There are SOOO MANY lame skills and passives in every single class right now. To start with one of the 2 or 3 really well done builds and tear all the skills it uses down to the ground is just plain stupid. They could have spent months fixing other class builds, addressing SKILLS and PASSIVES that are NEVER used currently. Instead they take the most used, most popular and destroy it.
The WW is what a build looks like with perfect synergy where every piece works with the others. It really is one of the FEW examples of what blizz got correct in D3. If every class had a build (or multiple builds) with that type of thought and synergy this game would have approached what everyone expected from D3. Instead most skills lack imagination and some are down right horrible. It's a shame really, and the thing that lets blizzard get away with it is a divided community.
Thanks for this post mate, I really, really appreciate that. I´ve been posting that same thing for way too long now. Sometimes I feel like I´m the only person left who can see the forest for the trees...
Not sure how to evaluate my 30 page long font size 8 expansion improvements document that keeps getting bigger each week and how long I´ll be able to keep up posting improvement ideas, we´ll see.Anyway, I´ve accepted their decision.
I´m sure we´ll find a few workable builds in the expansion and if not, there´s our strength bro Crusader, who is like a clone
1. Punish +5W pseudo bash with temporary block bonus
2. Scourge +5W pseudo entangling shot
3. Slash +5W pseudo frenzy
4. Justice +5W pseudo throwing hammer
5. Sweep Attack -25W pseudo cleave / lashing tail kick
6. Fist of the Heavens -25W lightning bolt from the sky – targetable storm armor
7. Blessed Hammer -10W spinning hammer – pseudo cob
8. Blessed Shield -25W pseudo ricochet with a shield
9. Shield Bash -25W pseudo hota with a shield
10. Phalanx -35W avatars rush to the targeted location, deal damage and knockback – pseudo zombie bears
11. Bird of Prey -25W damage dealing summon
DAMAGE/UTILITY WITH CD
12. Falling Sword -25W / 25 sec pseudo leap
13. Steed Charge 15 sec pass through enemies – pseudo spirit walk
14. Retaliation 15 sec pseudo explosive blast / revenge
15. Judgment 20 sec field immobilize – pseudo stomp / frost nova
16. Shield Glare 12 sec pseudo blinding flash
17. Consecration 30 sec healing/utility field effect
18. Provoke +50W / 20 sec taunt - should have been a barb skill we only have TS Demoralize :(
19. Iron Skin 30 sec pseudo ignore pain
20. Laws of Justice 30 sec party allres
21. Laws of Hope 30 sec party healing and regen
22. Laws of Valor 30 sec party IAS
23. Laws of Fate 30 sec party dodge
HARD HITTING LONG CD
24. Heaven´s Fury 40 sec Holy damage ray???
25. Bombardment 60 sec rain of pitch and stone – pseudo rain of vengeance
26. Akarat´s Champion -50W / 120 sec buff like wotb
I´m not criticizing because there is only so many different skills you can create. The good thing is that we should have no problems learning how to play this class :)
That being said, hopefully they consider giving the Crusader some cooldown reduction mechanics like CM/GI beside flat reduction as 15/26 skills have it, rivaling our dear Barbs with 11/22 cooldowns. Let´s see what new active skills we´ll get.