Diablo® III

modded and duplicated items exploit rampant

(Locked)

I usually do not post in forums but I have been playing on 360 and 90% of the people I see have modded items such as the azurewrath sword(there are currently two i have seen a lot one that hits 4000+ and the other hits 14000+ base damage stat), are constantly asking me to "dupe" my items sending me messages, all the best possible legendaries that are being duplicated This has already ruined the game for the legit players because people with these items have already farmed the best items in the game on master V and then duplicated them as many times as they want. Many people have millions of gold and all their sockets filled with marquise gems and the game hasn't even been out very long. Ive seen multiple 100th paragons. The matchmaking is amazing on this game but i literally cannot join a legit game there is always somebody hitting over 1 million DPS and the game just isnt enjoyable. It seems to be to late even if something could be done. If all the people who modded where banned which probably wont happen, it would still leave all the people who have gear that was all duplicated by a glitch, people who have farmed gear with other duplicated gear and passed it all out gladly, and so on it has already spread insanely fast. I would like to see players have to actually earn the gear, play the game how it was designed, not boast about there modded duplicated gear The modders and those who exploit the game should be banned to create a more legit community. I hope this could be useful
09/16/2013 10:44 AMPosted by Jim
I usually do not post in forums but I have been playing on 360 and 90% of the people I see have modded items such as the azurewrath sword(there are currently two i have seen a lot one that hits 4000+ and the other hits 14000+ base damage stat), are constantly asking me to "dupe" my items sending me messages, all the best possible legendaries that are being duplicated This has already ruined the game for the legit players because people with these items have already farmed the best items in the game on master V and then duplicated them as many times as they want. Many people have millions of gold and all their sockets filled with marquise gems and the game hasn't even been out very long. Ive seen multiple 100th paragons. The matchmaking is amazing on this game but i literally cannot join a legit game there is always somebody hitting over 1 million DPS and the game just isnt enjoyable. It seems to be to late even if something could be done. If all the people who modded where banned which probably wont happen, it would still leave all the people who have gear that was all duplicated by a glitch, people who have farmed gear with other duplicated gear and passed it all out gladly, and so on it has already spread insanely fast. I would like to see players have to actually earn the gear, play the game how it was designed, not boast about there modded duplicated gear The modders and those who exploit the game should be banned to create a more legit community. I hope this could be useful

Game is best played solo or with friends, the online is super broken with lag or has lots of people asking you to dupe every single piece of gear you have and also claiming you either dupe or you hacked the game.

This is why I do not play online.

My wiz has 325K buffed DPS hydra / Inseneration wizard and I am farming Master 4 solo ubers on PS3.

all 100% legit never duped nor cheated the game in any way.
Also para 14.
Is Blizzard going to do anything to fix this? Why not integrate with Battle.Net?

Not only will the characters be on their server but people won't be able to cheat ever so easily. It would definitely give the community a huge jump. Pc/PS3/Xbox all gaming together. If you can access games on a phone app as to where people can access that game on their computer and play and still interact with one another then why not these worlds? After all PS3/Xbox is basically a computer any way. It can be done and should be done. Also, I hope to see how they're going to fix these problems because other wise. Diablo 3 won't last a year on console.
yes i just hitted over 500k dps buffed paragon 43, 100% legit

I even told i friend of mind that said he just found Azurewrath with 4036dps 3sox i wouldnt play with him if he used it when hes playng with me..

Even if he did find it legit i cant see why it can be dropped i have found to azurewrath each with 1500+ dps 0 sox so i dont believe u can find it.

Becuase there is a program on pc where u can make u own items with the stats u want and then connect the pc to the xbox and tranfer the items to u "save" on xbox..

But if its true u can roll that high dps and 3sox on azurewrath even that i didnt with the 2 i found it sucks big time becuase u dont need that high dps to play master5 with 4player.
Well, it is true that if you play for thousands of hours, you will find a high dps weapon. But by high DPS, I'm talking about 1500+, not 4000+.

I just got off a game with a person telling me how to play my Demon Hunter. Oh, and he can craft every set item in the game, 100% legit man! It's different than the PC he says. He just happened to craft that 14k Azurewrath too. So when I asked what the mats were, he stated he found it off the Diablo 3 site, and I could go there to check. Of course, having my laptop close by, I ask what the address is, and he couldn't tell me it. But his blacksmith could craft all of that. So I ask what the mats were, and he doesn't even know what they're called. Of course, when he goes to craft it, he heads back to his stash, because he needs to use his PC... Why would I listen to a cheater who hasn't even played this game for more than a few hours on how to play my demon hunter? Of course the skills you suggested would be better when using 8 million dps. But I'm an honest play who only has a few thousand dps.

I wouldn't say the majority of players are cheaters, but it's more and more common. And while I also think duping is cheating, I can at least tolerate them as they're within the boundaries of what's possible in game. (There's not much difference between a duper and someone who's put in way too much time into Diablo 3).

But why should I have to play offline if I want an authentic experience? Why should I have to play with people I know irl? That's part of why online connections exist, to meet new people for these games.
I also agree with this.
There needs to be a patch soon to fix this before its too late.
And if possible all duped items should be removed from the game.
Hi everybody i dont understand why you worry so much about modding in a game if you dont like it go play some other game this is a videogame not real life kids grow up i work and dont have time to grind gear for month get a job and stop crying about it
09/28/2013 02:38 PMPosted by SPCBonilla
Hi everybody i dont understand why you worry so much about modding in a game if you dont like it go play some other game this is a videogame not real life kids grow up i work and dont have time to grind gear for month get a job and stop crying about it

I'm not one to care about this topic personally but your comment is confusing. You don't have time to farm so you buy a game that in every iteration has been nothing but a farm fest and then you take the time (which you have none of) to level a character to sixty, play though 4 difficultly levels and hack items so you can do what exactly? Really there are only two things here left to do. One is farm which you can't do and the other is, and this is a stretch even for me, beat the game on a higher monster power. Sounds like someone wasted sixty dollars.
50 Worgen Warrior
you guys should play hardcore, thats the legit game. ive never seen any modded weapons on hardcore mode. and if your not good enough to play hardcore then your noob because its easy
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]