Diablo® III

S&B QA - Part 10

I knew it was sarcasm. I was just poking fun at it =]

True story tho, mp10 diablo can drop marquise gems.
Reply Quote
?
Reply Quote
Everybody knows that, Bro.
Reply Quote
09/16/2013 12:51 PMPosted by tomcruise

what's the word?
that's the word?
Bird! =)
Reply Quote
09/16/2013 01:27 PMPosted by QHTran

what's the word?
that's the word?
Bird! =)

parrot
Reply Quote
09/16/2013 06:52 AMPosted by AlNeo

someone in here may have some insanely insane blackthorne pants...but you didn't hear that from me ;)

because block is calculated last after all the dmg resistance, that 5% block is quite significant.

So the way it works is that all dmg reduction comes off incoming damage first, then dodge is checked, if it isn't dodged, then block is checked. If block is successful, a random amount within the block range is calculated and that is taken off the incoming damage amount. So if a monster was to hit you for 6k life, and you block 4500 of it, it becomes quite significant

neither my old ones or ballers beat fizzles ones ehp wise. only a nice pair of bt with same res, 2 os and high vit roll would rock his.
that's because his armor is low, given higher armor rating without the need for tough as nails & tough as nails, yes, the bt pants would ehp wise be a lot better
Reply Quote
hey guys and girl,
new barb skill from diablo fan data mine:

Sword and Board - Sword and Board
◦stat : Blocking an attack generates 20 Fury.
◦desc : "Attack me if you dare, I will crush you." - TEMP

we just got call out! =D

-------------------------------------------------------------------
stat: Blocking an attack generates 20 Fury
desc: "Attack me if you dare, I will crush you."
Q - Sword and Board Barb
Edited by QHTran#1403 on 9/16/2013 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
hey guys and girl,

we just got call out! =D

Q - Sword and Board Barb

interesting...
Reply Quote
going through the list of "leaked" changes, it looks like the way to play barb is going to change drastically.

This is exactly what I had hoped for: Discovering new synergies between skills and new builds. There is more to barb than just spinning to win. that would be boring in the expansion. I see so many people saying the nerf to WW/nado is the end of barb.

I see quite the opposite, the buffs to skills will be an awakening...and it will be fun to find new builds. i think the changes are going to save barb, and not kill it
Reply Quote
I got my gfg -5 HotA cost shield ready to go.
Reply Quote
09/16/2013 02:38 PMPosted by fabbyhunter
I see quite the opposite, the buffs to skills will be an awakening...and it will be fun to find new builds. i think the changes are going to save barb, and not kill it

That's the spirit !
Even though I'll give the crusader a shot, the S&B class by birth :)
Reply Quote
09/16/2013 02:47 PMPosted by silverfire
I got my gfg -5 HotA cost shield ready to go.

so what do you think Silver? S/B seems to be a logical style again with the proposed datamined strings. Its still very early though

09/16/2013 02:48 PMPosted by Rootsmann

That's the spirit !
Even though I'll give the crusader a shot, the S&B class by birth :)

I'll definitely be starting a crusader too! I liked the crusader's graphics on the teasing trailer that was released
Reply Quote
09/16/2013 02:38 PMPosted by fabbyhunter

I concur!

I think everyone will try the crusader
at least on this thread we got all the lvl 60 gears ready to make the switch =)
shield check
strength based gears check
love of the shield check
Reply Quote
It was a busy weekend, but I managed to sneak in several runs and added few more PLs on my Barb. I'm becoming quite fond of her, now that I developed some sort of sense how to handle her. In fact, since I now fully intend to dedicate the time remaining until RoS to her, I decided that it's only fair to invest some gold into her improvement.

I got her new all around green upgrade of gloves and new shoulders. The later were a slight DPS downgrade and I also lost a bit of Armor, compared to my previous VW, but as this move allowed me to relocate the PUR in the shoulder slot, my boots became open for upgrade. The ever so helpful QHTran was kind enough to lend me his old pair, which added another 5K of DPS and put her over the 140K threshold.

I'm currently doing the good ol' MP10 CotA runs - mostly for XP, but I'm not adverse to the occasional Legendary or DE drop. It's a good farming spot for a Barb - WotB is easy to keep up, Rend works miracles in a tight crowd and with so many skeletons dying all over the place, everything stays reliably Thunderstrike-stunned. The only downside is that with my pathetic DPS, it literally takes mortal ages to kill the elite pack.
Reply Quote
Damn Fabby, didn't know you were self found like me! Gratz now I have a S&B self found mate!
Reply Quote
I think everyone will try the crusader
at least on this thread we got all the lvl 60 gears ready to make the switch =)
shield check
strength based gears check
love of the shield check

E.X.A.C.T.L.Y

I see that you "all" have a crazy funny love for the self-founder, probably because you never met one XD
You can hug me !
Reply Quote
Hey guys,

I'm taking a break from monk and working on my snb barb just need some tips in gearing, should I replace my belt for a witching hour and use my monks current sword for the life steal?

Any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
Hello everyone!

First of all, excellent information and posts, gz :d

I'm currently farming MP7/MP8, and although i'm comfortable with my build and gear, would like to hear some advices on how to improve (especially on gear) please!

One thing i noticed while simulating on D3Up is that the exchange of emerald for a ruby on the weapon is reflected in a significant increase of DPS (apparently I already reached the breakpoint).

Refering to build and skills, thinking of switching Tough as Nails for Superstition or Brawler; for the rest of skills, i really like this combination although its not "meta", it fits my playstyle :)

D3up: http://d3up.com/b/58713/aewyre

Battle.net: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Erunn-2290/hero/6734659

Thank you in advance!
Reply Quote
09/16/2013 05:03 PMPosted by Laurelynd
It was a busy weekend, but I managed to sneak in several runs and added few more PLs on my Barb. I'm becoming quite fond of her, now that I developed some sort of sense how to handle her. In fact, since I now fully intend to dedicate the time remaining until RoS to her, I decided that it's only fair to invest some gold into her improvement.

Spend a little, just don't go too crazy because with the pending expansion, all our current gear is garbage already...but I don't see anything wrong with spending a few hundred million gold just to make your playing a little faster and easier

Laurelynd, If you're comfortable running with only the 2.9LS on your sword, I have a witching hr belt that you can have. Its an easy 30k dps increase over your current belt.

Damn Fabby, didn't know you were self found like me! Gratz now I have a S&B self found mate!

Wanna, i just don't know what all the commotion is?? So my barb is 100% self found. I just don't understand why all these people hate self found barbs? Maybe you can decipher it and explain it to me ;)
Edited by fabbyhunter#1917 on 9/17/2013 7:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
hey guys and girl,

we just got call out! =D

Q - Sword and Board Barb

We just need them to change the flavor text to "Respect the Shield" and we'll be set.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]