Diablo® III

Hardcore too?

Hey guys I'm sorry if this has been asked or answered elsewhere..

Is the auction house being removed from hardcore side as well? I did read the notice and all the other forums posts but couldn't find any clarification to this. Thanks in advance. :P
Reply Quote
No they decided to keep it for HC. Because that would make so much sense when they removed it from everything else...
Reply Quote
Edited by jonclau#1835 on 9/4/2015 11:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
They're removing all forms of the Auction House from every game mode. Hardcore will no longer have an Auction House as well.
Reply Quote
09/17/2013 12:09 PMPosted by trmg
No they decided to keep it for HC. Because that would make so much sense when they removed it from everything else...
Reply Quote
View profile
Wait, there was an AH on the HC side too? That is the least HC thing I've heard.
Reply Quote
Yes, hardcore too.

Don't worry though, the 'RMAH' on HC will continue to be as active as ever.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee

Is the auction house being removed from hardcore side as well? I did read the notice and all the other forums posts but couldn't find any clarification to this. Thanks in advance. :P
The gold and real-money auction houses will be shut down on Tuesday, March 18, 2014, and yes, that includes the Hardcore auction house.
Reply Quote
hhhhahahahahahhahahaha
Reply Quote

The gold and real-money auction houses will be [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9972208129"]shut down on Tuesday, March 18, 2014[/url], and yes, that includes the Hardcore auction house.

The second coming of loot will save the righteous demon slayers from the grips of despair and non epic feelings!
Reply Quote
gooooooooddddbbbyyyyyyeeeeeee Jay Wilson!!!
Reply Quote
View profile
09/17/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Nightprowler
Wait, there was an AH on the HC side too? That is the least HC thing I've heard.

This, right here.

Never understood why anyone felt "hardcore" by flipping items and buying overpowered gear. Worst part, from what I've heard, the HC Auction House was a much "healthier" economy. In other words, people would often put blue and even white items up there because people were buying them in hopes they could fend off death as easily as possible.

There really doesn't seem anything hardcore about that at all. The lower you make the challenge bar in Hardcore, the less "Hardcore" it becomes.
Reply Quote
Couldnt agree more :)
Reply Quote

The gold and real-money auction houses will be [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9972208129"]shut down on Tuesday, March 18, 2014[/url], and yes, that includes the Hardcore auction house.

you do know if your player base dont have time for a job, they cant buy your next game right.
Reply Quote
I'm a little conflicted about this.

I see 2 problems with this - In the trade chat it's gonna be swarmed with "Want to sell
[INSERT ITEM FOR SELL]

And another is the gold problem - Only thing it seems use for is to craft after we remove the auction house. Unless they have a way to compensate for the loss of auction house.
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm a little conflicted about this.

I see 2 problems with this - In the trade chat it's gonna be swarmed with "Want to sell
[INSERT ITEM FOR SELL]

And another is the gold problem - Only thing it seems use for is to craft after we remove the auction house. Unless they have a way to compensate for the loss of auction house.

So you're concerned the game will become D2?

Nah, don't worry. It won't stoop to that level.

I think it is a very safe bet that Blizzard will be introducing and facilitating appropriate chat channels for that type of garbage, as well as the ability to create named games and whatnot. Just you wait.

As for gold sinks, I'm sure we'll see a handful of new things that will give our constant grinding the satisfaction of being overly wealthy.
Edited by Giraffasaur#1856 on 9/17/2013 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
HAhaha I told people to not invest in anything!
Reply Quote
all this tells me is that blizzard has realized it cant screw its fanbase anymore with not fixing their pc version of D3 and instead focusing on making more $$$ by focusing on porting to console and creating the expansion.... so they toss us a bone and remove what we all knew broke the game coupled with garbage loot tossed out there just to make that money JUST in time to make us all feel that blizzard actually cares so we can give them $40. I see you there blizzard.
Reply Quote
Is this a permanent removal of the AH's?
Reply Quote
nice channels full of "WTS xxxxxxxxx" and "WTB xxxxxxxxxxxxx", and if we want to trade either read this crap or go d2jsp and search for ages.....

annoying change, noobs and retards won.

And that on a loot based game without PVP which is just about loot and trading, must laugh.
Edited by Odin#1507 on 9/17/2013 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]