Great installer... but what about uninstall?

It's a great wrapper to launch our favorite games, but really... no way to uninstall once installed?
Reply Quote
Click that little thing that says options on the page for the game.
Reply Quote
You can uninstall it through the control panel actually. using the add or remove programs feature on windows 7.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Hello Ardham,

As our helpful community members have already pointed out the uninstall features do exist, they just take a bit of finding.

For the Desktop App itself you can uninstall it as your normally would any other windows program - through the Control Panel.

For each of the games you will find the uninstall feature in the Option drop down (located below each game logo and just above the news panels on the game tab screen).

Thanks!
Reply Quote
funny you say that, diablo 3 AND battlenet BOTH give errors when trying to uninstall via control panel. Ive spent 8 hours with no response trying to update battlenet. Now i just want these programs off of my computers. WHY are they integrated?? There is NO reason a program should have to contact the internet to uninstall. This is very disturbing, and i would like ALL blizzard products off of my PC's WITHOUT having to wait 2 weeks for a response from a tech support that doesnt solve the issues, they just push broken beta's on players.
Reply Quote
and why should uninstall features "take a bit of finding" ? seriously?
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 04:58 PMPosted by Optiknerve
funny you say that, diablo 3 AND battlenet BOTH give errors when trying to uninstall via control panel. Ive spent 8 hours with no response trying to update battlenet. Now i just want these programs off of my computers. WHY are they integrated?? There is NO reason a program should have to contact the internet to uninstall. This is very disturbing, and i would like ALL blizzard products off of my PC's WITHOUT having to wait 2 weeks for a response from a tech support that doesnt solve the issues, they just push broken beta's on players.

I am also having this issue. i cant play my game because the app will not update and i cant uninstall it through control panel because it says i need to update it before i can uninstall it. pretty friggin stupid blizz
Reply Quote
same problem here
Reply Quote
You might try all the fixes I have listed here -
http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/11422622266

Something on your computer is broken - it's not Blizz. I had a similar problem trying to just install one of their games and I made this epicly long forum thread on how it was fixed.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I think a simple uninstaller program would be nice though, I understand you can already do it in control panel, however I think if it was in "program files" as an executable it would be made much nicer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]