Diablo® III

It's over Demon Hunters - Shadow Power nerf

All class will nerf all habilites with life steal, is not only DH, maybei think we can take life steal with paragon points
Reply Quote
Another HC DH not worried about an SP nerf......obviously doing it wrong....

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Slayerepoch-1713/hero/30764288
Reply Quote
Heal amount is increased by X% of your Health Globe Healing Bonus.

Did anyone not notice this line at all on many of the skills? This is our new source of LS.

LoH is being buffed back too.

Look at the new Mantra of Healing for the monk.

Mantra of Healing Cost: 50 Spirit / Recite a Mantra that causes you and your allies within 60 yards to gain increased Life regeneration by 1651 Life per Second. The Mantra heal amount is increased by 100% of your Life per Hit.

They want other sources of life steal possible, not just LS, it is better that way because currently most builds don't look at anything else besides LS.
Reply Quote
I must be doing it wrong..

http://youtu.be/04PZyDLLH3M
Edited by BlackVenom#1754 on 9/14/2013 9:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 10:50 PMPosted by Luffy
Hardcore DHers aren't worried. Most don't use Shadow Power to start with.

i do worry. Both of ur HC DH are using shadow powers at the moment.

HC DH have no reason to worry, even if I use shadow power. Cos look at this:

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_531_x1 - Automatically cast Smoke Screen when you fall below 30% Life. This effect may occur once every 30 seconds.

Spirit vessel, eat ur heart out! :p
Reply Quote
So how are we going to use this when the most powerful skills have terrible proc rates....?

Also, I have 1000 life on hit right now.... It's not helping....
Reply Quote

Congratulations, you know how to use the RMAH.
Reply Quote
We have no idea of what the expansion will hold other than the shred of information and a bunch of speculation. We don't know new mechanics, proc changes, gear changes... we know a list of skill changes that are being tested and are in no way concrete. So what do we really know at this point? Almost nothing.

Why is an SP change such a bad thing? Oh, you mean they are gonna buff other healing areas so that we are not reliant on SP for healing... bummer, I really liked wasting 2 skill slots to heal =\... now I'll have to use those slots to buff damage or something stupid like that.
Reply Quote
The DH takes 30% more damage than a Barb or a Monk, The DH joins the WD, and Wizzard with this handicap. Barbs and Monks have the innate 30% DR built in.

This extra 30% damage we take creates large damage spikes that are unmanageable at times, this is why Shadow power Gloom becomes almost mandatory.

Take this stupid 30% damage penalty off the 3 classes that have it, get the classes on equal footing THEN nerf stuff and do the balancing. Increase damage by monsters, make them harder, anything is better than what we have right now.

Right now when you create a DH, you have a permanent Marked for Death curse applied to you for 30% extra damage. You have to over-gear yourself by 30% even when you play tank as you have these damage spikes on top of the regular damage spikes to worry about and deal with. This is expensive and even impossible in some situations.

End this Jay Wilson era policy and bring some class balance back. After that our Wonderful DH skills will more than suffice even if you removed Gloom completely from the game.
Reply Quote
So how are we going to use this when the most powerful skills have terrible proc rates....?

Also, I have 1000 life on hit right now.... It's not helping....

As it is now, you have to use skills that proc well with LoH if that is your route you wish to take with eHP sustain. ES shock colar / Cinder Arrow / Boar / Brooding / Guardian and Aid station turrets / LS weapons.. etc.. Use these thing in combination. Avoid taking large damage spikes and regen health slowly.

Right now over dependence on SP just means we play with large damage spikes and large bursts of HP. I understand that is the way the game is right now. I am hoping that in new xPack/patch that holy effix heals / health globe seems to play a bigger role / plus new gear etc... all combined should a different eHP sustain game mechanic than it is now. I look forward to it.

Congratulations, you know how to use the RMAH.

Those without sins may cast the first stone. I make no excuses/ no apologies for using what's available. RMAH / AH and whatever else. This also include LoH / LS weapons / and LS skills a DH has. those who wish to over rely on SP and/or self found made their choices.. Changes are coming. I welcome them. Choose to whine continuously OP.. haha .. I am having a good laugh!

Anyone else see my vid? LoH works fine right and it looks like it will get better from here on out. What did you all thing about Fear-Enchantress? Azurewrath works better of course but I was just having some fun with CC..
Edited by BlackVenom#1754 on 9/15/2013 8:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 05:19 PMPosted by Shasow
We need it... You don't want to continuously kite, do you? We're already weaker than every other class.

Only bad demon hunters NEED shadowpower.
Reply Quote
09/15/2013 08:55 AMPosted by Novuhz
You are doing it wrong, my DH has half your dps and kills 3x faster than your DH while doing mp7.

Look at the video again... 120 k dps unbuffed on MP7 .. like I said just having fun fear proc. with Enchantress. Take some hits and see if LoH works .. .

Nice DH .. you're not using RF only on Manticore? Really ?? Some may say you are doing that wrong.. Me?? I doesn't matter .. BL and Chakram.. way cool..
Reply Quote
Ya it's really over OP. roll another class, bye. Lol..
Reply Quote
For those that are thinking DH is going to be over. Roll a Barbarian, they have perma Fury, Thrive on Chaos, Into the Fray. They can deal incredible dmg while the Dh's will be trying to survive right?

Oh, wait a minute! Barbarians got nerfed on those skills too LOL I think that means something, not one class will be playable according to the worried people, nah just leave the game. LOL

Let's play Mario!
Edited by Woogmoog#1877 on 9/15/2013 9:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You are doing it wrong, my DH has half your dps and kills 3x faster than your DH while doing mp7.

Look at the video again... 120 k dps unbuffed on MP7 .. like I said just having fun fear proc. with Enchantress. Take some hits and see if LoH works .. .

Nice DH .. you're not using RF only on Manticore? Really ?? Some may say you are doing that wrong.. Me?? I doesn't matter .. BL and Chakram.. way cool..

Because I only play with 1 build? Didn't know I was stuck using only 1 build X_X

Anyways I have much more survivability with BL much more disc regen with it as well, much easier to deal aoe damage, much better to use it while kitting and the damage is almost the same or better since it has much bigger aoe dmg radios than RF+Bombard.

I only go with RF+Bombard if I'm doing Infernal Machine runs and also switch Hungering Arrow for Bola Shot + Imminent Doom for highest reliable single target damage.

Anyways your videos are just meh... builds that are ok for low MP but trash for higher MP then they say it will still be ok. Yes you will be ok if you keep doing low MP, there's no need to have SP in low MP at all, now go do some +mp8 while clearing fast, not with !@#$ty tank build... also without SP, let me know the results. Also go play vs the invisible snakes in Act 2 with those builds without SP in mp8 just to test it.
Edited by Novuhz#1403 on 9/15/2013 10:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
09/15/2013 08:54 AMPosted by Saturn
Only bad demon hunters NEED shadowpower.

From DH that doesn't use shadow power xD

It can't be argued that having shadow power makes playing the DH much easier in practically every situation.

In my opinion the main reason that keeps 99% of demon hunters forced to use shadow power is reflect damage. When I see reflect damage and use rapid fire w/ shadow power, I am getting 100k+ healing numbers. I don't see how I can remotely survive this without shadow power and not gimp myself completely.

But in every other situation that isn't reflect damage, I can see the DH being easily viable without shadow power. I just won't be able to tank 3 arcane beams any more :'(

(>^^)>
Reply Quote
the only thing im worried about is..

how we gonna deal with Reflect Dmg? especially with RF further buffed

maybe starting to use (new)weapon with life steal. it seems like the only solution
Reply Quote
while i play a kiting dh sp was the solution for reflect dmg.

i do see this as a major obstacle as dps will go up exponentially...talking end game lvl 70

edit
keep in mind LS is nerfed on inferno
Edited by ledmage#1783 on 9/15/2013 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]