Diablo® III

S&B QA - Part 10

09/23/2013 04:23 PMPosted by RagingKoala
Someone once told me that we generate fury when we block. I haven't reviewed video, but I do not think this is the case?

The new passive gives us 20 fury each time we block. However, currently we do not gain fury for blocking.
Reply Quote
I don't see much point in using a shield unless its a stormshield. There are better places to put a slot of AR. The block and elite reductions are no joke, they're really significant sources of EHP. I feel a pretty significant difference between a 20% sacred and a 34% ss.
Reply Quote
View profile
Ive not noticed anything in my survivablility other than a bit spikier arcane damages. I thought losing the melee/elite reduction and a lot of block would turn me into glass, glad this wasnt the case.

To me, I feel block might be overrated. You get more fury as Kan confirmed, and really, as long as your returning good amounts of life a second, that 3-4k health you save shouldnt be the difference between life and death.

My opinion, am still testing of course. Maybe its the fire res :P
Reply Quote
Take it a step further, drop the shield altogether, and put on a litany or some other similar EHP-centric swap and it'll probably be a similar story...just sayin'
Reply Quote
View profile
I think my S&B set up is pretty hunky dorey. What do ya'll think. I don't have the budget to upgrade off the AH now so can't wait for 2.0.

Trying to make a quad ammy and gloves. Also keep trying to upgrade my bracers and shoulders.

nice barb. I think you need a tad more life...closer to 60k and *maybe a tad more resists and you're solid.

i wouldn't get rid of those ik gloves though. The 2 piece IK bonus is powerful.

Do you really need tough as nails? i you'd be better off with a dps passive like brawler for faster killing
Reply Quote
View profile
09/23/2013 04:23 PMPosted by RagingKoala
Keep your eyes open for deals people

i couldn't agree more...great time to upgrade on the cheap.

I just bought a skorn for my monk...i think someone forgot to put a 1 in front of the price lol

And i just bought a mempo for my monk also...but its currently stuck in ah hell (i.e., hasn't been delivered yet). Mempo was about 40% off and the skorn was a complete steal. Mind you, the prices are currently adjusting though so bargains might not really be bargains unless you're comparing them to what they were 3 months ago

09/23/2013 05:04 PMPosted by silverfire
Take it a step further, drop the shield altogether, and put on a litany or some other similar EHP-centric swap and it'll probably be a similar story...just sayin'

or how about using both a litany and a purple frisbee for sleep walking mode?
Reply Quote
Oh hai! I see there are some monks in here! OMG! Names I recognize..

Anyway, been away from the game for a couple months but am a S&Ber. AH is crazy now, guess will try and sell some stuffs that has been sitting in my box for forever.

Anywayx2, I am back playing but prob not as much as I was! Figured it out to be around 62 days since launch and that is insane. I am not sure when I slept between lil one, FT job and d3..

HMU if anyone wants a running mate
Reply Quote
View profile
Wanna, i have a spare 4.5CC, 9ias nats ring in my stash if you want it. You mentioned you had to change the boots because you didn't have the ring. But if you're gonna give the ring away...

Thanks Fabby for your kind offer, if the person that gets the set wants to go Nats instead of IC I will gladly take you up on your offer.

I don't see much point in using a shield unless its a stormshield. There are better places to put a slot of AR. The block and elite reductions are no joke, they're really significant sources of EHP. I feel a pretty significant difference between a 20% sacred and a 34% ss.

This really depends on where you're at with your gear. As some of the brothers/sisters can attest, I have 0 problems with any content (can carry 3 dead MP10 ubers) without a SS. Now if you don't want to stack defense as I have then SS is definitely BIS.

Hiya bapdawg!
Edited by Wannabee808#1418 on 9/23/2013 8:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Sorry Tran, don't think I'll get on tonight. Will shoot for tomorrow!
Reply Quote
Ive not noticed anything in my survivablility other than a bit spikier arcane damages. I thought losing the melee/elite reduction and a lot of block would turn me into glass, glad this wasnt the case.

To me, I feel block might be overrated. You get more fury as Kan confirmed, and really, as long as your returning good amounts of life a second, that 3-4k health you save shouldnt be the difference between life and death.

So you're telling me that you trade 6 MR, 7 ER and 16% block for 3500 life and 50STR?

Don't forget that block comes after EVERYTHING else. So blocking 3-4k comes after all the other damage mitigation/reduction. So, at some point, for a lot of monsters, you can almost zero their damage. And for the rare occasions where you fight elites with melee affixes, its a whopping 13% damage reduction before you even block!! So, for example, you can die a lot less from those multiples exploding dead elites.
Reply Quote
View profile

So you're telling me that you trade 6 MR, 7 ER and 16% block for 3500 life and 50STR?

Don't forget that block comes after EVERYTHING else. So blocking 3-4k comes after all the other damage mitigation/reduction. So, at some point, for a lot of monsters, you can almost zero their damage. And for the rare occasions where you fight elites with melee affixes, its a whopping 13% damage reduction before you even block!! So, for example, you can die a lot less from those multiples exploding dead elites.

Thats what im telling you. Came out to 3800ish dps @ para 29 and a few k life.

So I added 3500 life, thats basically one block right there. Catch is, its there all the time, not just 34% of it.

I still have no issues with molten explosions. I could tank two back to back before the swap to a rare shield, and I can tank two now. Three and i died at my current health pool no matter what I wore (even a litany didnt save me, though it really helped.) Now if you dodge, then thats a different story.

Dont forget the more fury, which is really helpful also.

Its probably not for everyone, but if you can get a couple thousand health and damage for a mill? Why wouldn't you try it ;)
Reply Quote
I will have to try it out, if you look at my monk, i've got a pretty good stat stick for him (as kinda starter PvP). If I could find something similar for my barb, I'll try it.

Dont forget the more fury, which is really helpful also.

Its probably not for everyone, but if you can get a couple thousand health and damage for a mill? Why wouldn't you try it ;)

I believe the "more fury on block" is in the xpac, no?
Reply Quote
View profile
Guys...just a warning!

For those of you that use the AH/RMAH on both the buy and the sell.

There currently is an issue with Ah's processing transactions. People who bought items on Sept 17th still haven't received them. Some were luckier and got them 3-4 days later.

I bought a mempo for my monk yesterday, it shows up in my auction log, but the item was never delivered. I opened a ticket and get a quick automated response saying

(paraphrasing) we are blizzard...blah blah blah...we're not responsible...blah blah blah...can take up to 10 days to get your items...we're not responsible

This is BS. Everything i've bought up to now has been immediate delivery.

SO PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THIS HAS BEEN FIXED UNTIL YOU BUY ON THE AH's
Reply Quote
Oh! Thanks for the cue fabby!
Reply Quote
Guys...just a warning!

There currently is an issue with Ah's processing transactions. People who bought items on Sept 17th still haven't received them. Some were luckier and got them 3-4 days later.

I bought a mempo for my monk yesterday, it shows up in my auction log, but the item was never delivered. I opened a ticket and get a quick automated response saying

(paraphrasing) we are blizzard...blah blah blah...we're not responsible...blah blah blah...can take up to 10 days to get your items...we're not responsible

ask for a refund, and get the response "we can't do refunds" and watch it show up!
Reply Quote
View profile
09/24/2013 07:01 AMPosted by TheRedeemer
Oh! Thanks for the cue fabby!

There's an active thread in General forums about this. I wish i read it before i clicked on Buyout lol

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10038673867
Reply Quote
Got me the other day for a set of boots. They showed up a day later. The item I bought after the boots came right through though.

Whole system is screwed up and all the top items are locked at 0 bid so you cannot bid on them.

Watch out if you try to sell anything decent. Make sure you start the bidding at a price you are willing to take for the item.

More info on what is happening can be found here.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9792850433
Reply Quote
View profile
Guys...just a warning!

ask for a refund, and get the response "we can't do refunds" and watch it show up!

i didn't ask for a refund but I did read that they "don't do refunds". What a joke. but in reality, i don't want a refund.

I really want the mempo. I got it cheap. It was another one of those oasis in the desert buys. You scroll through item after item looking for what you want, then suddenly, you see this item that is priced like 50% below all the others. So you double check the stats to make sure you didn't miss something and you click buyout lol...
Reply Quote
Hi guys,

First of all,
Thanks for all SnB thread that make me join the club couple months ago :)

I jumped in to have some feedback from fellow SnB about my barb (Furybed p100 one in my account). I'm pretty happy of where he is actually, but I'm always trying to improve him hehe.

My current goal is to reach the 400k unbuffed (well in game with the passive !) dps + hp combined

What you guys think I should focus on?

I know my crafted gear are pretty average, I'm working on collecting essence for that now.

Most of the time I use Hota/Rend build in group or ww/hota in solo. I don't have any problem farming mp 10 or ubers also. Current build in profile is for Vota (I use leap to jump around the corner :) hehe )

I don't have billions of gold and don't use the RMAH. What gear you think I should try to change to improve my barb closer of my goal?

Thanks again for the good work on the forum for SnB community.

FuryBed, a proud SnB barb :)
Reply Quote
View profile
Got me the other day for a set of boots. They showed up a day later. The item I bought after the boots came right through though.

Whole system is screwed up and all the top items are locked at 0 bid so you cannot bid on them.

Watch out if you try to sell anything decent. Make sure you start the bidding at a price you are willing to take for the item.

More info on what is happening can be found here.

us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9792850433

wow this is another problem...people are losing items to zero bids lol...high end items getting sold at zero bid??? People ranting about losing billions on items.

So the moral of the story is: DO NOT SELL OR BUY ON AH RIGHT NOW UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Edited by fabbyhunter#1917 on 9/24/2013 7:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]