Diablo® III

It's over Demon Hunters - Shadow Power nerf

Bunch of idiots acting like a skill got nerfed and that's the only change DH's will see.

You're almost worse than the barb forums.
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 08:24 PMPosted by BlackVenom
Hardcore DHers aren't worried. Most don't use Shadow Power to start with.

i do worry. Both of ur HC DH are using shadow powers at the moment.
Reply Quote
When ROS comes out it will be a very DIFFERENT game. When you read the changes we are getting dont think of the current play style that DH's are doing.

Agreed - think more like the play style of a current < lvl 50 DH back when the game was launched - same for all classes I suspect.

No useful mechanics, slow, and no useful healing.

Is this how WoW plays? (never played it).
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 09:42 PMPosted by Rav1n
If you aren't using Shadow Power right now, I'm pretty sure you're doing Demon Hunter wrong.
Tell that to my p(100), no Shadow Power and rocking MP5 without a sweat. Just hit a new breakpoint today with finding that killer Nat's Reflection, so the build needs to be toyed with and optimized (read try Bola ID and HA/SoT)

You're paragon 100 and still on MP5? I'm only Paragon 28 with pretty bad gear and I'm able to roll through MP7 with Shadow Power.
Reply Quote
Bunch of idiots acting like a skill got nerfed and that's the only change DH's will see.

You're almost worse than the barb forums.

If you read the changes, you would have seen there aren't any other very significant changes to make up for Shadow Power.

Hardcore DHers aren't worried. Most don't use Shadow Power to start with. Loot 2.0 is promising. Power is going to come from mostly gear so skills mean less. Therefore all the classes will be fairly balance more or less. Dependent on gear and perhaps Gear to Build combos.

To all weak QQers and Softies ( you know who you are) - Get this message once and for all " Demon Hunter Class is only as strong as the PLAYER ! " Period.

After watching Attack on Titans, Who wants to take down Colossus ?? Lets leave all the " tiny titans" for the whiners..

Sorry fellas.. had enough of the QQ cry babies..

The QQ in this post is painful. If you haven't realized it yet, you're using Shadow Power. Stop QQing about people using a skill that you use and calling them QQers.
Reply Quote
It's NOT like we are not used to these things.

We will adjust and move forward.... would love to consider cluster arrows again!!~
Reply Quote
The only thing I NEED Shadow Power for is Reflect Damage. Siegebreaker will be next to impossible with any reasonable amount of DPS now. For everything else, I am ok with just health globe healing lol.
Reply Quote
We can go glass cannon again, mad skills bro smoke screen :D the old days are back
Reply Quote
The vets have a point; wait for everything to fall into place. Loot patch, Skills patch, new items patch etc. There should be an upside and a reason why most of our skills were "downgraded" to an extent.

For me, since the release date for RoS and the new stuff is around 2014, I hope Blizzard change their mind and allow a 4th passive skill slot since there's still time. For us DHs, brand new skills and runes would be nice. 1 or 2 new skills with new runes that are all useful in Inferno MP10 or Hardcore would be fine. I know this is unlikely but a rune that gives a passive buff to us which reduces the crit damage and crit chance of enemies around us while increasing our own would be very much welcome.

From what I've seen, archer / ranger type classes in most on-line games tend to rely heavily on equipment to actually become as powerful as melee or magic classes. It would be a nice change of pace if Blizzard's D3 doesn't go down the exact same old road. That was the case with Accretian Rangers of RF Online, Archers of Ragnarok Online, Terra Online and Cabal Online.

The developer I worked with from an asian game I supported said something about that game's rangers to me; "They're already ranged and they already have dex as their main stat which not only increases their damage but also their chance to dodge so we need to intentionally weaken their skills a bit and have the players rely on getting hard-to-get equips to balance it out."

I hope Blizzard doesn't think that way, even though it already looks like they do. Still, wishful thinking :)
Edited by SaintTraft#1878 on 9/14/2013 2:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i do worry. Both of ur HC DH are using shadow powers at the moment.

I did a video on MP5 without shadow power.. also notice that that it's glide. I use it for the extra move speed .. I can care less about the LS .. I gear so that with Brooding and LoH can regen my health without shadow power in seconds..
Reply Quote
OP, there's a difference between using Shadow Power and completely relying on it.

That is, if you rely on it, this change hurts.

If you actually know how to just play the game, then you can roll with the good and the bad, adjusting and adapting accordingly when it comes to gameplay.
Reply Quote
09/14/2013 12:47 AMPosted by Shasow
You're paragon 100 and still on MP5? I'm only Paragon 28 with pretty bad gear and I'm able to roll through MP7 with Shadow Power.

@Rav1n - Let him keep talking man.. Total noob doesn't even know how little he knows. I am LMAO right now.. Paragon 28 rolling through MP7 .. man.. just steam rolling.. HAHA..

09/14/2013 02:16 AMPosted by ActionKungfu
OP, there's a difference between using Shadow Power and completely relying on it.

Talking to a softy man . total softy ..

@OP - To understand the difference check my softcore charactor RevenouS - That's relying on Shadow power. No shadow power equals insta-death. Now look at both my HC charactors - Glide to move around quickly / avoid damage and reposition quickly - that's using Glide as a utility. I can easily slot in smoke screen displacement instead.

Glide allows me to stutter step and gain more grounds to avoid damage easier. I can do without it but I would just shoot less often..
Edited by BlackVenom#1754 on 9/14/2013 2:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i really really like the changes and the LL and shadow power nerf and some cool buffs.
We can have a more entertaining gameplay using discipline as a resource with clever timing instead of spamming shadow power 24/7 staying in the danger with ease
Reply Quote

Tell that to my p(100), no Shadow Power and rocking MP5 without a sweat. Just hit a new breakpoint today with finding that killer Nat's Reflection, so the build needs to be toyed with and optimized (read try Bola ID and HA/SoT)

That's MP5 solo, no follower. I can roll MP7. Or 10. Things just don't die fast enough to be efficient. Dude I play HARDCORE. Go on with your SC.....

@Rav1n - Let him keep talking man.. Total noob doesn't even know how little he knows. I am LMAO right now.. Paragon 28 rolling through MP7 .. man.. just steam rolling.. HAHA..

Talking to a softy man . total softy ..

@OP - To understand the difference check my softcore charactor RevenouS - That's relying on Shadow power. No shadow power equals insta-death. Now look at both my HC charactors - Glide to move around quickly / avoid damage and reposition quickly - that's using Glide as a utility. I can easily slot in smoke screen displacement instead.

Glide allows me to stutter step and gain more grounds to avoid damage easier. I can do without it but I would just shoot less often..
Lol, no. And I agree there is a HUGE difference between using SP and relying on it. My alt uses Gloom in A2 only, for everything else there's Night Bane.
Edited by Rav1n#1381 on 9/14/2013 5:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So let's get this..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shasow-1597/
with Elite Kills of 6343...

Thinks that DHs is once again, screwed because we lost 15% LS :)

Anyways, sure, it will make our life a bit harder but.. we've been really relying(well not me actually since I can compensate), on it too much.

Look at the NT Buff, add in the +3 Hatred Ring per EA use.

Anyways.. we'll see how we'll fare when it comes out.

If you don't like what we're getting then it might be best to just go and make another class to plevel.

DHs has been at the top and bottom of the class. But we always stand out in terms of fun and challenge.

People should really stop making this game a chore and PLAY IT.

Release the FUN CARD!!

EDIT: People can't seem to see the whole THING as a WHOLE and just nitpick stuff out like this.

And guys, fellow DHs, even noobs and newbs.. NEVER compare our class to others.. you'll just be disappointed :)
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 9/14/2013 5:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hardcore DHers aren't worried. Most don't use Shadow Power to start with. Loot 2.0 is promising. Power is going to come from mostly gear so skills mean less. Therefore all the classes will be fairly balance more or less. Dependent on gear and perhaps Gear to Build combos.

To all weak QQers and Softies ( you know who you are) - Get this message once and for all " Demon Hunter Class is only as strong as the PLAYER ! " Period.

After watching Attack on Titans, Who wants to take down Colossus ?? Lets leave all the " tiny titans" for the whiners..

Sorry fellas.. had enough of the QQ cry babies..

One worried HC Dher here... now Im gonna have to use smokescreen again.. Blizz just cant stop crappin on DH's....
Reply Quote
09/14/2013 10:13 AMPosted by Smithey77
One worried HC Dher here... now Im gonna have to use smokescreen again.. Blizz just cant stop crappin on DH's....

Serious DH you have there.. WOW...

p100 and with those kinds of stats too?? Dam. Very cool. Gratz. I am sure you will survive no matter what. You have so far.
Reply Quote
100k dps and 15% leech I understood, but even than it dwarfed every item + skill % combined

now with 300k+ when you have the same 40-50k life, that scaling is retarded! beyond overkill and needed to be removed.

pure LoH I disagree with even though it lends more value to APS but imo a hybrid 1% + 400 LoH would have been better since it offers scaling with a floor

Gloom is still a crutch at 25%, 15% and no more
Reply Quote
all this speculation leads to nothing.

we only know that the LS of Shadow Power probably will be removed. But LS could roll on other slots than the weapon, new healing sources could be introduced, old healing sources like the prominent health globe bonus in the leaked skill changes could become more powerful.

far too soon to worry about the DH.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]