted by kamVINCI
Am i the only one here thats smiling with these changes. Cant wait to play new builds.

+1

09/13/2013 04:47 PMPosted by Logicstomp
It really makes no sense logically to remove one of the most played barb specs....

sure it does; you want only WW forever? Open mind please...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]