General Discussion

Jul 14, 2012 battle.net balance cant reach $250? my acc at $249.99 now, and i cant add 1 cent to make it $250 to buy an $250 item. any one know how?IntoTheRain3 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 An idea for future games... So today I just found out that the sequel to one of my all-time favorite games comes out September 18th. I first heard news of this game being made back in March-April timeframe, and while excited, prepared myself for the years of hype that they'd pump out for this game. But no, they're releasing the game in September, and now I couldn't be more excited. I'm sharing this because looking back at Diablo 3, I realize that there was just too much, for too long, about how great this game was going to be. You guys completely and utterly oversold and under delivered. You had a lot of great ideas, shared them with us, and then took them out, and the game we got is now, at least in my head, compared to the game we could've gotten. Some can argue that's not a fair thing to do; I disagree. Blizzard games used to be known as Triple-A titles. I personally don't consider you guys a triple-A house any more, but it seems like you could've used your revered status and kept quiet about this game, and maybe other games, and not released 4 years of marketing material on the game. I don't really see what purpose it serves to incite customers with so many great ideas, as you did, and let us watch as they slowly get nixed. It seems like a very poor way to deliver a game. i can't help but feel I'dve liked Diablo 3 better had I known less about it going in. Maybe that's wishful thinking, or hindsight, but I've never before been so disappointed in a game based on my hopes vs. reality as I have with Diablo 3. I can't be alone in that position. Please, in the future, start your marketing engines much further along in the development process.Fives1 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Zunimassa's Attunement ~ Voodoo mask Could someone please, please post an IN-GAME image of Zunimassa's Attunement? Not just the image of the item which is all over the internet, but what it actually looks like once equipped on a hero. I would really apreciate it. Don't wanna spend a ton of gold on it if I dont like the look, and I can't find it anywhere! Thanks in advance!Acerac2 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Diablo 3, the rest of the story: Disclaimer: This is purely speculation on my part but I do have supporting evedence. It is my personal opinion that the majority of the percieved flaws in this game are the simple result of it being played in a manner that it was not originally designed for. Please hear me out on this. The original plan for the inferno difficulty, and the endgame so to speak, was to have a forced MMO tier style progression. The players were expected to play act 1 Inferno for over a month to gather enough of their tier 1 raid armor, I mean I61 gear, before they progressed on to act 2. Then the same thing would happen again, and again for act 3 to gain the ultimate gear! And by the time the majority of the playerbase was finished with their 'champion raiding' either from bordome or because they have completed gaining their tier 3...er I63 gear set it would be just about time for an expansion to be released raising the ante to I64+ gear. And the Diablo playerbase was supposed to like it. This is why the silly item mod named 'resist all' was created and only given to high Ilvl items in any meanful quanity. This is why the enrage timers exist. This is why Blizzard thought the 'item hunt' endgame would have lasted/enticed the playerbase for a longer period of time. But shortly after launch a handful of players foiled those plans. They bashed their heads against the Inferno wall until they discovered a myrid of methods to skip the tier 1 and 2 raid gear and gather the best stuff. And a large number of players followed their example and the great 'vase smashing' and 'chest farming' tactics became commonplace. Blizzard was shocked. They reacted swiftly and without remorse. They began by nerfing the skills that allowed players to bypass the 'gear check' defensively causing many a hardcore death. They followed up by eliminating the ability to gain tier 3 raid, I really have to stop doing that, I63 items from chests and destructable objects for the most part. But they did throw the playerbase a bone, a tiny chance to find the I63 items in any Inferno act and by reducing the severity of the gear check/difficulty of the later Inferno acts. But to ensure that players stopped trying to progress before having good enough gear they upped the repair costs as well. And now players are bypassing the farming effiency gear check by swapping to their magic find gear right before they kill the boss/champion instead of being forced to find top end gear that also has magic find to begin with. But even this will not last long as it is currently the no 1 priority on the development team's fix it list. Now don't get me wrong, some people do enjoy that MMO style of gameplay and gear focused progression. And for those Diablo 3 is a hit. It is also still a hit for those who are ok with playing an RPG game for 40 or so hours and have no desire or concern for an endgame so to speak. And who knows, perhaps there is a great way to blend the MMO style of progression into an ARPG in a way that even I would enjoy, and perhaps blizzard will be able to do that after another 8 months of patches, we shall see. But the simple fact is this game was designed as a 'farm raid A to get gear to farm raid B to get gear to farm raid C so that when raid D is released in the expansion you can farm it as well'. And I see nothing in the future that will change that philosphy from the development team.bugoo2 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Expansion hints? That jewel Shen seeks? Or was that jewel from somewhere else(sorry didnt play d1/d2)? If it does become the expansion, it would be really lame.. I mean, he speaks of it so obviously like it was something relevant.. kinda spoils everything -_- I can't think of anything else to stretch the story further than this? Or maybe that original dragon god Tyrael mentioned. Idk. Any thoughts?Chansey16 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 So I just noticed... The gold auction house/real-money auction house is the only thing giving value to gold, and without it, gold would pretty much be as useful as it was in Diablo 2... pretty useless. I was thinking, why can't Blizzard make a server (like they do with HC) where there was NO auction house, but then I realized that on such a server, gold would have no use beyond repairing and crafting. Kind of disappointing isn't it?R4V3N0U50 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 The downfall of gaming - microtransactions I just installed a couple free games today from Steam. One was the new Tribes: Ascend and the other was called Blacklight Retribution. Both of them had what looked like microtransactions built in. This looks like it's the future of gaming and I'm not so sure what I think about it. With the RMAH in Diablo, the microtransactions I used to see in LOTR and now these games, it seems more and more like it's becoming main stream. Do you think this will kill gaming?Knavery83 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Live Stream Demon Hunter 100kdps Hey im just trying to show off and test my new live stream. A little about me? I'm trained by hardcore diablo veterans. I love the game. Killing all the evil. Making the heavens tremble is the best. I do a mix of all things like; farming acts 1, 2, 3. Three is very messy for me right now but im quickly getting there. I also have two main builds. One based on fear and knockback and the usual nether tenticals and hungering arrow. I take sugestions and like to chat with my viewers. come watch at 530pm est! http://www.justin.tv/zbshadowzbshadow0 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 RMAH Commods -- What Sells? So, I was just wondering what exactly are people buying from this? I see tomes and even flawless square gems can make you some money if you put it in there, but who would even buy that when its cheap on the GAH .. or am I wrong? Is it basically gems above flawless square selling? Exquisite essences? REVEAL TO ME!ggomg4 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 RMAH Currency Exchange Rate Conversion I'm doing some research for a project and can't seem to find any good information on the exchange rates from one region to another. Doing some Google legwork tends to turn up sketchy-looking sites that I'd rather not open let alone trust the information. Regardless of the RMAH hate that I see on here, I figured it'd probably be the better place to ask. In the FAQ, it says that the min/max prices for other currencies are based on their equivalent to USD. Does this mean that we're using current exchange rate data (eg. 1 USD = ~0.82 EUR, by my last check) as a basis? If so, wouldn't this mean the min/max prices for other regions will change occasionally while USD stays the same? If not, how does the conversion work for other currencies? Let's say that I want post an auction at the minimum price of 1.25 USD. Using the conversion rate, that means I'm looking at 1.03 EUR. That seems like a fairly odd number to have as a minimum price. It seems like, for that example, it'd probably be rounded off. Another strange case would be CLP (1 USD = ~490.22 CLP). That means the min is ~612.78 and the max ends up being ~122555. Again, a case where the numbers seem odd as a basis for min/max. TLDR: Are the min/max prices in other regions based directly on USD conversion or are they rounded off to something more logical?Muuma6 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Update on 3d vision fixes?? About a day after the game was released someone made a post about 3d vision and a blue or perhaps technical support had replied saying that blizzard would fix chat windows, floating text, and the mouse cursor in a later update. What I am wondering is if there is an update or if I could possibly get an update on when this is going to be patched into the game? Although, 3d vision is some what bearable in my opinion I would deeply appreciate these fixes. It does get annoying at times when I can't see my mouse or read item names.Malevo2 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Diablo 2 Boss Speaches This is how it was done more than 10 years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okoxHb6kaA8&feature=related . How the "Inferno" could you have failed the speaches so hard in 2012 with all the money and time you had to create this game. I spit on YOU BLIZZARD Activisionmatricelro883 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Make it possible to lock the skill bar. We should not be waiting for this to be an option still. You guys have known and freely admitted that its a problem and it drives even you crazy so why is it that we still can't lock our skill bars? We already have to suffer through your unrewarding loot system, we don't need more frustration piled on from this incomplete UI.Nith475 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Real easy way to get better drops If you need better gear for inferno I have an easy solution When you come up to enemies and kill them they usually dont drop anything. Set and legendaries never seem to drop enough but I found an exploit. If you let enemies kill you they will feel better because they can beat noobs up and drop more and better loot. The more times you let them kill you, the better it becomes. You cant do this naked because the monsters will know that you are trying to scam them of gg kills. For example if you let an enemy kill you 10 times while you have all your gear on, he will usually drop a lot better stuff. I let a succubus kill me 16 times and on the 17th time after like 80k in repairs, she didnt fight me instead I got an ouroboros legendary ammy, and what was wierd is she seduced me and then we banged each other. I got a legendary ammy and got laid!! Ownage. What more can you ask for??Points11 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Just for argument's sake Have a look at the link below...it deals with a lot of the ways that debates are manipulated by all manner of people and tactics. It is really very interesting to do a post mortem some of the official and less official statements made in these forums in the light of the link. Just for fun http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/rhetological-fallacies/Oldbugga0 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 theorycrafting- bonus to <spell> How does "Increases <specific spell> damage by X%" work? For example a chest with +5% bonus damage to evasive fire (DH only). Assume evasive fire is the only thing on your hotbar, how does that compare to straight dex? How does it work with the covering fire rune? (3 shots per activate). A prime stat is a straight 1% increase in dmg per point according to the char sheet mouseover. 1500 dex = increases all dmg by 1500%. So does that mean that 5% bonus to evasive fire is the same as 5 points of dex? It sounds like it does but that can't be right. To make it do anything at all would be a lot of man hours of extra coding for something that just doesn't matter that much. Anyone know how it works? Got a link?Tautology5 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 missing item. bought an amulet for 1.5mil happily went to my completed tab, send to stash and cant find it....?Dunder4 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Ghom With The Wind Dear Mr Wilson I'm standing here nude Repair costs are so high Can't even buy food 'Cos I spent my last $ Pawned all my loot To fix my one-hander And half a boot It's such a gas Filling the larder Maybe my vision is clouded But can it get any harder? Cracked sword in hand I'm broke, I'm enraged Good drops are a legend Can't afford to upgrade Hyper-inflation devalued All the gold that I made I can only afford The gravedigger's spade The botters took my stuff At a cut-rate price Then they doubled it To keep themselves in rice How can I farm Enough to buff a slot? Impossible affix packs pwn me One shot So what do I do To progress? Spend real money I guess Everyone cribs the system You can see it on YouTube Tips from pros For the noobs But why would I want To play someone else's game Are our cookie-cutter heroes All the same? You nerfed my fun By 20% AH profits Pay your rent But I guess I'm grateful I have clean underwear When public profiles go live My friends won't see me bare So please tell me sir Before I rage-quit When are you fixing This (censored)? --- Disclaimer: No trolls were harmed in the crafting of this poem.TheHornedGod0 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Diablo 3 Rage (When stupid cats attack!) Quick little rage comic I put together to explain the horrible thing that happened to me last night while hunting for Vendel the Armorsmith. http://cheezburger.com/6426005760Canethus0 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Random Tip: Gold Find is selling hot ATM If you have high gold find gear with some decent stats attached to it you can make good money off of those pieces. Blizz just issued a huge ban wave go gold farming bots so they're buying gear again for their new accounts. Just sold a few pieces of terrible gear for a lot of gold.Gentso0 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Left or Right with Diablo3? Would you rather Diablo3 lick your left or right !@#$%^-*?MuShMaN0 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Why bother crafting? It's expensive as hell, you have to break all the blues (as opposed to selling), and then you get some crappy stats 95% of the time. Why craft when you can use the AH? 10x faster and 10x cheaper. Stat/crafting system really needs to be looked atEbon95 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 I Quit until game is fixed/fun Sorry but I just can't wait any longer. My enjoyment is next to nothing at the moment. Hardcore was the last saving grace for me and was fun for a while. Right now my HC wizard is stuck at Ghom because the fight is broken and I don't want to waste my 80 hour character on a broken fight for casters. So basically all I can do is grind gear. Fixes to Diablo3 I am looking for: 1) Skill points... Right now all characters are the same. This is bland and boring 2) Non linear questing and rewarding side quests 3) More loot variation. Tired of looking for same stats on EVERY itemCrebstar8 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Magic Find swapping idea..... I had an idea, not sure if this is possible or even a good idea but here goes. Remove MF from as a stat entirely. Make NV stack indefinitely with diminishing returns as you get higher and higher (didn't do exact numbers but something like 1-5 is normal, 6-10 is 20% decreased MF, 11-15 is 30% decreased) something that keeps NV stacks accruing and encourages players to kill packs to get their MF instead of doing 1-2 packs over and over and gear swapping each time. Also, add a NV stack decay rate with time (10% each minute until you are back to the normal 75% for 5 stacks, once again, didn't do the math just a quick idea.) Change MF on gear to reduce NV decay rate up to a cap of say.....80%. This would give an additional stat to consider if you want your additional MF to last longer but isn't necessary if you can kill packs quick enough. This would encourage players to actually kill elite packs and would also discourage them from playing above their gear level and just quitting as soon as they got a pack they couldn't overcome. Also, seeing as how chests/breakables don't rely on MF there wouldn't be a need for MF on gear, it would all be acquired from NV and would suffer a decay rate that gets more severe as you get more MF encouraging you to kill more/faster.Vermithrax8 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 a Legendary!! in inferno!! a 1hand legendary crossbow droped for me in act 2 inferno. i was like OMG yes finally, an item with one of the most rare chances to drop in the whole game! for me! a lvl 61 legendary!!! Surely this will be a great item! .... it does 404 dps and has intelligence....Bacardi44 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 first time on the forum in 3 weeks.. ..last time i played d3. got so bored of this game and i've heard it's only gotten worse. my humble opinion: blizzard has lost it's way. they are very much from their prime as video game makers. something happened. perhaps it's the pressure to satisfy investors with an unfinished products. perhaps it's the loss of their best developers. either way, doesn't matter to me. is guildwars2 any good? i'm excited for lineage eternal..Twostep0 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 My acount proberly get hijacked! I have two acounts of diablo3(dont ask why!) And today i got a mail from Blizzard about that i have spamm the forum! So if enyone is offence of "my " Answer i must apologize but i don have been written on this acount for a long time And i have submit a ticket and change my pasword on my mail. Here is a copy of my mail from Blizzard.(And when i play diablo3 i dont even use this acount......... A user of the above account has recently been involved in actions deemed inappropriate for Diablo III by the In-Game Support staff of Blizzard Entertainment. Account Action: 1 Hour Suspension of Chat Privilegees Offense: Spamming This category includes: * Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish. * Saying the same phrase more than once in a period of 30 seconds. Based on a review of the information presented, this Diablo III account has had its chat privileges suspended. While the account has been placed under review, you will be unable to speak to other players via any avenue of Diablo III. Should spamming behavior continue, we may proceed to apply further penalties including extended suspension of chat privileges, account suspension, or account closure. Once an account has been closed, any characters, items, or auctions will be irretrievable. For further information, please review the Diablo III Policies and Terms of Use Agreement: (http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-policies) and (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/d3_tou.html). Any disputes or questions concerning this account action can only be addressed by Account Administration. To learn more about how Account Administration is able to assist you, please visit: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/account-administration-overview. Customer Support is not equipped to handle this type of account access inquiry via phone. You must contact Account Administration via a Support Site ticket: https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit. We understand that these policies may seem harsh, but they are in place to ensure that every player is able to enjoy their time spent on Battle.net. Thank you for respecting our position. Regards, Blizzard Entertainment Diablo III Customer Support http://battle.net/supportpetherf2 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Demon Hunter VS Wizard So initially I rolled a Witch Doctor, and I've been absolutely loving him. However I have been reading up that he's incredibly underpowered, not fun, and that he highly depends on boring tactics when he reaches level 60, which I'm planning on playing my mains to. Due to this fact I'm wanting to reroll, I figured I should do it now rather than later, I'm in Act 4 Nightmare on my Witch Doctor, and I'm level 48. - Can anyone suggest to me what I hsould play as? I want to choose between a Demon Hunter and a Wizard. I've heard they're both incredibly awesome and enjoyable, and tha they have similar play styles, so it comes down to how cool things are. I'd like to have a diverse set up abilities, and most importantly cool abilities that have flashy animations and stuff. Yeah yeah I know this sounds retarded but it makes my playing experience a lot more enjoyable, so if anyone could please suggest one and tell me why, I'd appreciate it. - Thanks in advance and I apologize for the specific desires.Jeff23 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 RNG means... RNG = Receive Nothing Good or RNG = Repel Newer Gamers or RNG = Retarded Numbers Gap How about the people who designed the loot system all run their payment compenstation the same way. "Hey Joe! How did the numbers roll on this pay period?" "Well Jim, it could have been awesome. I got really high benefits but really low base pay, no vacation and no all tax resist." Just thought I'd complain creatively. Have a good weekend everyone!StylePile2 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Advice From An Old D1 Warrior I have been somewhat hesitant to make my first post for a long while, but after playing the game several hours per day, every day since launch date, at this point I feel I can make a fair assessment of how I see this game. First, let me start by saying that I am a 54 year old man and not a teen age troll poster. Like many of you, I have been playing Diablo and following the franchise since its conception when D1 was released and absolutely loved the first two installments of the game. What you will read here is not that much different from the plethora of similar posts, however it is my fervent hope that if enough people like myself post, perhaps Blizzard will start taking substantial action to fix this game. The first couple of weeks after the release of D3 we started to see the negative posts pile on here, and I thought the online community was too quick to judge when D3 and would reserve my judgment for some time however I have come to understand and agree with many of those posters. It's been 12 years since the release of D2 and I believe Blizzard had more than enough time to give us a great game in D3, but the sad reality is, it appears like they have failed. Both D1 and D2 were excellent games (my personal favorites). Meticulous attention was paid to detail throughout the game design and they were tweaked, and balanced very nicely. Simply put, they were fun, and extremely memorable, I wish I can say the same about D3, sadly that is not the case, something changed drastically along the way in the design phase over these past 12 years, when it changed and more importantly WHY, is the main question. First, the difficulty of Inferno is simply stupid, and I mean it when I use the word "stupid". Even if you are an advanced gamer you will be stuck in Act 2 of Inferno because whatever gear you can earn (WITHOUT HAVING TO USE THE AUCTION HOUSES) would stop you from advancing. Second, the game isn't just hard, it's stupidly hard, yes I use the term "STUPID" again because sadly that is the best word to describe the overall design of D3. I cannot see one having fun when elite packs move a lighting speed and teleport all over you or your party doing DOT damage all over the place while putting up walls to avoid you from retreating to regain some HP. All this does is = "DIE, DIE, DIE". Third, for me Act II of inferno seems like end game, I cannot progress. When it comes to progressing in Act III, both I and my nephew spent countless hours farming acts I and II to improve our gear and stats to no avail . My nephew is playing a tanking monk and he can go in and solo the butcher when enraged in inferno, his resist is so high he can stand endlessly in fire and pools of poison in act I, but cannot even kill one single elite in Act III. I play a Witch Doctor and have more than doubled my DPS over the past week, yet it's futile because I die so quickly in Act III, there is not even a chance to do any substantial damage. Something is very wrong with a game's balance when you have over 40k HP and can die from getting 2 hit by a normal fallen in the beginning of Act III. Fourth Re; items, I never feel like I am being rewarded for the time I put into the game. Diablo 2 was about continually hunting for the rarest and best items in the game so you may kill quicker, and you DID wind up finding better and better gear as you went along, this is what is missing in D3 almost entirely. Legendary gear drop so rarely and when they do, most times the gear you are currently wearing is MUCH better. Poor design is highlighted by BOSS drops having almost no value whatsoever, killing Belial in Act III of inferno only to be rewarded with maybe one crummy gold and a little gold is SO frustrating and very disappointing to say the least. Gone are the days of D2 when you could farm for Unique and Rare items yourself, instead it seems like Blizzard has designed item drop rates around their desire to see their players use the auction house in order to make more money from their player base. Is this the answer to my earlier question of WHY was there such a drastic change in design between between D2 and D3? I would hope not but unfortunately it sure looks that way. I do not believe its right that one has to depend on either the Gold Auction house or the RMAH in order to acquire great gear but unless you're willing to spend countless hours surfing through pages of the Gold Auction House or spending real bucks on the RMAH you will be very frustrated as far as progressing in this game. In summation, because the storyline, graphics and overall quality of the UI are good, I do believe this game can be salvaged to some point, however this would require Blizzard to make some substantial changes to both game play balance and item drops, of course this would also mean that the auction houses would take a hit. The question is are they willing to sacrifice the profit they make from the auction house if the do implement those changes, or ruin the reputation of the Diablo franchise and the company itself? Will Blizzard even admit that these major problems exist and they have made major design errors? I would also like to think they would fess-up but they are a publically owned company and this is why we may never see that day.UncGriswold5 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 [Achievement Suggestion] - Balor Status I liked the armor achievements, and think it would be fun if that idea was expanded upon. How about achievements for equipping certain types are armor? For example, wearing all of the Balor armor (Pauldrons, Fists, Armor, Treads) would get you the achievement "Balor Status"QueueTip1 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Got my refund today from Blizzard Well after months of anticipation I can't tell you how disappointed I am with the release of Diablo III. Not being able to play single player quest off the grid is in my opinion a fatal decision for Blizzard. I have an Alien gaming computer with the top of the line equipment. After haveing a difficult start up and many tickets I was finally able to get my game started. I swear I played a total of 5 days then was locked out due to the red ring of PATCH. after the patch I was unable to play one second of the game even after reloading it and many requests for help through the support ticket system. I got the worst support that never ammounted to any helpful information except for one guy who took the time to explain what I neede to do after pleading he do so for me. I'm no srtanger to gaming / PC gaming. Finally I asked for my money back and was sent a note confirming my request was granted. Never will I buy another Blizzard game until they scrap the cloud for single player quests. Come on, You guys should have known better with shoddy server design. Later all, I'm off to play something more entertaining. NealNealbopper10 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Massive player decrease in Korea Original taken from http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2012/07/134_114746.html ...Abakan11 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 wtf happened? (buff to inferno?) so I've take a few weeks off from the game. I tried doing act3 again as I had been doing before and I don't survive in it at all anymore; same with act 2. I used to be able to do Belial runs with ease and now I'm dying to almost every elite pack that I run into. Was there a buff to the damage of enemies in inferno?Mythranite17 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Anyone else falling asleep while playing? I think once in a while when I find a level 63 item or a legendary, I get less sleepy but I've seriously dozed off while playing recently. This isn't even late at nite either. Either morning on a weekend or at nite after work. I really want this game to be exciting :(arcturus1 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 A real life Scoundrel. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6080200406?page=1 Dirty thieves.Graverobber1 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 I found the best place to farm in Act 2 It's called "Vault of the Assasin". It spawns somewhere between desolate sands and kulle archives. It consistently has 7+ champs/elites in there =PSNR21 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Reduced Damage from Ranged Attack by X% If I have Damage Reduce 50% from resistance, 50% from armor, and Reduced Damage from Ranged Attack 5% from armor IF I get hit by arrow, the reduction will be (1-0.5)(1-0.5)(1-0.05), How about if i get hit by fire ball, arcane sentry or plaque from champion? does the Reduced Damage from Ranged Attack still count?Rhinoxwind1 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 A question about the update to legendaries I understand that when the update that includes changes to legendary items goes live, it will only affect items dropped after the patch and current stuff will stay the same. My question is, how will this affect crafted items? I understand that items that have already been crafted from legendary plans will remain unchanged, but will the plans themselves change? That is to say, if I buy the plans to a legendary item, and learn those plans before the patch, will the blacksmith craft the old version of the legendary item, or the new one? If the blacksmith will update the crafting window to match the new attributes of the legendary, I'll definitely shop for some cheap plans now and learn them in anticipation of the changes. But, if the stats stay the same, it would be a waste of time. Has anyone from Blizzard commented on this subject yet?Riale3 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Gear, the AH and what hurts the casuals. With the limited number of AH slot it is hard to list all the gear we would like to list. I think I am not alone in saying I try to save my slots for premium action only. At first glance this is a wise and sound decision, but only for the individual listing. The way it hurts the game is that we don't really have the slots available to list what may be decent gear looking but isn't really top end or close to top end gear. I personally and I doubt I am alone vendor most everything that doesn't have either 1000k+ dps and a socket or RA. This means a lot of very good gear gets sold to a vendor for an incredibly small amount while a good many of players with more limited time could use it. The simplest solution I could see would be short time auction that can only be low limit. These auctions would not count toward out ten slot and would have there own very small limit, both on price and number you can post at once. In the meantime I join random Act 1 pugs and just dump gear off on people who I can see who can use. This method is slow and inefficient and it would be nice to have some kind of in game alternative to help out the fellow player. And yes, on occasion I do use some of my slots do dump out cheaper useful starter gear but it seems like there has to be a better solution.Con5 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Suggestion: Skill Lock Button Something that would be very helpful is to add a "lock button" for the skill bar which would similar to WoW and other games. It is very frustrating to accidentally remove a spell during combat, remove the Nephalem buff, and even if you take the time to put the skill back you have to wait for the cooldown. I think this would be a simple addition.Dalnara3 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Am i the only one ? that find the game interesting. i dont say that it doesn't have flaw but it's not that bad i 've saw lot of game with the same problem at the start but i 've wait until ''THE Patch'' to play. i think now the biggest flaw is RMAH with all the minimum price and the transaction feeOwnkill1 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Friend has 80M gold farmed and never replies Hi guys! When Diablo 3 got released I met someone who became my best friend in the game. We repeated acts together, farmed bosses together, and also chatted in the lobby together. Until one day, whenever I would send him a message he would never reply. I looked at his profile and he had over 80,000,000 gold farmed. Can someone tell me what's going on? Is there a secret farming spot he is not telling me? Cause if there is, and he's ignoring me that's not cool.... Thanks, CriesCries34 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 bogus email or not hey all i just got a email that seems very suspect, it was in my junk email marked as may not be safe but appears it is from blizzard, i dont think this seems like something that blizzard would send out due to the fact that all accounts seem to run through battle net. can someone confirm if it is bogus or legit as i believe it is very suspect. here is the email Greetings! It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal Diablo III account(s). As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement. If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees. If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership. You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with: (Link to website was here now deleted) Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account. * First and Surname * Secret Question and Answer Show * Please enter the correct information If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation. Regards, Account Administration Team Blizzard Entertainment http://www.blizzard.com/support/ Diablo III , Blizzard Entertainment 2012icarus13 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 DPS on weapons is a stupid stat. It gives more value to items that really won't do more damage. A 2h bow with 1100 dps has a HUGE range of damage when compared to a 2h xbow with around 900 DPS. You may see a bigger DPS # on your character screen and think you are doing more damage but it's so inconsistent. I wish the damage ranges were the base for damage calculation and that is how it appeared on the character screen. DPS is an MMO term and used to counter enrage timers.......oh wait......Vermithrax1 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Clickable links on Forum using Chrome Browser using this link https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mblbciejcodpealifnhfjbdlkedplodp You can make all of the image links on this forum clickable, I thought this was a great little add on that really helped with browsing the forum and checking gear, thought ti could be useful to you guys.STLPR1CE0 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Loot suggestion. I was trying to identify what makes the Diablo 2 loot exiting and I think I understand now. First off let me start with the fact that just like in Diablo 3 most of the drops in Diablo 2 were crap. However due to the fact that in Hell mode all of the gear can drop most of the stuff a boss will drop is sets and uniques. This creates a visual illusion that there is a lot of good stuff on the ground despite the fact that you will vendor most of it. Your eyes will first see the green and gold colours which gives you excitement. I know that at beta stage the people in house testing the game gave negative feedback on low level items dropping from Inferno mobs but... Well,frankly Bashiok, the people who gave you this feedback have no idea what they are talking about. So here is my suggestion: First let low level legendaries and sets drop from Inferno bosses and mobs. *Do not change the drop rates for end game gear (ilvl60-63). Second change the identify mechanics. When a legendary or a set drops it should display only "item level:???" as well as using only base name and item level 1 icon. For example The butcher on Inferno drops a legendary armor. On the ground there is a "Chest Armor" with brown colour. Once you pick it up the icon looks like this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/cloth-tunic This armor once identified will most probably be (due to end game drop chances being the same as now): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/aquila-cuirass But there is also a change it will be: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tyraels-might I believe this will add a lot of excitement from items without making gearing up easier since the chance to get end game item will be the same as now.Jimmy0 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Logged in Saw a Reflect Damage elite pack. Logged out.MarkWahlberg0 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Finding the Black Mushroom The Black Mushroom is found in Act 1 in level 1 of Tristam Cathedral, but it spawns at least three different maps and only one of them has the Black Mushroom. I didn't find it with my barbarian. I went through about ten times with a Monk and couldn't find it. I created a Hardcore Demon Hunter and found it on the first run. Curious, I created a regular Demon Hunter and also found it on the first run. Is this an incredible co-incidence, or have I found a secret method?Johnsdad0 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 My D3 routine. What's yours? 1. Check server status. Are servers up? Yes? Go to step 2, else wonder why I even bother with this game. 2. Try to log in and hope the previous error messages are no longer lurking. Log in worked? Yes? Go to step 3, else wonder why I even bother with this game. 3. Decide which hero to play. I have a pre-nerf lvl 60 Monk, stuck in Act 1 Inferno. Next is a 57 DH, struggling through Hell III. Since I'd like some fun play time, I choose a lower level alt, a lvl 31 Barb. If it takes too long to decide, I just wonder why I even bother with this game. 4. At the intro screen, should I resume the game for the selected hero? Nah. I need gear, and nothing good has dropped that I could use in the last 10 runs. I begin to wonder why I even bother with this game. 5. Click Auction House, and see if any of my postings have sold. Oh wow. Three sold. It might be a good session after all. But I can't remember the detailed stats of what sold since the AH only lists the names and selling price. Why do I even bother trying to get a history of what sold so I can price my items accordingly? 6. I move items off the Completed list to the Stash to make room for items likely not to be sell. I get a "Sorry, Cannot Do That, Dave" message. Spend the next 10 minutes shuffling items among mules to gain more space. I begin to wonder why I even try to save gear that I'm sure would sell given the limitations of the 10-items-at-a-time allowance and my ever crowded Stash. 7. Finally, some game time as I click Resume Game. Public or solo? Hmmm. The former means I'm either leeching off someone due to my crap gear. The latter means I'm carrying someone due to their having even crappier gear than me. I go solo to miss all that drama, unless I'm in need of help to get past mobs with impossible affixes towards the next quests. Besides, I cannot stand another minute of watching everyone running off to town right in the middle of a elite pack fight. So for a little bit, D3 is good, and the play is fun. Until... 8. Impossible affix time. For the level 60 Monk, repair bill time. Most of the time, I break even given NV stacks, which I lose since I need to go back to the AH to get better gear. Oops. Wait. Cannot afford gear I need since I'm broke from having to spend most of my gold for repairs. Hmmm...balancing repair bills with buying gear. I begin to wonder why I even try stepping outside of town to kill impossible mobs that two-shot me repeatedly to only drop level 55 gear. 9. OK. Farm a lower level with the Monk. Hell IV is a good place to get gold. So I can pay for repair bills when I go back to Inferno I...to get crap drops that don't sell. Actually, the 57 DH is a better farmer overall as the repair bills are 95% less. I continue to wonder why the game's design seems to be laughing at our collective faces as we beat our heads against this Wall. 10. Despite all that, the game remains fun. I remain thankful for the friends that are still with me in the game, and the many with whom I have formed parties (especially the ones who res me after I'm one-shotted). But I am left wondering if this is all there is. Log off, and start with step 1 the next time I think about playing. ===tldr The game remains fun, but it should not take this much work to get to where the fun begins.Greyhawk25 Jul 14, 2012