Diablo® III

Maltheal

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Why didn't Malthael take Tyrael's soul in the cinematic? Did something stop him from taking it?
Reply Quote
Rubberbanding
Reply Quote
09/15/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Iniq
Why didn't Malthael take Tyrael's soul in the cinematic? Did something stop him from taking it?

Malthael realized that it was Tyrael. Malthael has no quarrel with Angels, mortal or immortal.
Reply Quote
09/15/2013 12:50 PMPosted by Cable01

Malthael realized that it was Tyrael. Malthael has no quarrel with Angels, mortal or immortal.

also all angels consider themselves brothers/sisters, and tyreal served as the embodiment of justice on the angiris council alongside malty for ... like forever

so lets review the reasons.

1. tyreal is an angel
2. tyreal is his brother
3. tyreal fought along side him for countless years
4. he knows tyreal would only act if he thought it was the just thing to do. and that tyreal would never betray heaven
5. tyreal possibly saved his life sometime in the past (he owed him one)
Reply Quote
People in the Lore Chat have posted that:

* El'druin cannot harm any being of righteous intent. (In the cinematic, El'druin passes through Malthael's body... probably showing that he has good intentions with his actions.)

* The Nephalem are a disturbance in the balance in the universe that was supposed to have only Angels and Demons. I can imagine Malthael couldn't care less for us... Maybe he puts us on the same grounds of demons.

* Tyrael, even though is on flesh and bones, still has an angel soul. Malthael, being a being of righteous intents won't hurt a fellow angel.
Reply Quote
09/15/2013 01:18 PMPosted by DOWNFALL

also all angels consider themselves brothers/sisters, and tyreal served as the embodiment of justice on the angiris council alongside malty for ... like forever

1. tyreal is an angel
2. tyreal is his brother
4. he knows tyreal would only act if he thought it was the just thing to do. and that tyreal would never betray heaven

If any of these reasons are true, then why did Malthael throw Tyrael callously and violently to the ground?
Reply Quote
View profile

1. tyreal is an angel
2. tyreal is his brother

If any of these reasons are true, then why did Malthael throw Tyrael callously and violently to the ground?

Because Tyrael was giving him an Indian Burn, did you not see that?
Reply Quote
I'm still trying to figure out why Blizzard is making villains from characters that have yet to be addressed IN GAME
Reply Quote
View profile
09/15/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Providence
I'm still trying to figure out why Blizzard is making villains from characters that have yet to be addressed IN GAME

at least we know demonified adria will be back...ugh...

other than that how many times can they bring back the prime evils?
Reply Quote
View profile
09/15/2013 02:05 PMPosted by DexterousGek

Well, how many times can you use the title "Final Fantasy" before people begin to question the word choice of "Final"...
Reply Quote

Come on, this was a serious question.
Reply Quote
View profile
09/15/2013 02:06 PMPosted by fingrknitter

Well, how many times can you use the title "Final Fantasy" before people begin to question the word choice of "Final"...

at least Final Fantasy takes place in different worlds and universes. they don't try to keep rehashing the same lore.
Reply Quote
09/15/2013 02:05 PMPosted by DexterousGek

As many times as there's going to be a game. I love how in both d2 and d3, diablo managed to not be the main villain once the xpac rolled around
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

* El'druin cannot harm any being of righteous intent. (In the cinematic, El'druin passes through Malthael's body... probably showing that he has good intentions with his actions.)

* The Nephalem are a disturbance in the balance in the universe that was supposed to have only Angels and Demons. I can imagine Malthael couldn't care less for us... Maybe he puts us on the same grounds of demons.

* Tyrael, even though is on flesh and bones, still has an angel soul. Malthael, being a being of righteous intents won't hurt a fellow angel.

But it looked like Maltheal tried to take his soul and almost did it but then reconsidered(or something stopped him from taking it) and then he violently threw Tyrael on the steps. Didn't look like he didn't want to hurt him.
Reply Quote
Because he wants to kill all demons, and tyrael is no demon.

Humans are half demon, thats why he killed the othere humans in there.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Also, another question. Why is his head so unnaturally narrow?
Reply Quote

Come on, this was a serious question.

Lol

Intimidation. Angels would never kill one another but they can still fight or quarrel with one another as seen with Imperius and Tyrael opening scene of vanilla D3.

I always imagined him going: "this is Tyrael...why is he mortal..Tyrael you're an idiot *throw violently*"
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 9/15/2013 2:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Isn't tyrael human now or is he still technically not???
Reply Quote
View profile
honestly i think the lore junkies spend a whole lot more time than the actual dev team on story. I have a feeling they just said "well, tyrael CAN'T die, so let's just have him throw him around a little".
Reply Quote

But it looked like Maltheal tried to take his soul and almost did it but then reconsidered(or something stopped him from taking it) and then he violently threw Tyrael on the steps. Didn't look like he didn't want to hurt him.

Tyrael became human... And Like Abyhasin said, humans are half-demons.

Maybe Malthael just wanted was to scary Tyrael away. Maybe he sent this message: "Listen... you have an angel soul, but you're human now, your voice has no value to me anymore don't you dare stand in my way..."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]