Diablo® III

CM Wiz and Ranged Mobs

Hi guys,

I'm trying to start to transition over to CM from my Archon spec now that my gear is a bit better (not great still but want to get to grips with the spec) but I'm finding that ranged mobs are the bane of my existence - is this a common issue with the spec?

Because most of my damage is short range, and because Frost Nova is also short-range, I'm finding that killing ranged mobs is a chore AND they can be dangerous because they're usually outside of Nova range.

Any tips on how to deal with ranged guys well?
Reply Quote
Yep, they are annoying. Two basic moves:

Teleport to them and draw the melee in.

LOS them. When they come around the corner to get you, they'll cluster up. Jump on top and hammer away.

Not much to do about ranged that are super-scattered, but the range of your nova and EB are more than it looks. You'll get better and landing in open space and still hitting 3-4 ranged standing a bit apart.

Oh, and pop DS before you go in.
Reply Quote
Your archon set is showing in your profile, so not sure exactly what build you're using. I would definitely use teleport with safe passage for some extra defense or with wormhole to provide faster movement. Teleport also allows you to quickly move away from annoying ground effects like molten/desecrator/frozen.

Ranged monsters are one the more annoying things to come across with a CM/.SNS spec, but teleport can help you keep up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]