Diablo® III

It's over Demon Hunters - Shadow Power nerf

http://www.diablofans.com/news/2021-diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-datamined-class-changes-including-even-more-crusader-abilities/

"Shadow Power Cost: 14 Discipline / Draw in the power of the shadows, gaining 826 Life per Hit for 5 seconds."

It is now a useless skill. Get ready to die countless times like before.
Edited by Shasow#1597 on 9/13/2013 5:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
We don't need it....
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Rav1n
We don't need it....

We need it... You don't want to continuously kite, do you? We're already weaker than every other class.
Edited by Shasow#1597 on 9/13/2013 5:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hopefully Holy Damage will compensate...
Reply Quote
Shadow Wall
desc : Cooldown: 10 seconds / Summon a wall impassable by enemies between two pillars for 6 seconds. Enemies near the pillars are Slowed by 60%.

Lets barricade ourselves in and build a houseeeee !! :D
Reply Quote
Shadow Wall
desc : Cooldown: 10 seconds / Summon a wall impassable by enemies between two pillars for 6 seconds. Enemies near the pillars are Slowed by 60%.

Lets barricade ourselves in and build a houseeeee !! :D

I don't think we'll be able to have more than one wall. And even then, 10 second cooldown, it lasts for 6 seconds.
Reply Quote
On console I picked up a bow with 2.8% Lifesteal and about 1450 dps + it summoned a raven to fight for me. I'm sure we will find wep's with LS in RoS so although Gloom and the LS of SP is bad now the other runes should still be useful (plus this opens a skill slot for some of the new spells as well)

Also note this is an early data mine, data here is not final.
Reply Quote
Sex
Reply Quote
I am disappointed. Smoke screen still last for a !@#$ty 1.0 sec. The only way this skill is even barely usable is if you take the lingering smoke rune that lasts for 1.5 secs, or you are some weird LoH tank DH(wich does not even work) with Choking Gas.

The developers are so detached from the whole DH experience that one can not but wonder does anyone at Blizzard even actually play this class as their main. The new wall ability and the dodge ability(LOL) especially highlights this fact. Useless skills are useless.
Edited by Suomi#2363 on 9/13/2013 6:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 05:19 PMPosted by Shasow
We don't need it....

We need it... You don't want to continuously kite, do you? We're already weaker than every other class.

09/13/2013 05:43 PMPosted by Wesker
Plus more regen...

Brooding 1.5% Life regeneration per second. for every second you remain stationary, stacking up to 3 times. This bonus is reset 5 seconds after you move.

Healing Vapors : Regenerate 10% Life while invisible.

Boar Companion : Summon a boar companion that attacks for 60% of your weapon damage as Physical. / The boar increases your Life regeneration by 826 per second. In addition the boar and increases your resistance to all damage types by 15%.

Oh... and NT buff....

Nether Tentacles : Shoot a shadow tentacle that deals 155% weapon damage to enemies along its path and returns 0.2% of your maximum Life for each enemy hit.
Reply Quote
I never liked that BS 15% life steal gameplay crap anyways.. good riddens.

Strong players will lead the way to better gameplay. Don't worry little QQers, you're in good hands.
Reply Quote
I remember when everyone thought Rapid Fire was a joke until everyone tried it....Blizz with every buff they gave us made us be a little bit better...I dont understand the QQ.

When ROS comes out it will be a very DIFFERENT game. When you read the changes we are getting dont think of the current play style that DH's are doing.

We still havent seen the armor and the bows which can proc certain skills. Dont be quick to judge....yet at least.
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 06:29 PMPosted by Rav1n

09/13/2013 05:43 PMPosted by Wesker
Plus more regen...

Brooding 1.5% Life regeneration per second. for every second you remain stationary, stacking up to 3 times. This bonus is reset 5 seconds after you move.

Boar Companion : Summon a boar companion that attacks for 60% of your weapon damage as Physical. / The boar increases your Life regeneration by 826 per second. In addition the boar and increases your resistance to all damage types by 15%.

Oh... and NT buff....

Nether Tentacles : Shoot a shadow tentacle that deals 155% weapon damage to enemies along its path and returns 0.2% of your maximum Life for each enemy hit.

Health regen isn't nearly as viable. And nether tentacles isn't really getting buffed. It's 0.2% of maximum life now instead of 3% of damage dealt. I think I prefer 3% of damage dealt.

Strong players will lead the way to better gameplay. Don't worry little QQers, you're in good hands.

If you aren't using Shadow Power right now, I'm pretty sure you're doing Demon Hunter wrong.
Reply Quote
while i am not concern about the shadow power nerf. Trust me, there is nothing to be worried about, we know the life steal nerf is coming, we will live.

However, I am disappointed that two of my favourite skills didn't get any love...

@155% weapon dmg, elemental arrow will remain quite...well there is not other ways to put it...useless on MP 10. Not sure if wasting a gear slot to make it a hatred generator would be a good idea, but we will have to wait and see.

Trail of cinder remains as it is - disappointing
Reply Quote

Plus more regen...

Oh... and NT buff....

Health regen isn't nearly as viable. And nether tentacles isn't really getting buffed. It's 0.2% of maximum life now instead of 3% of damage dealt. I think I prefer 3% of damage dealt.

If you aren't using Shadow Power right now, I'm pretty sure you're doing Demon Hunter wrong.
LS does jack squat when you're walled in on a bunch of DoT and can't deal damage. Also can't do squat when you DC. Regen is so much better than people give it credit for. Granted NT won't do squat when you can't hit, but imagine players that don't have DPS...they benefit greatly if they stack vitality.

Also it does not matter what BlackVenom does, it's always wrong.
Reply Quote
Hardcore DHers aren't worried. Most don't use Shadow Power to start with. Loot 2.0 is promising. Power is going to come from mostly gear so skills mean less. Therefore all the classes will be fairly balance more or less. Dependent on gear and perhaps Gear to Build combos.

To all weak QQers and Softies ( you know who you are) - Get this message once and for all " Demon Hunter Class is only as strong as the PLAYER ! " Period.

After watching Attack on Titans, Who wants to take down Colossus ?? Lets leave all the " tiny titans" for the whiners..

Sorry fellas.. had enough of the QQ cry babies..
Reply Quote
What is this? Another guy that can't comprehend the ENTIRE spectrum of changes to ALL classes with NEW loot that hasn't even been released yet along with possible mob affix changes.

Meh, why do i bother. Cry more OP, and don't be afraid to push yourself into a panic attack while you're at it.

"It's over for Demon Hunters" Aaaahahahahahahaaaaa.
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 9/13/2013 8:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Tell that to my p(100), no Shadow Power and rocking MP5 without a sweat. Just hit a new breakpoint today with finding that killer Nat's Reflection, so the build needs to be toyed with and optimized (read try Bola ID and HA/SoT)
Reply Quote
We gettin a dmg buff? I hope
Edited by FitnessBlue#1264 on 9/13/2013 9:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
well, if you think demon hunters are done, take a look at the barb changes.

As for damage buffs, yea, we got HUGE damage buffs mainly for Cluster Arrows, Bombardment (changed from 414% to 745%...... I have a bad feeling about this tho.), Multishot and Strafe.

Also <3 the new ballistics passive.
Edited by ELYOS#6418 on 9/13/2013 10:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]