Diablo® III

Dear God... they are fixing FoT!

I'm sure there are many other topics about this, but :

BASE RUNE:
Fists of Thunder Generate: 8 Spirit per attack
Teleport to your target and unleash a series of extremely fast punches that deal 145% weapon damage as Lightning.
Every third hit deals 275% weapon damage as Lightning split between all enemies in front of you and releases chain lightning, dealing 73% weapon damage as Lightning to up to 3 additional enemies.

Rune: Thunderclap
Release an electric shockwave with every punch that hits all enemies within 6 yards of your primary enemy for 35% weapon damage as Lightning and causes knockback with every third hit.

Summary:
All runes of FoT get a short teleport
The innate faster attack speed modifier that made it obviously better than every other spirit generator (~1.4) is likely gone
Knockback + AoE moved to Thunderclap
Edited by Davlok#1847 on 9/14/2013 3:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The innate faster atatck speed modifier (~1.4) of FoT is gone

?
Am I just stupid or are you wrong? I didnt read stuff like this, neither in this thread nor on diablofans...
Reply Quote
09/14/2013 03:30 AMPosted by Volun
The innate faster atatck speed modifier (~1.4) of FoT is gone

?
Am I just stupid or are you wrong? I didnt read stuff like this, neither in this thread nor on diablofans...

I read it like that on DiabloFans
Reply Quote
It's all pre-alpha so everything is 100% not final, it just shows their current intent.

We also get a pretty cool skill that bestows teleport ability:
Epiphany
Cooldown: 120 seconds
Lasts: 20 seconds
Restore all of your Spirit
Reducing the Spirit cost of your skills by 50%
Enable your melee attacks to instantly dash to your target for 20 seconds.

and that's just the base skill (runes not implimented yet)
Reply Quote
View profile
It's all pre-alpha so everything is 100% not final, it just shows their current intent.

We also get a pretty cool skill that bestows teleport ability:
Epiphany
Cooldown: 120 seconds
Lasts: 20 seconds
Restore all of your Spirit
Reducing the Spirit cost of your skills by 50%
Enable your melee attacks to instantly dash to your target for 20 seconds.

and that's just the base skill (runes not implimented yet)

We will probably change form as well..perhaps stay in Serenity state or a modified Serenity/Super Saiyan animation. Turn gold like some Buddah statues or have additional 8 arms like Kali.

Cheers,
CC-
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 9/14/2013 3:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/14/2013 03:33 AMPosted by TianZi
I read it like that on DiabloFans

Hm...they removed "Generates Spirit faster than other Spirit-generating skills due the high attack speed"...
That could be everything. FoT might be nerfed in that way, but I'm not sure about this...
Reply Quote
Given the increased spirit generation per hit, the massive damage boost, and the fact that they crossed out the part where it said it was "faster" than other spirit generators, it's likely that the speed of the skill has been reduced, possibly to levels around CW or WoTHF. The loss of knockback on the third is probably a bigger deal than most think too, since that mini-knockback is what stops certain fairly nasty attacks from occurring. Since we're not nearly as reliant on proc coefficients as we used to be (nobody really relies on LoH these days), I honestly think that FoT might lose favor to other skills. I could easily see WoTHF: Fists of Fury (if Holy Damage heals you, that DoT is going to be very nice indeed) or Hands of Lightning (200% flat damage on all three strikes is going to out-damage almost all other generators) gaining a lot of favor.

The biggest news for our skills in my opinion is the new Dashing Strike. 50 spirit cost (30 with Quicksilver), damages enemies in a line, and does nearly twice the damage of the skill as it is now, and the way it reads to me seems like the skill ALWAYS dashes the full 50-yard length, even without a target.
Barrage seems interesting as a damage-dealer, 1337% of your weapon damage over 2 seconds is far from insignificant. Way of the Falling Star is also very interesting now - they took out the part where you have to target an enemy, so with sufficient spirit regen you could really use it as a mobility skill. And with Flying Side Kick now having a 100% chance to stun ALL enemies it hits, that could prove extremely gross for CC. The changes for DS are HUGE in these notes, far more so than any other Monk skill I saw.
Reply Quote
Also realize they are taking Life steal out of the game most likely, and LoH will be back as the main non-skill healing option. It does look like many healing skills getting buffed, but high attack speed + LoH may be back in style some day.

And yes, the new dashing strike reads AMAZING - no need to target an enemy - 50 yard range -and the unique ring affix of returning dashing strike cost if travelling over 25 yards = new RMAH flipping option! lol
Edited by Davlok#1847 on 9/14/2013 4:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/14/2013 04:20 AMPosted by Davlok
Also realize they are taking Life steal out of the game most likely, and LoH will be back as the main non-skill healing option. It does look like many healing skills getting buffed, but high attack speed + LoH may be back in style some day.

That's the thing - based on what I can tell from the spirit generated across all four of our generators, FoT might actually end up being the SLOWEST one. It generates 8 spirit per hit, higher than any other generator, so it stands to reason that it'll also be the slowest - and since WoTHF actually got a spirit reduction, I think it's going to be a faster-hitting skill now.

Pure speculation based on the datamined info of course. It could all get flipped over the next few months.
Reply Quote
Yeah, but to be fair, FoT:TC is our dps spirit generator, not our go-to spirit generating spirit generator. Quickening is still around -- who knows how effective it will be compared to now with the speed nerf.
Reply Quote
Deadly ReachDeadly Reach Generate: 67 Spirit per attack / Project lines of pure force over a short distance for 110% weapon damage. as Physical. / Every third hit extends 25 yardshas a 30% chance to knock up enemies

Wow. They are *really* changing that skill. Deadly reach indeed.

I'm awaiting the new rune, propholatico - removes knocked up effect, but decreases pleasure by 50%.
Edited by overg#1771 on 9/14/2013 5:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote

And yes, the new dashing strike reads AMAZING - no need to target an enemy - 50 yard range -and the unique ring affix of returning dashing strike cost if travelling over 25 yards = new RMAH flipping option! lol

All of those affix's are on rings just to test. You have already seen what legendary it will be on(the fist)
Reply Quote
09/14/2013 05:30 AMPosted by Flattylol
Yeah, but to be fair, FoT:TC is our dps spirit generator, not our go-to spirit generating spirit generator. Quickening is still around -- who knows how effective it will be compared to now with the speed nerf.

Yep no one knows what the end version will be, or even expect there to not be a new set of cookie cutters, but at least we can see they are giving it a much delayed try.
Reply Quote
@Davlok

You are coming back!?
Reply Quote
@Davlok

You are coming back!?

Fulltime when the expansion comes out; now just occasionally leveling the DH if I get bored. Playing through a large backlog of games (humble bundles!) Currently on Torchlight 2.

All of those affix's are on rings just to test. You have already seen what legendary it will be on(the fist)

Ahh, I see. Haven't been paying much attention lately. I'd prefer if all those "gameplay changing" affixes are stuck on weapons. That way it would provide a good balance between 2H / dw / s&b. Sure hope that mystic ally attack mirrors special attacks too - 2x exploding palms!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]