Diablo® III

S&B QA - Part 10

@QHTran: on weekdays I play at around 6-8pm (3-5pm PST) and I play on mornings during the week end mostly (5-10am PST) Don't think our schedules will match, but I'll add you anyway!

@Wannabe: Good, I'll add you and we'll see

@Fabby: I don't care THAT much about farming speed. if I want speed, I'll play solo :P But I do care about fun! So let's level up that monk! :)
Reply Quote
View profile
09/26/2013 12:06 PMPosted by TheRedeemer
@Fabby: I don't care THAT much about farming speed. if I want speed, I'll play solo :P But I do care about fun! So let's level up that monk! :)

cool, lets do this! Just don't die on me too much, ok? ...... i kid, i kid lol
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 10:10 AMPosted by fabbyhunter
Bumbly, you ever consider moving back to where you came from? I find that jobs are infinitely easier to find when you know people.

We moved here and bought a house to be closer to my parents who are getting older and could no longer afford to live where we grew up. They needed a place to retire to and this is it.

Property tax back where I grew up for them was over 7k a year for about 3 acres of land.
Here they have a bigger house, more land and their tax is less than 1500 a year. Plus in a year when they hit 65 their property tax locks and will not go up until they no longer own the house.
So it will be great due to being on a fixed income.

I like it here for the most part just finding a decent job hasnt been easy.
Its been so long and things have changed so much in 13yrs I feel a bit outdated LOL
Reply Quote
@bumbly,
It’s okay bud just keep on learning and progress … we can’t predict the future so just make the best of every situation … we actually got it pretty good in North America and Australia =)
And yeah network, that’s were most leads comes from

@TheRedeemer,
Sure buddy .. must warn you though that I pick up all yellow and I’m slow and like to kill everything =) … not efficient at all …=P

@fabby,
Craft more ammy for your monk =)
Other than that everything else looks supper good!!
Reply Quote
View profile
Do me Tran, do me! What should I change (never mind suggesting SS lol)? :)
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 03:11 PMPosted by Wannabee808
Do me Tran, do me!

O_O!

lol you're already beastly in any form =P
I was just admiring fabby's monk that he geared up
Reply Quote
View profile
Aww shucks, thanks Tran! :) you say the nicest things.
Reply Quote
View profile
09/26/2013 03:11 PMPosted by Wannabee808
Do me Tran, do me!

I think there's some kind of bromance happening here...

not that there's anything wrong with that or anything...
Reply Quote
View profile
QH, i'd love more ammy on my monk. But crafting sucks and I'm scared to purchase anything on the ah right now after my last experience. I just don't trust them eventhough everything seems to be working better now...so I'm gonna wait

Bumbly, just hang in there bud. Being close to your parents is very important. At the end of the day, family is all we got.
Reply Quote
View profile

Hmmmm.......????? ;P
Reply Quote
View profile
09/26/2013 04:14 PMPosted by QHTran
I was just admiring fabby's monk that he geared up

QH, the best thing about that monk is that i've spent almost nothing on him. most of the pieces I found....and now, the only things that I'm willing to ah for him are good bargains.

i've bought 3 things:
The mempo was 50% off (i just couldn't pass it up)
The skorn was 475m (i honestly think that someone forgot to put a 1 in front of that)
the chest was 100m (meh, not a great bargain, but not expensive)

I have to fight my temptation to outfit him with dual, high end LS weapons though, but so far, logic has prevailed over lunacy

Is there a support group for recovering AH'ers? lol
Reply Quote
View profile
Good Morning Wanna!

Aloha kakahiaka
Edited by fabbyhunter#1917 on 9/27/2013 7:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Morning Fabby, did you live in Hawaii or just TV?
Reply Quote
View profile
09/27/2013 07:35 AMPosted by Wannabee808
Morning Fabby, did you live in Hawaii or just TV?

I vacationed in Kona a few years ago...but no, i don't live in Hawaii...its too damn expensive there lol
Reply Quote
View profile
Yup I know what you mean.....the cost if everything is horrible. Kona is nice a bit too hot for my taste though, I prefer Hilo. Too bad I live on Oahu, but that's where the jobs are.
Reply Quote
I've been a 2H, non-whirlwind barb exclusively for the first 97 paragon levels of playing, and lately I find myself wanting a different experience. I love playing the barb, and am seriously considering leveling a second, like many of you already have, but in doing so, I think it might be a good time to go S&B.

I picked up a decent SS last night, and I'm interested in knowing what the best route would be to continue upgrading. Unbuffed, wearing my HF ring and a SoJ, my paper doll dps using my Skorn was 175k. Obviously the weapon will need to be upgraded, as I just had it lying around, but I'm interested in knowing what direction I should take in choosing some other upgrades. Obviously trifecta pieces are my first choice, but realistically, I may be buying pieces that only offer two of the three key attack stats, and if so, which stats on which pieces? I don't consider myself uber by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm no scrub either.

Also, why sword and not ax in the MH? I like the idea of using a sword, and I'm on board with getting one, I'm just curious more than anything. I sincerely appreciate any feedback anyone wouldn't mind sharing. I've read through some of the guides and links on this forum, I'm just at that point where I'm trying to figure out if I'm really going to commit to it or not. Thanks everyone!
Reply Quote
View profile
I've been a 2H, non-whirlwind barb exclusively for the first 97 paragon levels of playing, and lately I find myself wanting a different experience. I love playing the barb, and am seriously considering leveling a second, like many of you already have, but in doing so, I think it might be a good time to go S&B.

I picked up a decent SS last night, and I'm interested in knowing what the best route would be to continue upgrading. Unbuffed, wearing my HF ring and a SoJ, my paper doll dps using my Skorn was 175k. Obviously the weapon will need to be upgraded, as I just had it lying around, but I'm interested in knowing what direction I should take in choosing some other upgrades. Obviously trifecta pieces are my first choice, but realistically, I may be buying pieces that only offer two of the three key attack stats, and if so, which stats on which pieces? I don't consider myself uber by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm no scrub either.

Also, why sword and not ax in the MH? I like the idea of using a sword, and I'm on board with getting one, I'm just curious more than anything. I sincerely appreciate any feedback anyone wouldn't mind sharing. I've read through some of the guides and links on this forum, I'm just at that point where I'm trying to figure out if I'm really going to commit to it or not. Thanks everyone!

Hi Goldie!

Why a sword? well...because you make up the 10CC on the shield, its better to get the +15% damage from weaps master with a sword. You will end up with more dps this way 100% of the time (i.e., with similar dps sword vs similar dps axe/mace). That's why you see us using swords to max dps

looking at your char, obviously, a new gem and higher dps weap is in order. I think that the HF ring has to go. You're losing a lot of dps and/or survival stats on that ring. Its better now to go higher up in mp because of the 1.0.8 XP buffs, and a decent ring will help here.

ALso, you've got tons of life steal. I don't think you need more with bloodthirst. You'd be better served swapping the bloodthirst passive with brawler for faster killing which leads to faster leveling

Or

Keep LS on weap and bloodthirst (if you still need it) and get yourself a witching hr belt. Even a cheap witching hr is 30k more dps compared to a high end IK belt.

and once you reach a certain dps level, you can drop all LS to just one slot which means if LS on weapon, then use WH belt and dps passive
Reply Quote
I've got a Marquis Emerald sitting in my Skorn, I just wasn't going to drop 5M pulling it out just yet. The sword thing makes a lot of sense, and I'm don't think I'd have a lot of heartache at the moment selling my Skorn to buy one. I currently run around on MP10 anyway, and have virtually no issues with survivability, provided I don't stand in desecrater/plague for longer than whats good for me.

My skorn has 6% LS, and I don't usually run bloodthirst, I literally just bought the shield last night and was playing around with the third passive slot. I had been using superstition, but figured I'd be using brawler or beserker rage long term. Going from 2h to S&B, even on one pack, I could already see LS was not nearly as critical, which is good, and what I'm looking for. I enjoy playing for the sake of playing, and I'm not going to be one of these cry-baby, twirly-whirly, glass-cannon barbarians that's strives to be a blender and ends up being a slap-chop.

I'm not in love with my HF ring, and have a few others I can equip in its place.

I appreciate the feedback, and I think I very well may end up letting my Skorn go this weekend...
Reply Quote
View profile
no problems Goldie!

and as a wise barb once said:
"Respect the shield"
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 07:11 PMPosted by fabbyhunter

mmm....~_~ '...no comment

Hmmmm.......????? ;P

I think fabby want in ;) lol

09/27/2013 06:46 AMPosted by fabbyhunter
i've spent almost nothing on him

It’s all perspective I guess but it’s great that you’re enjoying the monk
Run with us sometime :)

09/27/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Goldilocks
ends up being a slap-chop.

hahah thanks for the laugh Goldilocks and welcome to SnB ^_^v
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]