Diablo® III

It's over Demon Hunters - Shadow Power nerf

No more LS, I am a kind of worried. DH is already weak. I can't believe, no LS and Gloom is nerfed.
Really hope that new items for DH will contain LS. Not sure what Blizz is planning by doing so.
Reply Quote
No more LS, I am a kind of worried. DH is already weak. I can't believe, no LS and Gloom is nerfed.
Really hope that new items for DH will contain LS. Not sure what Blizz is planning by doing so.

I only added Gloom when RF was buffed so I was Gloomless for a long time.

It might mean slight gear changes but its something we need, new content, something else to do...
Reply Quote
Eu folk, please respect dudes here like you would in the Eu forums :)

We love you all.. much love YOx

D3MON, it may be not that much of a surprise why some migrates to US or just stops posting in EU DH Forums >_<

Anyways.. EU DHs are welcome here but going here will really change you. LOL

I mean.. look at you D3MON, you started using the FUN CARD ;)
Reply Quote
some of you guys focusing to much on this shadow power. I know how amazing this spell is but the problem with the hunter is the lack of eDPS.
the question we all should be asking, has our eDPS issue been addressed?
Will we have other viable builds aside from rapid fire? (at higher mp levels)
Are we going to be tank class again?
How has our long range abilities been enhanced and are they viable enough for range class?
has our edps been improved enough to compete with other classes? (lower and higher mp levels)
how useful are we in group? what special thing we bring into party?

these are the sort of questions should be focused on and any others which addresses the core problems of the class. I'm sure many of us who picked this class didn't plan on being tank class or the worst dps class compared to others classes.

Reply Quote
Hell yeah. Massive buff to strafe damage. That's the EDPS buff I was looking for. Bola-shot level damage that hits an entire room full of mobs at once? Sign me up. Look past the SP nerf and into some of the other interesting changes. It'll be nice to have another slot that I can toy around with, instead of being stuck with SP or a sorry death.
Edited by PoeticShaman#1690 on 9/16/2013 9:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote

You don't even make sense... why even post? I said I could also play without SP X_X 'in lower mp'

What a hell are you talking about son ?

1. DH is the worst edps class
2. You can play any class the way it suits you, as long as its working for you, its all good
3. I can tank mp7, why dont you start an hc dh, build your glass cannon/dps class and we'll see how long will you survive...
4. Why are you even arguing about how someone should play hc when the highest level you've reached there is 16 ?
5. After witnessing douchness and ignorance in d3 forums for the past year, I must confess it makes me feel good to see Euro shares the same virtues, we're not so special after all.. thank god for that...

1. No !@#$ sherlock holmes that's why DH shouldn't even get nerfed.
2. Oh really? I didn't know.
3. So can I, I can tank 2 elite groups that have Reflect Damage, Plagued, Molten standing still till they die.
4. You misread it. Please go read what that guy was saying how he would be fine playing his Tank DH in low MP without SP.
5. lol...
Reply Quote

I know right, that's how broken and sad this class is.
That shows how broken your knowledge about the class is and how sad you are that you can't L2P.

No I'm not lost, because blues don't care about the EU forums.

Have a nice day.
No wonder with the way you guys post.

LOL you tell me I don't know how to play yet I was the first DH killing Belial and Diablo in Inferno before all the Inferno nerfs without using OP pre-nerf Smoke Screen.

Don't look at my gear because I quit this game long time ago and just recently came back because of RoS I used to sell most of the stuff in RMAH made around 1000 euros.
Edited by Novuhz#1403 on 9/16/2013 9:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a feeling part of the reason for this "alpha presented change" .. and yes.. this isn't set in stone yet .... is due to the fact the gear and weapons are going to go up so much in power.

Many of us have already seen DML quiver with higher dex/vit.... or those 1h weapons for the wiz and monk. Those are double the dps (without a gem in them) compared to our current 1h weapons.

Keeping LS on SP doesn't make as much sense. Makes one virtually indestructible.

for giggles I played around with my calamity stats on d3up. if I were to just double my weapon's DPS I'd be increasing my overall DPS by 169k dps.

This doesn't even account for other gear which will be better (assumption is even our crafting items will get better and roll better stats ... which is why I'm saving all my DE and crafting supplies right now).

I would imagine it will be possible based on new gearing rolls upwards of ilvl 70 or higher .. this will allow our gear and weapons to virtually double our current dps.

Sure RoS may be tough to play at MP10 even with double our dps ... but would make MP10 a walk in the park for the regular game.

LS and high LS would be too OP IMO. I think they need to work a bit more on the SP Regen per second as that number seems awefully low. Seems to benefit low players and not higher players. I'd rather see it as a percentage of your HP. Many DHs run 40k HP or more. Even using 40k HP ... getting 800 life per second = 2%. I have a feeling with the gear coming out and the VIT increases that will most likely also be there ... it will drop to 1.5% or potentially even lower.

As many have said... the numbers people read are only preliminary numbers. Heck lots of runes are even missing from our skills (count them per skill there should be 5 runes per skill. Some I've seen for classes of established skills have 3-4.

If you are a player who can't adapt .... this is certainly the wrong class for you..... and perhaps best to sell your gear and go play another class. We have constantly had to adapt with this game. :)
Reply Quote
@Novuhz .... uhhhhhhh so I'm confused... are we supposed to be impressed about you being able to kill Belial?

What a person did over a year ago has no bearing on the game today. so what... I made it to para 100 on my DH before the made it a ton easier by extra xp bonuses and higher mob density ... I guess that should impress someone??? LOLOLOL

ooooooo you made money on the RMAH ... guess that should impress us too .... NOT

To me... sounds like an ignorant EU player ... to left the game and came back and thinks they know it all because they happen to be the first EU player to kill Belial in Inferno(doubt that statistic can even be verified ).

You obviously haven't spent enough time in the forums here..... If you think Blues care about America DHs... well.... they don't. Maybe you should go troll the asian forums... perhaps blues there are more receptive.
Reply Quote
How much you guys want to bet that many people that use the term eDPS don't even know what it means?

Especially since the term was made up and the definition varies. Can make it mean whatever you want, to be honest.

Many of the changes, yes even to Spike Traps, allows DHs to put out more % weapon damage per second.

But forget that though, even though it's in our face plain as day, lets just use the this word eDPS over and over like ketchup or some other condiment.
Reply Quote
@Action Edps means just like Ehp effective dps, as in how much dmg you actually inflict on your enemies as opposed to whats written in your profile in its dps form....

Im not familiar with any other use of this hybrid word, when I say DH's have the worst edps I mean the ratio edps:dps favors other classes more - example wd with 100kdps inflicts more dmg than a dh with 100kdps... etc...

@Novuhz, meh, not gonna bother explaining trivial stuff.....
Reply Quote
I knew this was coming, so I've been getting used to running with low LS (Windforce), and Brooding and Aid Station regen build. It works just fine in MP10, not great but fine. MP6-8 it works great. Really the only challenge is reflect, have to be careful not to completely unload against elites with animation up.

I'm sure once everything is said and done we'll have good builds that are viable.
Reply Quote
@Action Edps means just like Ehp effective dps, as in how much dmg you actually inflict on your enemies as opposed to whats written in your profile in its dps form....

Im not familiar with any other use of this hybrid word, when I say DH's have the worst edps I mean the ratio edps:dps favors other classes more - example wd with 100kdps inflicts more dmg than a dh with 100kdps... etc...

I'm aware of what the common definition is.

What's actually happening is that that WD is putting out more % weapon damage(and per sec), and the content isn't forcing a change.

It's as simple as that. It's still damage per second, sheet damage rating is based off of 100% weapon damage average hit x attack speed, that's it. And due to the game rarely having skills that deal a flat 100% weapon damage, the sheet damage rating has always been nothing but a baseline.

A WD with 100k sheet damage doesn't automatically just inflict more pain than the DH with 100k sheet damage. But, people think this instantly when it isn't true.

What a lot of these Alpha build skill/rune changes have done for DHs right now is allow use of attacks that can be placed and continue to deal %weapon damage independently. As well as some attacks that don't interrupt ques, such as Fan of Knives, getting a rune with no cooldown. <- now you see, if Fan of Knives continues to have the same property of not interrupting ques, then this is a good example of something that will push out % weapon damage that people are neglecting and continuing to just throw out the word "eDPS" that's why I question. Think about Prep Punishment + new FoK, that's a lot of instant pain. And that's just one example.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 9/16/2013 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Spike traps??? = big nerf....??

Archery = nerf to all Bow user (...and 1 hand crossbow...)

FoK without cooldown (30 Hatred) looks really cool!!!!!

RF: Bombardment : Rapidly fire grenades that explode for 745% weapon damage as Fire to all enemies within a 11 yard radius. ??? Seriously??

Custom Engineering :Increase the duration of your Caltrops, Marked for Death, Spike Trap, and Sentry is increased by 100%. / Increase the maximum number of Sentries to 0 and Spike Traps to 0. ????
Reply Quote
I have a feeling part of the reason for this "alpha presented change" .. and yes.. this isn't set in stone yet .... is due to the fact the gear and weapons are going to go up so much in power.

Many of us have already seen DML quiver with higher dex/vit.... or those 1h weapons for the wiz and monk. Those are double the dps (without a gem in them) compared to our current 1h weapons.

Keeping LS on SP doesn't make as much sense. Makes one virtually indestructible.

for giggles I played around with my calamity stats on d3up. if I were to just double my weapon's DPS I'd be increasing my overall DPS by 169k dps.

This doesn't even account for other gear which will be better (assumption is even our crafting items will get better and roll better stats ... which is why I'm saving all my DE and crafting supplies right now).

I would imagine it will be possible based on new gearing rolls upwards of ilvl 70 or higher .. this will allow our gear and weapons to virtually double our current dps.

Sure RoS may be tough to play at MP10 even with double our dps ... but would make MP10 a walk in the park for the regular game.

LS and high LS would be too OP IMO. I think they need to work a bit more on the SP Regen per second as that number seems awefully low. Seems to benefit low players and not higher players. I'd rather see it as a percentage of your HP. Many DHs run 40k HP or more. Even using 40k HP ... getting 800 life per second = 2%. I have a feeling with the gear coming out and the VIT increases that will most likely also be there ... it will drop to 1.5% or potentially even lower.

As many have said... the numbers people read are only preliminary numbers. Heck lots of runes are even missing from our skills (count them per skill there should be 5 runes per skill. Some I've seen for classes of established skills have 3-4.

If you are a player who can't adapt .... this is certainly the wrong class for you..... and perhaps best to sell your gear and go play another class. We have constantly had to adapt with this game. :)

+1
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 9/16/2013 11:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote

What's actually happening is that that WD is putting out more % weapon damage(and per sec), and the content isn't forcing a change.

It's as simple as that. It's still damage per second, sheet damage rating is based off of 100% weapon damage average hit x attack speed, that's it. And due to the game rarely having skills that deal a flat 100% weapon damage, the sheet damage rating has always been nothing but a baseline.

A WD with 100k sheet damage doesn't automatically just inflict more pain than the DH with 100k sheet damage. But, people think this instantly when it isn't true.

I dont think you're giving people enough credit, Wds are dealing more dmg coz their runes allow that and there is literally no skill a Dh can use to get him higher edps than that of a WD, hence I said we're the worst edps class, now I know you think Dh's can shoot more and their movement allows more dmg than that of a wd but if you ever ran with enrock/iso/sunshine or any other decent wd that has a similar dps to your Dh you know they do inflict more dmg, by a lot and they move and fire just as fast as we do... maybe that will change in the future but thats how things are now.

I tried it and my wd is killing my Dh's (and Im an average WD player at best)... give Terabella a chance, put vengeful spirit, spirit walk, zombie bears and cloud bats on her and you'll see all this time she has been a ninja in hiding... Love Dhs' but other classes arent as balanced as our class hence we're slightly behind....
Reply Quote

I dont think you're giving people enough credit, Wds are dealing more dmg coz their runes allow that and there is literally no skill a Dh can use to get him higher edps than that of a WD, hence I said we're the worst edps class, now I know you think Dh's can shoot more and their movement allows more dmg than that of a wd but if you ever ran with enrock/iso/sunshine or any other decent wd that has a similar dps to your Dh you know they do inflict more dmg, by a lot and they move and fire just as fast as we do... maybe that will change in the future but thats how things are now.

I tried it and my wd is killing my Dh's (and Im an average WD player at best)... give Terabella a chance, put vengeful spirit, spirit walk, zombie bears and cloud bats on her and you'll see all this time she has been a ninja in hiding... Love Dhs' but other classes arent as balanced as our class hence we're slightly behind....

I've played with Iso for a very long time almost a year. Once he's within his respective effective zones and dealing damage, he's doing more than me without question, and that's something that's never been denied. That's actually never changed for WDs since early in the game's life. It's just that previously, WDs were slow on movement(probably the slowest) and had it rougher on resources, but once they got into Bears area they were doing massive amounts. At that time, for all classes it was much more difficult just to achieve 24% movement speed <- now it's available and achievable on so many different pieces and that strips the DH ranged damage dealing on a class comparison.

But I can still deal damage first and before they do. If that damage is enough to kill the monster, they won't be able to touch it. However, when playing in an area or MP where we're undergeared offensively then the monsters won't die yet and then they step in when the monsters reach their sweet spot, or is alive long enough for them to do so.

DHs strike FIRST. It's one of our biggest pros.

^And that's exactly how I play mine, I strike first. Arrows are already tearing the flesh of monsters while that WD is Spirit Walking in. Maybe you choose not to engage from full and offscreen, and that's your choice. The clock starts for me on a monster needing to die, the moment that monster is visible - not when I get up close to it. At which point a skill like Cloud of Bats isn't even doing damage yet, and WD's using Spirit Walk help more toward their damage dealing than others realize as it allows them to close the gap on the monsters and CoB sooner.

Think about how Monk's Dashing Strike's Spirit cost went up(the datamine shows the cost doubled). That skill is HUGE in getting Monks to the damage dealing sweat spot as soon as possible. Now it's more costly on resources. They Dashing Strike to the monsters, and will have to punch them in the throat a few times before dropping a bells, so it evens their damage out while still maintaining its potency.

Remember back to what it was like when players struggled just to get 12% movement speed? Now people are at 24% readily available. When playing as a melee class or needing to get in close, movement speed equates to damage. Barbs got their Fury spamming nerfed up so they can't just sprint in on berserker immediately, but now skills like Ancient Spear and Weapons Throw are changed for the better, so they can deal damage in all ranges or pull monsters into their range(of dealing more damage) without cooldown.

Look at the totality of it all. That's why those Ghom tests and all that is laughable, because for one DHs aren't even given the chance to set up all of their sentries and whatnot before the clock the starts.
Reply Quote
That shows how broken your knowledge about the class is and how sad you are that you can't L2P.

No wonder with the way you guys post.

LOL you tell me I don't know how to play yet I was the first DH killing Belial and Diablo in Inferno before all the Inferno nerfs without using OP pre-nerf Smoke Screen.

Don't look at my gear because I quit this game long time ago and just recently came back because of RoS I used to sell most of the stuff in RMAH made around 1000 euros.
Ho noes! I have upset a great RMAH divinity! Have some sweet lemonade to cool your anger. Please don't smite me with your holy change purse, it might bruise my ego.

You say you run MP7 but need SP. I can run MP7 without it. If MP 5-7 is "low MP" for HC, then why aren't you running MP 10?

MP7, no SP. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71SQjSQrt9o&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
While it is too early to claim that a class is over at this stage, I don't like the change they made to shadow power in their internal PTR environment. It creates tendency when it comes to weapon choice. Loh just favors high aps weapon. The change makes high aps weapon more appealing to use.

And 735% dmg bombardment with LS nerf? are they removing RD affix?
Reply Quote
or you can play in a more evasive way getting only few hits, like an archer should be.
They are making new skills like the shadow wall, the dodge passives and renfoircing the damage-mechanics of some good skills. 30 Hatred no cooldown Fok with 20 yardes radius is very very good remember that attack slow enemies too ;)
I'm tired to see demon hunters playing like barbarians with a bow this is so boring
Edited by Mesercus#2892 on 9/16/2013 3:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]