Diablo® III

Speculate! Absence of AH will mean..

09/19/2013 08:57 AMPosted by ChangBooster
Holy flying walls of text Batman! Malakai and Murderma, got mad respect for both you hombres. What a great discussion!

I think he was able to convince me on a lot of his points so it's all up to waiting to see how Blizzard implement the new system.. if they disappoint though... oh boy...

As for the gear, I really don't know what to think. On one hand, the mystic will be a game changer. Let's take lacunis for example (not really lacunis but some hypothetical item from RoS with random affixes). You find a "lacuni" bracer in RoS. It has a very high chance of getting your main stat, let's say int. It's also likely going to have a much better chance of getting a very good eHP stat like vit or all res. Third stat is irrelevant because you can make it into crit with rerolling that affix at the mystic. So item drops with int/RA/x. In current game, if x =/= good CC, you've got a brimstone or maybe a little bit of gold if you're lucky. In RoS, if x =/= good CC it doesn't matter because you can fix that @ mystic.

Best example would be Mempo... if it's not 9/6.. you can find a 9/rubbish stat and ask Mystic to roll your way to victory. It'll drastically decrease the value of all Mempos though.

And yeah, I see it as a really good way of getting perfect gear, but it'll still be based on the current i63 standards. Max stats on whatever slot might be increased in the expansion meaning re-rolling one stat might not be enough. This is why items like Triumvirate will be very very strong... get perfect 6/6/6 and roll average damage.

BoA is a bit ugh.. but understandable. Commodities will need some sort of trade system. Picking up thousands of them is too tedious not to mention filling up your inventory with crap.

I still think scamming will be running a new high with third party sites reaping the benefits.
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 08:07 AMPosted by pichapie
make content phenomenally interesting and people will play for hours regardless of their social status in life

Pretty much this. +1
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 10:19 AMPosted by MrDuMa
Best example would be Mempo... if it's not 9/6.. you can find a 9/rubbish stat and ask Mystic to roll your way to victory. It'll drastically decrease the value of all Mempos though.

Got a 200 Int one in my stash right now that I plan to do exactly this with. Cost a million gold.
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 10:48 AMPosted by Ossian

Got a 200 Int one in my stash right now that I plan to do exactly this with. Cost a million gold.

But was it 200Int, 9IAS, 12% Life and 80AR? Go for max everything!
Reply Quote
11 life and 76 AR
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 11:08 AMPosted by Ossian
11 life and 76 AR

Brimstone. Nao.
Reply Quote
My Mempo even has 450 armor hehe

It's possible that max CC on items new rolls will be cut in RoS though.
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 07:49 AMPosted by jenpeezey
Like those jerks who think they're better than others because they read the book years before the movie came out because they think that makes them some kind of authority on the matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CLCOvZOh1o

But Malakai, the books are better. ;-)

ahaha axis of awesome - ahh Jen i think my crush factor might supersede Melkors rigth now ;)
Reply Quote
View profile
Before the announcement of the removal of the Auction houses, there was a long discussion (among many many of these) in general about how the BOA targeted drops. It was general, so the discussion quickly devolved.

My only post in the topic was simply that I would really like a system where your character ended up something like this:
75% of your items were self found, 25% you traded for, and after 500 or so hours you had a pretty darn good character.

I mentioned in that thread that since we have an Auction House, I didn't see how that was really possible without a decent amount of pretty near top tier BOA items. This is for the obvious reason that in the same amount of time you spent trying to gear your character you could easily get vastly better gear in the AH.

So I personally hope that by removing the AHs and improving the drops (BOA or not, whatever), maybe I can make my toon that way.

And this is coming from someone that has 3 near paragon 100 characters not using a single self found item (as I'm sure most folks probably are.)
Reply Quote
I have been reading the debate on the removal of the AH and both oponents have valid arguments, but there is nothing that can be done to make a comprimise. it is one or the other which really sucks.

I have seen comparisons to D2 and I just find it hard to accept the comparisons as valid. D3 is a very different concept than D2. D2 was damage based on skill allocation and stat allocation ie lvl 30 Frozen Orb vs levl 5 frozen orb, or High Dex on Amazon for bow skills rather than high strength for melee skills. D2 required thought while building your character as to doing more damage or having more defense etc. etc. You could still complete the content with just white items if you had to. No it was not as efficent but it would work. Therefore self found was possible and the item drop rate of usable equipment upgrades was high which in turn made the item hunt more rewarding.
As an example you could make an effective javazon without Titan's revenge, Andy, Arkain's Valor, Magefists, and SOJ, but when one dropped in game you were pumped up because of the possitive effect it would have on your character.

D3 is way too item dependant, the items are rediculously random, and the drop rate of legendaries is to dismal. Most "rare items" are sold for a coulple hundred gold to the vendor out of spite.

It should never come to the players mind, when the legendary drop tone rings, the beam of light shoots from floor and the orange star appears on the minimap, how crappy this legendary will be. It should be a decent, usable item ALWAYS no exceptions.

It should be a hard choice to turn a leg into a brimstone not the norm. You shoul never see a 1200 DPS Echoing Fury or a 650 DPS echong fury. That just makes ant usable weapon stupid rare. This makes the AH neccesary and will suck when it is removed. They will have to do a major re-work of the game mechanics to validadte the removal of the AH. I am not confident they can and will do such a re-work.
Reply Quote
It's probably a good idea to buy all kinds of cheap gear from the AH to enchant for later for different builds and classes to prepare for it's removal.

But there are still many unanswered questions.

The latest thinking I heard from the devs was that they would be making item enchants based on character level. Does that mean lvl60 or lower gear can have 1 stat rolled to lvl70? Does that include the elemental damage roll? And does that include the AVG damage roll of orbs?

Could be CC/IAS/CD rolls are being nerfed in RoS. If that happens, are they going to be nerfing existing items as well, like they did in the past with IAS or will they keep them unchanged. If existing gear remains as it is, and CC/CD/IAS rolls will be nerfed, and existing gear can have 1 stat enchanted to lvl70, and it will include even the weapon/orb/mojo damage rolls, then that could mean that lvl60 gear will be relatively BiS unless there are some GG new set bonuses and other item bonuses added, 1 ring will certainly be used for GG bonuses.

I've seen a screenshot of a lvl70 legendary first weapon with 35CD. Now granted some of these low rolls could be precisely to keep Mystic busy. They have still mentioned in the past that they don't like the holy trinity of gearing atm.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CLCOvZOh1o

But Malakai, the books are better. ;-)

Sending that to my sister, she's gonna love it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]