Diablo® III

Whirlwind Barbarian Nerfed in RoS!

So ppl are ignoring that weapon throw seems to be shaping up better then ever?
Or that we might finally see a return of the Shield Barb? the only fun iteration of barb for me, when you had to watch every step in old inferno and WotB was only a "kill elite cooldown"?
I had some fun with WW but man all that spinning puts me to sleee...p...zzzzz

I am a shield barb.. and I am quitting... Not going to be interested in opening up my character profile and to realized my base DPS have been nerf down to as much as 50%... I haven even touched the useless skills and I am turned off, significantly!

The fun factor of this game is solely dependable on DPS, and the way I see the new changes it is still DEPENDABLE on DPS, they did nothing to the original mechanic of the game so u still have to high DPS to be strong. So now they killed our barb DPS, and also NERF the damn skills which also depend on DPS to be efficient.

DOUBLE SMASH! End of barb...
Reply Quote
WOW Blizzard finaly thought about fairplay?

I dont belive this and i will not belive it until they really fixed the barb.
Its like the most unfair advantage playing barb i have ever seen in my whole player life.

But its too late u already did the damage and i will not forgive this EVER!

How about people asking for their class to get some buffs instead of nerfing other people's fun?
Reply Quote
Great to see all the supporting reactions to this butchering coming from people who don´t play Barbs at all or hardly ever.

You didn´t feel like playing the Barb so far and I´m sure you won´t be playing it in the future when it´s the worst class. So please be so kind and leave this class forums and stick to celebrating in the general discussion. Thanks in advance.

CrniVuk knows what he´s talking about. It´s clear he´s been here from day one. Waiting for Revenge procs with sub 10K dps was a really fun playstyle, you know (sarcasm)...

THIS!

Tired of reading posts from people who DO NOT play Barb, or haven't played Barb during launch and remember the "good ole days".
Reply Quote
THIS!

Tired of reading posts from people who DO NOT play Barb, or haven't played Barb during launch and remember the "good ole days".

Have you ever considered that monster damage and loh/ls are being heavily nerfed as well?
Reply Quote
09/14/2013 02:29 PMPosted by Drothvader
Have you ever considered that monster damage and loh/ls are being heavily nerfed as well?

Yes, but it is destroying the basics that make a Barb a Barb, call it a Barby now.
The weapons were supposed to be stronger from prior snippets, how does that fit with decreased monster stats.
You build what you aim for, and if a tank character is your thing then it should be possible to do. A barb that needs to run like a wimp and employ guerrilla tactics is not the essence of what it is all about. If I wanted to do that I would have used another character.

I feel this change has nothing to do about improving the game, just bloody minded nerfing on what was a workable character.

All we really needed was new game content and improved drops and let the builds develop from there.
Reply Quote
that ghetto combination was broken since inception and I'm glad it's gone...

into the fray + hurricane rune combination is still obscenely powerful damage boost, the way it's printed there you could have very regularly 25% crit chance increase and in very heavy areas, 50% crit chance increase...

for 2 handed ww, heavy crit damage builds, that's an obscene jump in damage

Not only that, but hurricane rune is also very powerful with brawler passive...

I also think new ruthless, given the change in other skill mechanics, is still going to be very powerful...

vs big elites 40% damage boost the last 1/3 of their life is a lot of damage...

I think a lot of these skills are going to be fun.

I also want the ring that causes explosions when you pick up health globes
Edited by Fourty2DNAD3#1130 on 9/14/2013 8:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote

vs big elites 40% damage boost the last 1/3 of their life is a lot of damage...

I think a lot of these skills are going to be fun.

I also want the ring that causes explosions when you pick up health globes

You think Blizz is going to give u a huge boost for free? The new ruthless is NOT as good as you think...

First the increased in % boost in additive not multiplicative... When u use brawler with marurader rage it basically stage additively... So u get at most 30%+30%+40% = 110%

Now u compared 110% to the already available 70% boost... your return gain is only 24% INCREASED in damage when elite is down with 30% Health!!!

Now I do the proper Maths with you to see how useless this skill is...

Imagine u take 100 secs to down a elite pack... If you have this new ruthless as passive, after 70 secs of attacking u start to see a 24%-31% increased in damage (depend if brawler is activated)

If brawler is actived, your killing speed up by 24%.. meaning to say instead for 30 secs for the last 30% hp for elite, you take 24.2 secs to down them... shaving you off 5.8 secs.

So in total u take ONLY 94.2 secs to down the elite pack rather than only 100 secs... In other word u effective DOT (Damage over time) only increase by 5.8%...

Now without brawler it will shave u 7.1 secs... So ur effective increased in average DPS for 100 sec is only increased by 7.1%...

Now upload your barb to D3up or D3raw and see how much ur DPS drop when u remove current Ruthless... you can drop up to 15% or more in DPS...

15%>7.1%

In other word... NERF!

Blizz like to cheat lazy player who can't be bother to do the Maths... unfortunately not all player are dumb. This new ruthless is good for mid-game, but useless at end game!

Blizz logic... Skills only useful them in early-mid game is consider fun... Skills useful in end game content IS NOT FUN! and they strike it with NERFHAMMER
Reply Quote
All this talk makes me sad, just now that I spent a gazilion on building up my WW Barb :-(

(edited to remove a typo)
Edited by MadMax#2624 on 9/15/2013 3:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Yes, but it is destroying the basics that make a Barb a Barb, call it a Barby now.
The weapons were supposed to be stronger from prior snippets, how does that fit with decreased monster stats.
You build what you aim for, and if a tank character is your thing then it should be possible to do. A barb that needs to run like a wimp and employ guerrilla tactics is not the essence of what it is all about. If I wanted to do that I would have used another character.

I agree....
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 9/15/2013 5:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think its funny how they bring back the Barbarian from d2, a beloved class and make that good ol classic whirlwind spec and now they are nerfing it into the ground. To me that makes no sense whatsoever. Blizzard would be stupid to nerf 1 of the most played and fun specs for the barbarian. Not only will many people be pissed but im sure a large portion of the community who main barbs will quit. Constant nerfs like this is just going to cause even more harm to the game, like enough people haven't already quit due to dumbass decisions made my blizzard. Instead of nerfing specs people like how about buffing others? this is diablo 3, your supposed to be OP.

Enough said
Reply Quote
Some of you don't comprehend all the changes when you say it is not a nerf. Many of these changes hit the very core of the barbarian as a dps class. This is not just a nerf to ww builds but all existing dps build for trash and ubers. They didn't just nerf 1-2 of our abilities, Blizzard nerfed all abilities that are at the core of our most viable builds.

I am not worried about ww getting hit as much as I am worried about all of our build now being mediocre at best.

Still some time before the expansion for changes however in my experience over the last 15 years with Blizzard they tend to over nerf or over buff things tremendously. Anyone who played Barb at launch and has stuck with the class can attest to the poor state of Barb dps was.

It may not be all doom and gloom and I am very curious to see what new builds will evolve. Guess we will have to wait and see.
Reply Quote
It really makes no sense logically to remove one of the most played barb specs.... unless they really just want to hurt the players?

It mnakes perfect sense. No one would try Xpac new class if Barb was still the best
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 06:04 PMPosted by Astaemos
it's not a nerf... it's rubberbanding fix LoL

^ This. Barb have been the #1 farmer since day 1, it's just about time they get to other class farming lvl. Anyway, none of those changes are even confirmed and "still in working progress", so this thread really is just about whiny barb who don't want their cookie taken.

Go play your Monk and DH Asstemos and get the heck out of Barb threads

really
Reply Quote
Call me a noob, but why would anyone want the same builds and gear set-ups to be just as effective in the new expansion? I thought the whole point of an expansion was to change things up a bit, explore new skills and gear sets, then master the new expansion. If everything stayed almost similar, then the game would feel a bit repetitive , don't you think? Call me stupid, but just my .02 cents, it makes it a bit exciting being able to jump into something "new" and figuring out whats the next new build to aim for.

**EDIT** I guess the comment I was looking for in regards to the expansion was a "fresh change of scenery".
Edited by Destrukt#1395 on 9/26/2013 4:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Call me a noob, but why would anyone want the same builds and gear set-ups to be just as effective in the new expansion? I thought the whole point of an expansion was to change things up a bit, explore new skills and gear sets, then master the new expansion. If everything stayed almost similar, then the game would feel a bit repetitive , don't you think? Call me stupid, but just my .02 cents, it makes it a bit exciting being able to jump into something "new" and figuring out whats the next new build to aim for.

**EDIT** I guess the comment I was looking for in regards to the expansion was a "fresh change of scenery".

Here is the thing. Not everyone is going to buy the xpac.
Are they players that do not buy xpac going to be forced through patch to lose WW?

I personaly just want to play my P100 WW barb with the new loot system, so for the first damn time since June of 2012 I can find good loot.

Thats it.
Reply Quote

agreed. but you don't need to nerf the !@#$ out of 1 of the most used barbarian specs not to mention 1 of the most effective and fun to play to "change things up or explore new builds" just my .02 cents.
don't fix something that isn't broken. period
Reply Quote
09/14/2013 07:08 AMPosted by Adrenaline
Its like the most unfair advantage playing barb i have ever seen in my whole player life.

you didn't play a nirvana monk did you? it still makes my barb look 'weak', IMHO...
at least 12-14 million DPS.... for 5 full seconds. 6 sec cooldown, do it again :p
Reply Quote
Nerfed? more like completely changed.

Love that it pulls everything in and has no cooldown, that's going to be incredible with some AOE builds.

No current builds will survive the expansion. Which is a good thing.

No current D2 builds ever made it to D3 other than a version of the WW Barb. So that must also be a "good thing". People may as well just say they hate D2 gameplay that is why they like D3WoW gameplay where you need a tank and look forward to the day the WW barb gets dropped.

Hopefully they won't change a CM/WW wizards, but who knows after this Barb problem dies down, it will be next on the list.

One thing that stops CM/WW wizards to approach WW barbs is the lack of an instant tele. How about putting that back into D3... tele-tele-tele and CM/WW to your hearts content!

These are two ways where the Diablo series have given way to a WoW mindset... WE NEED A TANK!
Reply Quote
Hopefully they won't change a CM/WW wizards, but who knows after this Barb problem dies down, it will be next on the list.

Well all the other classes (mostly DH users) cry about these 2 builds the most, so I fully expect it to happen (CM nerf).

There are SOOO MANY lame skills and passives in every single class right now. To start with one of the 2 or 3 really well done builds and tear all the skills it uses down to the ground is just plain stupid. They could have spent months fixing other class builds, addressing SKILLS and PASSIVES that are NEVER used currently. Instead they take the most used, most popular and destroy it.

They are trying to drive sales to the new classes in xpac. It's the only way it makes sense.

Those DH and Monks who cry like 2 year olds about the WW build, it's really sad. You could have used it as a model to ask blizzrd for similar builds in your class (or just use the Barb duh)
The WW is what a build looks like with perfect synergy where every piece works with the others. It really is one of the FEW examples of what blizz got correct in D3. If every class had a build (or multiple builds) with that type of thought and synergy this game would have approached what everyone expected from D3. Instead most skills lack imagination and some are down right horrible. It's a shame really, and the thing that lets blizzard get away with it is a divided community.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]