Diablo® III

Speculate! Absence of AH will mean..

Yeah I wouldn't cash out come rely but perhaps cash out and regear tithe point where you are completely comfortable knowing that your gear will be worth nothing eventually. My wiz is worth maybe $50-100. I'm completely fine with losing that money some day. I wouldn't be comfortable with losing something worth a thousand or greater.
Reply Quote
Also, its going to be funny who ends up sitting around with trillions of basically worthless gold.
Reply Quote
Yeah Booz, I wasn't suggesting a sell off of one's gear.

9 times out of 10, the best action is inaction.

But it doesn't really matter what you or I think. All that matters is what the general population DOES.

Commodity prices are upwards of 40-60% higher than last 8 days of trading.

Brimstones were above 10k a little while ago (since then it has corrected)

Amethyst FSQ was 824 when servers came up, and are now well over 2k

Emeralds FSQ rose from 4-6.7k.

Rad Star Emeralds rose from 22.8m to 34 (at their highest so far).

That's just what I've tracked so far... This is the "knee jerk" spike I was talking about.
Edited by Melkor#1521 on 9/17/2013 2:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/17/2013 01:16 PMPosted by Boozor
Also to casual players wow this is a massive blow to weekend warriors or guys that CANT grind all time.

I have more sympathy for the guys that currently farm all day, who don't have the real-life money to buy gold or items on RMAH, and who have absolutely nothing to show for it on their character because finding good gear for your own toon in this game just doesn't really happen.

Pay-to-win in any game is just freaking stupid. It's already bad enough that people with lots of money in real life have more advantages than the rest, and for that real-life advantage to carry over to a videogame and for those people to be the top players is just absurd. More time spent playing a game should always equal greater rewards than those who can't put the same amount of time into it. People like Pichapie who have put an enormous amount of time into the game should be among the best, not they guys that have the largest disposable real-life income. If you can't dedicate the time to a game like this, then you should learn to be content with not being among the best geared.

Besides... with the upcoming changes to the way loot will drop in the game, people really shouldn't be overly concerned with having to farm 8 hours or more a day, 7 days a week to be decently geared. And from the data-mined stuff, it looks like they might let us set up guilds or clans or whatever, which can give players a good method of trading amongst people they trust. Hell, if they let us set up a guild, we can always just make one comprised of the folks from this here Wizard message board and trade amongst ourselves. I think it might actually be pretty fun.
Reply Quote
Hell, if they let us set up a guild, we can always just make one comprised of the folks from this here Wizard message board and trade amongst ourselves. I think it might actually be pretty fun.

This, times a thousand.
Reply Quote
I couldn't have said it any better Malakai.

Wow, I really don't know what to think of this news right now.
Reply Quote
I can be guild leader
Reply Quote
I agree though I've played the game a ton and haven't found any drops most of my gear from auction house flipping or crafting. Taking away the ah won't hurt as long they make drops, actually drop and reduce crafting and combining costs so it doesn't take ages to do something.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
I'm really surprised. I though AH, esp RMAH, would be here to stay just because of the cash flow that it brought to Blizzard. That means:

1) AH doesn't bring that much $ to Blizzard
or
2) They care about the game more than $

Somehow, I can't imagine either of those as being true...in the most jaded sense, of course. Maybe I'm wrong...and I hope I'm wrong. But this is corporate America, after all. So:

3) They will find other ways to generate extra $
and/or
4) They are content with their revenue stream from sales of D3 and future XPAC

Dunno. Wow.
Reply Quote
09/17/2013 02:14 PMPosted by JellzRoc
I can be guild leader

who ends acts without anyone knowing
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
09/17/2013 02:14 PMPosted by JellzRoc
I can be guild leader

Leader of the Lollipop Guild. Maybe.
Reply Quote
09/17/2013 02:25 PMPosted by Void
I can be guild leader

who ends acts without anyone knowing

lol
Reply Quote
3) They will find other ways to generate extra $
and/or
4) They are content with their revenue stream from sales of D3 and future XPAC

Make enough money off Diablo 3 and expansion (and second expansion), and WoW, to fund Titan to completion, then rake the profits from Titan.
Reply Quote
I wonder what exactly their plans for Titan are now. I was under the impression that D3's auction house was the test bed for Titan's future micro-transactions. But clearly they weren't any happier with how the AH's played out than the player base was, so its unlikely that they'll be re-implementing it in a future game.
Reply Quote
2nd expansion, calling it

after that, MMARPG lulz
Edited by pichapie#6783 on 9/17/2013 2:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
2nd expansion, calling it

after that, MMARPG lulz

innterresssttinnggg
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
I'm really surprised. I though AH, esp RMAH, would be here to stay just because of the cash flow that it brought to Blizzard. That means:

1) AH doesn't bring that much $ to Blizzard
or
2) They care about the game more than

Whatever hushes the tinfoilers preaching that Blizzard only seeks to profit off of the players and puts gameplay at the bottom. It doesn't matter how big a company is. There may be numerous members in there that seek to generate as much revenue as possible with whatever means necessary. But in the end, a game company is still a game company. There will be people in there that are there because of their passion, whether that's designing games, playing the games, or being a part of the games' respective communities. As hard as it is to believe, especially in today's world, sometimes passions outweigh monetary gains.

Call me an optimist, but I believe Blizzard works each day to figure out ways to improve its games and grant longevity to every one of their games. Removing the AHs is a way to promote longevity granted that the way loot drops in the game gets fixed. Trading will be another concern (and it's really my only concern) and we'll likely see numerous suggestions in the coming days, weeks or months, at least until Blizzard releases more official info.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
09/17/2013 02:37 PMPosted by silverfire
I was under the impression that D3's auction house was the test bed for Titan's future micro-transactions

Keep your eye on EverQuest Next and how those transactions will play out. ;-)
Reply Quote
It was an executive decision to end the act. Don't you want a leader that can make the tough "unpopular" choices?
Reply Quote
This is also interesting with the changes to the paragon system. Find a kick butt piece of loot to base a build around for another class? Just level up to 70 and you are good to go.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]