Diablo® III

Boneshatter 100% crit chance, damage bug

Things were fine until Boneshatter dropped.

Boneshatter legendary 2H mace is bugged. The paper doll shows 28K DPS but everything is an automatic crit and doing 350k-1.5M crits with 100% crit chance that doesn't show in paper doll or character stats.

I switched back to my Faithful Memory still in my inventory, damage is normal. Crits in the mid 20's with 50% crit damage and 18.5% crit chance.

Switch back to Boneshatter, instant 400-500K crits, hydra, storm armor all critting for over 1M regularly. Glitched even after restarting the game completely.
Reply Quote
It has something to do with the slain enemies remain at rest even though hits are not killing blows. Actual damage is correct even if the floating combat text is inflated by the affix.
Reply Quote
"enemies rest in peace" is supposed to do that, the killing blow is some ungodly, unreal promised crit that is just there for comical reasons I imagine. Maybe a DH with grim reaper could benefit from it, but...
Reply Quote
"Slain enemies rest in pieces"
Reply Quote
yeah it's definitely broken. having the same issue on the xbox version.

5-7K crit hits 75% of the time... with the boneshatter.

i just switched weapons because it was no fun killing everything so early in the game.
Reply Quote
20 Undead Priest
Yeah I picked this weapon up and my dps didn't budge much from my other weapon but I began to hit like 5k on all my hits lol. I thought i was reading the stats wrong for like 5 minutes. But no I realized this thing is bugged. As a warrior I'm just gonna stack vitality now and let this made carry me on.
Reply Quote
20 Undead Priest
I noticed the weapon only works on adds, as for bosses it deals the damage it normally would if not bugged
Reply Quote
20 Undead Priest
So apparently the mace only does high damage on a killing blow which therefore makes no difference for any other weapon besides the useless massive dmg, this weapon may seem powerful but it's actually not more than any other legendary. Maybe it's not bugged
Reply Quote
it was fun to watch I was hitting 20m crits with it *sigh*
Reply Quote
19 Undead Warrior
What I have noticed though is that since they're technically crits; skills that rely on it should work.

I haven't had much time to test it with very many skills, but with Storm Armor-Shocking Aspect it will proc the rune. I can't say 100% if this is the case, since I have no way of telling if it was a crit already for the hits that procced.

It doesn't appear to proc Critical Mass however. The other thing I noticed was that enemies killed by my Storm Armor's rune were able to be revived. The rune hits for a normal amount and under no circumstances that I have found so far will the huge crits be applied to monsters killed by it, thusly not providing revive immunity.

Also not quite clear on how the mechanism works. Is it purely asethetic; in the sense that it checks if your blow was a killing blow already and just adds big numbers, or if it's triggered by the monster dropping below a certain %. The former seems more logical, but I haven't been able to test it on a high enough difficulty yet to get monsters that low without one shotting them anyway. This is the first boneshatter I've had drop, so I'll have to do some more tests to determine.
Reply Quote
71 Undead Warrior
just got another weapon with "enemies rest in piece" and i'm getting up to 300 million damage crits with boulder toss :3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]