Diablo® III

Nephelometry

What recent event in your life has reminded you of diablo?

Today in pathophysiology i learned about a technique called 'nephelometry' used to study the affinity of a particular antibody to certain antigens by measuring refracted light.
Naturally, all i could think about was testing the potency of my wizzy at demon slaying :)
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Hanging around hookah lounges with friends on a Friday night reminds me of the Searing Sands Inn at the Caldeum Bazaar.

I recently set up a terrarium with three Oriental Firebelly Toads and I was tempted to name them Burrowing Leaper 1, Burrowing Leaper 2 and Burrowing Leaper 3.

Oh, I can't think right now; I need to go back to work.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
Ha thats funny. Last time I did hookah it was to the soundtrack of Diablo 2. "Lut Gholein" and the "Desert".
Reply Quote
Me and my friends decided to mark the start of this colder weather by ... making our way.. legally of course.. into a series of burnt down medical facilities that are known to be haunted/fenced up where I live. Of course, no adventure of this magnitude can be taken without some courage from good friends like Morgan and Jack.

Long story short, I found myself checking every dark section in the buildings to make sure no demons (yes.. i was picturing several types of demons from Diablo) popped out and dragged me down.

The ironic thing is I kept thinking, "Shoulda bought a 1-handed crossbow from the AH before coming here, idiot."
Edited by proph21#1183 on 9/19/2013 7:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Better grab your Nephelometer and follow me, Monty11. Every time i put on my MMA gloves, i feel like monk ready to !@#$ %^-* up...or at least that heavy bag
Reply Quote
Work kind of reminds me of Diablo... 40+ Hours a week to get a paycheck that isn't really that great... And the bosses are !@#$%^-s!
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 06:41 PMPosted by Itrabarkahc
Better grab your Nephelometer and follow me, Monty11. Every time i put on my MMA gloves, i feel like monk ready to !@#$ %^-* up...or at least that heavy bag

Dude, your punches are off the scale.

P.S. MMA is straight BA.
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 07:05 PMPosted by Zephlykk
Work kind of reminds me of Diablo... 40+ Hours a week to get a paycheck that isn't really that great... And the bosses are !@#$%^-s!

Quote of the week.
Reply Quote
walking some of the trails in ridge run park a local park near my house remind me of diablo. some of the wooded areas look alot like some of the paths in the diablo 3 game.
Reply Quote
Ain't it obvious?

Diablo 1 -> 0 - 14 years old: introduces you to the concept, no duties, no worries
Diablo 2 -> 15 - 20: carefree and fun time, what you do with your time seems magical and fun
Diablo 3 -> 21 - 30: grind for money, buy the stuff you need to grind more money

(I define "recent" bit differently than most I guess).
Edited by Nox#2169 on 9/19/2013 11:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
sometimes when i walk on the street i think about lacuni prowlers, and then i speed up 12%
Reply Quote
Every time I see my friend, who plays d3, we have the craziest stories. For instance, he was picking out a necklace for his girlfriend and when he ordered it he called it an amulet. I think the person on the phone had no idea what the heck he was talking about. Haha
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
I see Sanctuary every day, sitting on my desk purring for a treat, or lying in my lap dozing while I play.

I had adopted a cat from the local shelter because it had been there a long time, and nobody wanted it because it was an older cat than most people want to adopt (they estimated she's between 5 and 8 years old.) She's a real sweetie, all purr purr purr and cute broken little meow. They had named her Willow mostly just for tracking reasons, so when I got her home, I had determined to give her a new name.

So, I'm playing my nightly Diablo and slaying demons while this little cutie sat on my desk purring, thinking of what I should name her. All of a sudden Eirena, the enchantress, calls out "Treasure!" like she does when some junk rare drops occasionally, and I knew right then and there that this was my new kitty's name: Treasure (said just like Eirena says it!)

Reply Quote
when I ask my son what he wants for dinner, frequent reply is :"Fresh meat" :D
Reply Quote
My best friend has 2 kids. One of them he called Leah. I'm godfather to his kids and I didn't realize it was the same name as Leah from D3 until a week ago lol
Reply Quote
Today I just drove by a street called Kingsport. I couldn't help but imagine that that's where Kormac the templar really grew up, and everything he says is just an elaborate lie to cover up a disappointing childhood un suburban Georgia.
Reply Quote
My baby kitty is named willow!
Edited by Willowemoc#1816 on 9/24/2013 6:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]