Diablo® III

Gibbering Gemstone Xbox 360

Looking for someone who would be interested in farming for this, or someone has Chitara spawned in the game that would be willing to invite so i could get this done. It would be greatly appreciated. If you are interested, send me a request or message.

Gamertag: Deakins
Edited by Snake5192#1213 on 9/17/2013 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Took me maybe 10 minutes to get that gemstone.
Reply Quote
09/18/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Loggjaw

What's the point of this response? It took me 5 hours. Relevance??
Reply Quote
I looked for it all day yesterday, and not one spawn. So congrats to you, go get yourself a cookie.
Reply Quote
I know you don't want to hear it but I got 2 in my first 2 time. However I am trying to get one for my Grandson & have been trying for 3 days and no luck. I had no idea what it was for, so after finding second one I looked it up. Haven't found any since.
Reply Quote
Snake: Im sure you know all this but in case you don't and all the other newberts that I love to death don't either.......

Couple Pointers on getting that Gemstone:

1) It's the hardest piece to get, so don't fret. It's taken me 1 kill/drop when I wasn't going for it.... and it's taken me 15 runs when I was.... *shrugs*

2) Be sure to have as much MF gear on as possible.....

3) Drag as many other L60 toons you got on your account, they will increase the chances of Chiltara dropping at least ONE, and that's all you need forever.

4) There are two ways to run this:
A) Takes Longer; Better Drop Rate: Make sure you fill up on Neph Bonuses first.... X3 I prefer Rakkis Crossing, run it backwards till you get to the snow.... that is the zone for Caverns of Frost.

B) Gamble of Quicker Drop: Weaker Drop Rate: Start the quest that puts you right there and just run straight for Caverns every time with no Neph Bonuses.

5) Remember your goal; Caverns of Frost > Chiltara > Gemstone Drop. Try to avoid everything you can as to not slow you down.

NOTE: On this last one... keep in mind, if you see ICEFALL CAVES you will NOT see Caverns of Frost..... so just immediately exit out of your game and start a new one.

NOTE: Same goes for Chiltara. There is only one major boss on that second level of Caverns, if it's not Chiltara..... don't bother with anything else, just exit out.... or if you want the chance of some loot, kill that boss but then head out ASAP :)

All I can think of for now.... just trying to share some of the things I tried to do for my PC staff and now just a couple weeks ago for my Console staff :)

Good luck...
Edited by HellStorm#1172 on 12/11/2013 3:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Denndafist
I know you don't want to hear it but I got 2 in my first 2 time.

I decided to go after this one a few hours ago and got it on my second try. My magic find was at 396% but I had to weaken myself and my follower substantially to get it that high. You'll get 1% MF for every 5% a follower has approximately. If you're doing it with another player, the actual MF will be an average (so for two players, add both MF's together and divide by two). I also had three stacks of valor going in because it took me a while to find the cave on my second try. HellStorm gave some great advice that is definitely worth following! :-)

PS: Yeah, I know the original topic is from three months ago, before someone points that out to us hehe. Now I'm off to find Bashiok...
Reply Quote
Thanks Bramble! :) Glad it helped.....

As for the MF bonus being avg'd between characters.... Im not sure it works that way with the Gemstone does it? Only because its more of a Quest Item than it is a loot item.....

I know for a fact that if 1 falls between 2+ characters, both of them cannot pick it up. When they drop, they do so ONLY for 1 person specifically......

It also seems to be the way to go when it comes to getting more stuff to drop when farming loot..... its like the game is running 4 calculations of MF instead of just the 1, before it runs the waterfall of Attribute drops :P Granted the number that the game is using to calculate may be avg'd between all players on the board.... but pretty sure the game has to make a raw calc for each character as well.

Soooo, I just assumed that when it comes to this one, if you have a "dragger" or 2 or 3..... hehe.... they would increase the chances of it dropping.

With a friend, this wont help at all, because the item is non-tradeable..... but with your own chars from your own account, 1 could potentially drop for each one.... not that you need that many, but the potential is increased Im fairly certain :) So you just log out, log in the character that got it, then put it in the bank..... bingo bango !@#$o (seriously B O N G O was sensored? LOL).... all done :)

Good luck hunters and huntettes! :)
Edited by HellStorm#1172 on 12/12/2013 6:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hardest item to drop in game hands down.
Good luck brother
Reply Quote
09/18/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Loggjaw

Then you should have played lotto that day, because that's the textbook definition of luck
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 03:46 PMPosted by HellStorm
2) Be sure to have as much MF gear on as possible.....

3) Drag as many other L60 toons you got on your account, they will increase the chances of Chiltara dropping at least ONE, and that's all you need forever.

4) There are two ways to run this:
A) Takes Longer; Better Drop Rate: Make sure you fill up on Neph Bonuses first.... X3 I prefer Rakkis Crossing, run it backwards till you get to the snow.... that is the zone for Caverns of Frost.

These things have absolutely no effect on the drop. If she spawns, it's 100% drop. It's not like keys or organs that have a lower percentage based on monster power, magic find, or users in the game. It may just drop one if 4 players are co-op, but it will drop 4 if all 4 people are on different systems. It's a guarenteed drop.
Reply Quote
Not sure where you read this, but this has surely not been my experience. Ive had her spawn plenty of times and not gotten the drop. Hmmmmmm....
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 11:31 AMPosted by HellStorm
Not sure where you read this, but this has surely not been my experience. Ive had her spawn plenty of times and not gotten the drop. Hmmmmmm....

That is extremely unfortunate! It's slightly unrelated, but I have experienced and heard other players have similar issues with supposidly "guarenteed" drops with keys and/or organs as well. On Master 5 with a full 3 stacks of NV - keys or organs still don't drop. It must be a bad bug or glitch.

Regardless, it sucks. For both aspects. It's worse to have found her, and it not drop, as opposed to not finding her at all.
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 11:31 AMPosted by HellStorm

I know this may sound silly, but did you already have the gemstone at the time?
I ask because it is a 100% drop rate-
But if your character already has the gemstone, it's not like she drops duplicates
Like how you can get multiple black mushrooms, it doesn't work that way with the gemstone
Reply Quote
Actually she drops me dupes all the time *chuckles*...... and yeah, Ive experienced this... not just with myself playing...... hell she dropped one for me, and NOT for my buddy the other day..... and I already had mine :P

But I sat and watched my buddy play for a few hours (I was hung over, ugh) and I remember her spawning for him and we were stoked...... and then really bummed when the Gem didnt drop for him because he doesnt have his yet :(

Again.... hmmmmm...... maybe were in two different planes of existence? who knows....
Reply Quote
I got one my second try in the Caverns of Frost. But might I ask: What is it good for? I've been playing the game for nearly week and this is the first time I have even heard of it.
Reply Quote
12/17/2013 10:57 AMPosted by DizzyKnight1
I got one my second try in the Caverns of Frost. But might I ask: What is it good for? I've been playing the game for nearly week and this is the first time I have even heard of it.

One a the 3 parts needed to make staff of herding which is used to go into secret pony level (whimsy shire). Once you have all 3 parts, gemstone, mushroom, writs bell (bought from squit the merchant in act 2) you can buy the staff recipe from a vendor in act 3 to craft from blacksmith. I think separate recipes are required to be bought to upgrade staff all the way to inferno staff.
Reply Quote
Dont forget the plans from Izual in Act 4.... and yes, have to have Normal staff made, to make Nightmare staff.... then need Nightmare staff to make Hell staff... etc etc .....

Once you have the Infernal staff, you go to Act 1 to Road to New Tristram and talk to the Ghost Cow dude, who opens a rainbow portal to the zone mentioned above..... secret "Unicorn Level".... I almost had a seizure from all the pink and yellow..... ugh.... looked like Jerry Garcia barfed up a Diablo zone while on !@#..... (seriously L S D is sensored?) *shakes head*

Anyways, good luck :D
Edited by HellStorm#1172 on 12/18/2013 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
How do I give the Gibbering Gemstone to another player.
Reply Quote
I think you just drop it and let them pick it up.*shrug* works for everything else.It might be BTA(Bound to Account) I don't know.I think the drop for parts is random(I got the stone easy,it took me 72 hours,lot's of swearing and ridiculous amounts of coffee to get the plans-so hang in there kay?)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]