Diablo® III

Are Demon Hunters better for PvP in xpack?

I was reading the infos published in http://www.diablofans.com/ and some skill changes seem to benefit us DHs. What are your impressions?
Reply Quote
doesn't look like they've even started working on DH or WD changes yet, barb/monk/wiz seem to have been worked on first.
Reply Quote
I did not analyze the entire text, but just to point out a few things the site says about DHs:

-Sharpshooter will gain 4% Critical Hit Chance every second instead of 3% (faster recovery)
-Fan of Knives has reduced cool-down: 8 seconds instead of 10
-Impale costs 20 Hatred instead of 25 and has 360% weapon damage instead of 265%
Reply Quote
none of those changes will change anything for dh in pvp
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 09:17 PMPosted by Kefka

One of the runes (for Fan of Knives) will eliminate the cooldown in exchange for 30 hatred. Spam 4 of those with Sharpshooter and say good bye to the Zombie Dogs lol. Also, did you see the damage from Bombardment rune (they also increased the AoE)? lol
Edited by Iria#1342 on 9/14/2013 1:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Only the increase of damage from impale alone seems to make a nice difference for PvP. Of course, none of those changes is official yet.
Reply Quote
09/14/2013 01:13 AMPosted by Iria

One of the runes (for Fan of Knives) will eliminate the cooldown in exchange for 30 hatred. Spam 4 of those with Sharpshooter and say good bye to the Zombie Dogs lol. Also, did you see the damage from Bombardment rune (they also increased the AoE)? lol

We'll have to see how FoK works out with crit being gutted though. The strategy of blowing !@#$ up in a crit (i.e the FoK strategy) probably wont' be nearly as viable in the future, but we'll see. Ironically a severe crit nerf will end up being a huge WD buff since it hurts every other class more than it hurts WD.
Reply Quote
Hmmmm what kind of Crit Change? Or you mean some kind of change to SharpShooter?
Reply Quote
Crit chance/damage has basically been reduced by 50%+ on items/abilities. Sharpshooter is the one exception so far, probably because it's so underwhelming in pve.
Reply Quote
Sorry I guess I'm still confused. Proc Chance affected by Crit Chance? Did they change the DPS Equation? Or are they changing the items to roll less CC/CD? Based on console drops rolling over max Crit at the moment I can't see that happening. I guess I have seen nothing about this in particular.

I mean a spell that does 100% WD x CD will still be the same amount of damage?
Reply Quote
Console loot is dropping based on the current system just with higher stats, the RoS crit system has less CC/CHD on items. For example, during the gamescon presentation they showed an ilvl 70 dead man's legacy that only rolled 7.5% crit chance, which isn't even possible in the current game. All of the other ilvl70 items shown had sub-40% crit damage, which also isn't even possible on current ilvl60+ items. Archery, ruthless, and weapons master all had the CC/CHD numbers cut in half or completely removed. They're clearly moving towards a less dominant crit-based dps system.

I mean a spell that does 100% WD x CD will still be the same amount of damage?

It will still do the same amount of damage, but instead of being able to stack 50% crit chance and 500% crit damage, we might be able to stack 25% crit chance and 250% crit damage, due to item/skill limitations.
Edited by Kefka#1278 on 9/14/2013 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
One important change towards making WDs more balanced is the change in haunt mechanics. If this proceeds then a non crit haunt will prevent you from being haunted for the whole 6 seconds duration.. WDs will still be the PVP class but haunt will be less annoying. Did you see the change to ballistics? Seems cool.
Reply Quote
People are still complaining about haunt? Really? It's like the second most worthless skill on our action bar, almost completely nullified by anyone who gears/specs properly, and is really only used these days as a mana sponge. After looking at your gear Baelor, I'd suggest you focus on improving your own character before complaining about others.
Reply Quote
That's a lot of hate there bro. I stopped playing a long ago and i've been mostly lurking the foruns. I came back to the game when duel came out and really enjoyed it. Even being one shot all the time i realized that with proper gear it would be fun but didn´'t have the time or patiance to get PVP gear. The only thing that annoyed me were Dot skills. Since a saw threads complaining about it i assumed i wasn't the only one. I´m really excited about the changes though and we might end up brawling someday ( after a gear properly). How exactly do people deal with haunt? I saw a WD haunting toons from outside of their screan on a youtube video. Did they just stack EHP?
P.S. You seem like could use some hugs.
Reply Quote
there are a couple other interesting things in it:

Ballistics: Increase damage of rockets by 100% In addition, you have a 20% chance to fire a homing rocket for 150% weapon damage when you attack.

Smoke Screen
Healing Vapors :Regenerate 10% Life while invisible

Single Out
stat : Gain 20% Critical Hit Chance against enemies who are more than 20 yards away from any other enemies.

Awareness
stat : Gain 4% Dodge Chance every second. This bonus is reset 1 second after you successfully dodge an attack.
Reply Quote
there are a couple other interesting things in it:

Ballistics: Increase damage of rockets by 100% In addition, you have a 20% chance to fire a homing rocket for 150% weapon damage when you attack.

Smoke Screen
Healing Vapors :Regenerate 10% Life while invisible

Single Out
stat : Gain 20% Critical Hit Chance against enemies who are more than 20 yards away from any other enemies.

Awareness
stat : Gain 4% Dodge Chance every second. This bonus is reset 1 second after you successfully dodge an attack.

Yes, those skills seem also very nice for PvP!
Reply Quote
but wd's has this ...

Creeping Death Creeping Death
stat : Your Haunt and Locust Swarm abilities last almost forever.
desc : "He ran from darkness and from fire. On the tenth day he stopped running."

From what it looks like it's a huge gamble really. Since you can only have 1 haunt casted at once and fully last off before the next haunt, it's either you get unlucky with a non-crit haunt that does no damage or a crit haunt that'll just end the duel for a non-barb class in less than 20 seconds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]