Diablo® III

No more AH

(Locked)

BEST NEWS since D3 Announced...this team might actually have what it takes to rescue this game. I am deeply, deeply impressed with this decision. Bravo!
90 Night Elf Druid
Awesome change

Appears that xpac coming out shortly after March 2014

Still with no controller support I'm probably gonna stick with the console version over the RSI inducing PC version.
I'm more interested to know if this news is actually telling us the release date of loot 2.0. March seems a long way off for that but I don't think they'd release loot 2.0 with the AH still intact.

Or maybe they would because they plan on releasing loot 2.0 a VERY short time before the expansion. Maybe we'll see RoS shortly after the AH removal?

i was thinking this same thing.

about the AH being removed, i dont really care to much. i never used it a lot but i really liked having a better system for trading than was in D2. in a way trading in D2 was a lot of fun just because of the barter system, and D3 could turn out like that. but i think we will still have a lot of people just resorting to trading for gold. i also hope that another method of making trading slightly more streamlined is added. i dont not want to open up a chat or something and seen nothing but tons of people spamming WTB and WTS over and over again.

Like when you could sell items for a SOJ amount.
I actually enjoyed playing the AH.

Now, after March 2014, I guess play time will drop. Without the AH, gold will have little use now. They need to implement a better trade system as well as a better Gold sink. In my honest opinion, the AH made it easier for casual players to sell gear.
Community Manager
To help keep discussions in a centralized location, please feel free to join in on the discussion regarding the Auction House Update on this thread here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9972358315
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]