Diablo® III

PS3: Delayed sound effects (Disc edition)

Hi everyone, i have a new brand PS3 and a blu-ray copy of D3.

I noticed some delayed sounds effects, even on a single player party. Most of the time with many mobs and effects on the screen..with 4 players coop delays increases by seconds.......-____-

I think due to real-time reading from the blu-ray.

Why don't you release a patch that allows a partial installation on hdd ? Such a shame, seems to play a broken game.......on x360 game can be installed, why this disscrimination on ps3 ?

Thanks.
Edited by StIwY#2595 on 9/15/2013 5:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Same problem here. It also applies to characters/followers comments after killing mobs.
Reply Quote
09/15/2013 05:50 AMPosted by TozziFan
Same problem here. It also applies to characters/followers comments after killing mobs.

Yes, i noticed this too......waiting for a blue reply.....
Reply Quote
I've encountered this too. I've never lost any loot, but it is kind of weird to hear a gem drop after I've already picked it up.
Reply Quote
just to add this also happens on the PS3 using a harddisk install/digital download.

many times items will drop and not make a sound, especially legendaries. sometimes it's most noticeable after waypointing into a new area for example into rakkis crossing. game is almost silent while it seems to "catch up" with the sound of whats happening on screen.
Reply Quote
Same, disc based, I find I have to sit for a few seconds for the audio train to catch up. Mostly notable in my case in act 4 after the hell rifts but before big D.
Reply Quote
It is not just sound delay on mine, my character actually pauses while the sound loads. Getting into the higher difficulties, this is going to be an issue since it does not stop the monsters from attacking.
Reply Quote
This should be fixed ASAP, with multiple enemies some sounds start even with 5-10 seconds of delay..it's just awful.
Reply Quote
Toc, Toc ?

Dear blizzard, i know, you are so lazy, but this is a CRITICAl problem.

This problem is unacceptable and afflicts all players, even with dd edition installed on hdd.

Please some blue can post here, at least ? Or i must dance naked around a fire at night crying out to the sky ?

Thanks for your ATTENTION.
Edited by StIwY#2595 on 10/30/2013 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Add my name to the list experiencing this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]