General Discussion

Jul 4, 2012 No End in Sight So I'm kinda at a cross roads right now. Im grinding for gear to get gear that will help me grind for gear that will ease the gear grinding process. But what the hell for? There's no ladder. No PVP. I feel like the Dear Hunter as the only aspect of the game I enjoy is playing russian roulette with my Hardcore characters. Im just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat, or has a suggestion on how to get out of it. Maybe I'm just burnt out..VanDamage1 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Ghom.... dude is impossible now. I can solo azmodan with ease and with 900+ all resists, I still get owned by his poison gas. tubby needs nerfing... NOWIcankillmeph0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 What's going on? The serve is shut down again??? Just cant login right now!!!Nick0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 What kept you playing D2? The thread about which item hunt was better, D2 or D3 intrigued me, and made me want to kick off a thread to find out what kept players hooked on D2, when many are not sticking with D3. I played D2 consistently, almost every day for 4 years, and then again for 2 years. While I won't rule out that I've changed (I most definitely have), I find it hard to accept D3 is on par with a game that got 6 years of my attention. So let's kick this off. What kept you playing D2? Took me quite a while to figure out the #1 reason I kept playing, but it ultimately comes down to dueling. Along with that though, items were much more exciting in D2, rune items gave you other class spells, I could freakin' teleport on my druid man! Not to mention, because you selected your primary stats, there were more fun and miscellaneous stats on gear in general. I feel like Blizzard tried so hard to make D3 awesome for everyone, but ended up making it too neutrally accommodating. Kind of like, you need to feed 100 people for a wedding, you have the bread for all 100, but only butter for 50. Well you spread it thin for all 100, and realize you can't really taste the butter anymore.Snes0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 I talked myself out of D3. So I read that thread about that guys wife a few days ago, and just really started to get thinking. What is this game giving me? Which lead to the question what i get out of other games? Skyrim is usually a constantly enjoyable experience, giving a feeling of exploration and depth. Hell even borderlands with its endless loot was more entertaining. Sure it lost its magic after a while, but I sure as hell had a better time in the multiple hours i spent in the Borderlands then in Diablo 3. I would understand the addiction for you higher level players who are farming the last couple acts and selling your loot for real money or billions of gold... But im done. I would rather go play D2 or some other more enjoyable experience.Tru7h6 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Almost 2 months and am Done? Strange, as much as I cried in joy when this game was release, within nearly a month and a half, with 250 hours game play. Am well...honestly.. Am bored now. I'v lost like total interest for this game and I am a HUGE diablo fan too, but my soul just not in it anymore. Like, after all that time playing, there weren't any memorable moments at all for me. Like the whole thing just felt like a whole cheesy slap together and wasn't thought out very well mush. I'v played games with better story structure on an Iphone App. Funny, I find Infinity blade story structure is a lot better than this, and they only say a few sentence at most lol.ThefinalHero3 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Reward those players who play co-op Current co-op is just not good. For fun aside, there is no incentive for joining public game or playing co-op. Why should I bother to play co-op when I can farm faster on my own. Fun? I don't know about you guys, but there is no fun for me when everything suddenly takes 2x~3x time longer just to kill something. Support ability from other classes do not make the game any easier or scale too well. Blizzard, please do something to improve the co-op gameplay. It can be either increase the drop rate (corresponding to players number) or gold rate or item drop quality or anything. Just make the co-op an attractive option to play.KevinD77 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 It's really hard to play like this... I was just running through hell with my guy, SOLO and this happens out of nowhere? I left game and made new one and same thing. I did not restart the game but im sure it will fix the problem. I want blizzard to be aware of this issue! http://i50.tinypic.com/qsjnyb.pngBosnian2060 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Anyone else notice... The shield on the 'Gem Combiner' is the same as the Legendary, 'Lidless Wall"?Shadowhawk1 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 how can i use my bnet balance to purchase a copy of worldofwarcraft battle chest, always wanted to try out wow... since this game sucksCarpeDiem2 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 ....End Game Figured Out I currently play on PS3 and since (new)Twisted Metal was a let down, I figured I would go back to the depths of hell and fight off my foes! Just dropped 1300$ (new computer/accessories) for a 60 dollar game that I havnt played yet. {7/9/12- pc comes :) }I know I will enjoy the game regardless of what people say, but end game is very concerning since D2 lasted ~5yrs for me. ...just been reading forums past 2 weeks and i never read so much hate and complaining since the release of Socom 4. ...To the point- Nobody ever bats 1000- give the developers/creaters a break! Yeah they got their money, but their intentions for creating an epic game shouldn't be in question. Just be positive and hope any major issues are resolved. If you dont like what you see, and you feel there is no hope then move on! I did ---i use to be one of the most sour S.O.B. thinking if only the game company would have listened to the hard core followers! or Dont fix it if it isnt broke!--- If thats the case then play D2. ---- Remember, you have to take some risk in the game industry too. Most of the time it fails, but sometimes if you hit that right note- its epic. seems like RMAH/end game needs to be adjusted still....Im not going anywhere ---so take your time.... FINAL THOUGHT- ****To haters- I think your End GAME is to bash everyone on forums including fans/Dev. team. ....Seems like your WINNING.ViolentNRG6 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 The 'Gear Solution' to MF So this goes beyond just the problem of mf swapping, it also addresses the fact that MF is a mechanic from a game that was designed around the option of being able to JUST equip a set of mf gear and go around and still be able to kill stuff. Diablo 2 was designed in such a way that you felt powerful. If you equipped full offense/defense gear, you felt unstoppable, but if you equipped pure mf gear you still felt powerful in most cases. My sorceress used mf gear in nearly every slot and she was still killing stuff nice and quick - not quite as quick nor with as much survivability but still quick. Diablo 3 on the other hand is designed for... well... Inferno. A game mode where you CAN'T use pure mf gear and expect to still kill things that can drop good loot. The numbers just get too high and the enrage timers too short. So they need to redesign magic find to fit with the current design of the game. Since we can't equip gear for just magic find, magic find should just be on the gear we equip. Magic Find and Gold Find should be classified as special 'wealth stats'. Wealth Stats can only appear on Rare or above gear. Rare gear is guaranteed to have 1 wealth stat, while Legendary and Set items are guaranteed to have both. The values of these are highly randomized to ensure that not everyone has the exact same mf value(I would think using a 'tilted' roll that slants towards the middle similar to the way rolling 3 6-sided dice provides an extremely high chance of getting mid-range rolls like 11-13 but an extremely low chance of getting either 3 or 18 would be the ideal way to go about it so that everyone has a REASONABLE amount of MF but gear that gets the extremely rare 'high mf' rolls becomes dramatically more valuable). This solves a few problems. Having everyone have SOME magic find on their gear ensures that everyone finds a reasonable amount of items, bringing some of the fun back into the loot game. Having magic find and gold find no longer among the 'generic stat' pool increases the quality of items on average since you're more likely by a small amount to get the 'good affixes' on your gear. And third, it removes the problem of magic find gear swapping since ONLY the most die hard swappers would swap out gear for a few percent mf, but for the people who really ENJOY swapping they can still do it to milk that last few percent they can get between an average item and a high-mf item.Seluhir1 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Vivendi to sell Activision shares? Vivendi owns over 60% of Activision/Blizzard shares http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/07/vivendi-to-discuss-whether-to-sell-or-split-its-activision-shares-june-22/ I'm wondering if this would influence Activision/Blizzard and Diablo III in any way, and how things are done in terms of the games etc. (ie: not being money hungry and making games cash cows). Opinions? I'm not sure how this stuff works, or if it would even affect Diablo III at all...erica468295 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Abandon your foolish quest! All that awaits you is the wrath of my master. You are too late to save the child! Now you will join him... in hell.boxwine0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Improved valor uses [Suggestion] Simple suggestion. Full stack of valor [NV5] should provide a plethora of abilities to encourage actively playing the game versus botting. Simply put the following benefits should follow a full stack of valor: Increased ilvl on drops. With a full stack of valor all item rolls should be upgraded one tier. (i61->i62, i62->i63). Max rolls aren't changed. Valor applies to chests. We're trying to stop chest/goblin hopping right? Make MF apply to chests/goblins if you have a full stack of valor. (That being said, remove MF being applied to goblins unless the player has a stack of valor).Glythica9 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 About Magic Find Gear Swapping。。 I don't understand English. Depending on the translation software to communicate with everyone. Please forgive me. Completely redesigned a new NPC! Responsible for the game player to any outfit increased MF or GF value. The upgrade process, consumption of gold and gems. Each upgrade will cost more and more expensive. Of course the maximum does not exceed the limit ~ ~. When the equipment was originally a MF attribute ~ you can save costs. So when MF has attribute of the equipment it is widely popularized when naturally no one to do so. I think it will be that most people agree.刀巴棍3 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 End-Game Suggestion: Sanctuary Dungeon Name still needs work, but it sort of does this idea justice. I like the idea of a dungeon that never ends. This dungeon would be unlocked after killing Diablo on inferno difficulty. It would be like any dungeon you've seen so far until you get to the end and you see "Level 2". Level 2 could be anything, which makes this cool IMO. The idea is the whole thing will be randomized. You will enter this dungeon that can throw literally anything at you from the world of Sanctuary. Level 1 would be Act 1 inferno difficulty, but you might get an act 4 dungeon segment. After your bash your way through that you'll progress to level 2 where it spawns you somewhere in act 2 and there is a noticeable difficulty increase there. Now lets say you make it to level 5 and it puts in act 1. An act 1 zombie then proceeds to destroy you and everything you love. That would probably leave you scratching your head after that seemingly helpless zombie wrecked your face. At the end of every level, or every 3 levels, there could be a free repair globe. Or an extra 5% MF or something. Maybe like 1% MF and the next MF globe you got would be 2-3% and so on. You would have to pick one of these globes when you reach the end of the level though. I don't like the idea of 1 death and you're done though. I'd like to see a stock system like in Super Smash Bros. Start with 3-5 lives for the first 10 levels(ish) and you earn another at the end of the 10th level. Ah yes... The 10th level. It could be random boss from anywhere in the Diablo Universe. Even Diablo 2 or Diablo. or maybe you want that to be later, but instead add a demon pack with a 5th affix. Eh.. Maybe that is too hard. Maybe not though? I kinda like the boss idea more but that is up for debate. Maybe you want all of the normal demons to spawn with 1 random affix? (but have inferno damage and HP) the packs would have their normal 4. There could be a ladder system that shows who has gotten the furthest? You could go back and use level designs and encounters from D2 and D1 also and maybe modernize them a little (beyond graphics obviously) to create the potential for a lot of endgame content. I just had this idea and started typing it as it came to mind. It has a lot of potential and I think a lot of people on this forum could chip in some good suggestions and make this really bloom. I'd love to see this get to the blue and have them debate this a little and say what is good and bad. Maybe even say they would take a look at this idea. It would be difficult to do I would think... But well worth it. I would be excited to start tearing away at this dungeon. Just an idea though. Lemme know what you guys think?MikeHam4 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Run away mobs Currently there are a number of mob types (almost all ranged) are very prone to running from their enemy when in melee range. This can be annoying with some affixes/as certain classes but im not really going to into that. Im more concerned about the added time required to kill these mobs. I play a barbarian with a spec designed to kill large groups of mobs quickly (WW+sprint build), this allows me to kill most packs that don't run in minimal time 5-20seconds (without WotB). However mobs designed to run when attacked/in melee ranged (not sure which) can draw this time out to over a minute in some cases. Lately ive been skipping all mobs prone to running and the time taken to kill X mobs has been reduced. Meaning in the time it would take me to kill a running pack, I could find another pack, kill it and me looking for the next already. My main point of this thread is; is this how it is supposed to be? Are some packs designed to be a waste of time (for certain classes) and just ignored completely? This is matter of spec/class, not gear as the fights are not prolonged by a lack of dps or survivability. TL;DR - Running mobs take too long to kill. - More efficient (elite packs/second wise) to skip all running packs - Is this intended?OldGregg5 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 What did you do to my game?!?! Diablo III feels like it’s playing me and not I playing it :(iMan0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Thank you Blizzard I sincerely would like to thank Blizzard. why? well, since diablo 3 is such a piece of filth, i actually feel nausea and physical pain just to think on playing it. It was such a dissapointment that now I barely use my PC at all, so now I use my time in more useful activites, like studying for my exams, going to the gym, etc. thank you Blizzard for giving my life a turn, and for only $60!Nutzz0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Cow vs pony the visual impact and the moos definitely scared the !@#$ out of me... swarmed by infinite mammaries.. wow, that was cool.. Pony? Sure i died alot... but.. dissapointingtsukiyomi9 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 The item hunt is fine But the items we are hunting are not fine. Fix the items, add better affixes such as chance on being hit, chance on hit *something not boring as hell and at a higher rate than 1.1%*, cannot be frozen, elemental absorb, crushing blow, more class skill based mods etc etc etc etc I am blown away that you do not recognize that the items are just plain boring in a game that revolves around finding items. I AM TRYING TO LIKE THIS GAME I REALLY AM BUT ITS SOOO BOOOOORRRRIINNGGGGGazrok0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Boss Enrage Timers [Potential Spoilers] I'm just wondering if anyone has a list of what the different bosses do when they enrage? I read that The Butcher's entire floor is fiery when he enrages? What about the others?Redbalrog1 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 So Blizz, ya listening yet????? Okay this is only my small opinion and hopefully some people will agree with it. -To the people that love this game. I am actually a bit jealous of you. I wanted to love this game, I really did. -To Blizz, your fans have spoken and are still speaking. When are you going to take your blinders off and the cotton out of your ears? Now I think it is way past time for your Lead Game Dev to get on this board and start answering to his real bosses, the customers. I dont want to hear from a forum manager, its past time for that. Here are a few little things that I dont think get discussed enough on this board about this game. I wont go into the mechanics or skill system as it has been debated ad nauseum. Now again this is just my opinion and some feedback. If people dont agree and want to flame me go right ahead. - Your customers said they didnt want WOW in their Diablo. You WOW'd it. - Your customers said they wanted a dark, gothic, SERIOUS, mature atmospheric horror game. You gave us a Disney version of Diablo. - Leave Leah dead. She was the scrappy doo to Cain being scooby doo. You jumped the shark and didnt even have to. I disliked her character and dont want her back. - Tyreal having a pity party. What the heck was that?? Making Tyreal human, again what the heck was that? - Being in the middle of a battle and your followers having a conversation or joking around. Kinda kills the mood and tension. - Diablo is female. I have the CE version of the game and in it Metzen says that when the idea came about to make Diablo a little girl some people stormed out of the meeting. Hmmm maybe you should have listened to them. - Magda. What a horrid boss. Everytime I see her I feel like puking. Who the heck came up with this character? I feel like I am watching a horrid Saturday morning cartoon when she is on screen (actually the whole game pretty much feels like it). - Belial whining about how the world is gonna be his or else... Diablo "how does your fear taste" "Terrr-rooaaarrr" and just generally wont shut up. Azmodan... giving me a phone call every few minutes to let me know what he is up to. - We are fighting hell's minions in act IV in heaven. It should have been in hell where its supposed to be with bodies, blood, torture victims, and just general gothic HORROR everywhere. Instead I feel like I am going to meet up with Tassadar at any moment. Theres a lot more but I think you get the idea. This WHOLE game just feels wrong. Its NOT Diablo. I wish you could just retcon the whole thing and start over. The story is horrid and I think if you give me a team of writers I could make a better story and believe me thats not saying much. D1 has more of one thing in it's little pinky finger than D3 and that thing is STYLE. Again to all the people that love this game. I am happy for you, I really am. I just wish I could feel the same way. Feel free to flame away or add to the list. I would really like to hear what people will say to things other than game mechanics or the skill system.Kev1 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 MF Gear swap solution - MF Grand Charm This is my idea for solving the MF gear-swapping "Problem" 1. Leave gear swapping as it is, DO NOT under any circumstances implements any of the 1-5 proposed "solutions", if people want to gear swap let them. 2. INTRODUCE: Magic Find Grand Charm combining. How it works: There is a horadric cube (or similar), whereby players can place one of each item slot item (helm, gloves, amulet, rings, boots, bracers, offhand, mainhand etc.) into the cube with whatever %MF on it, and then hit "Transmute". *poof* All the items are consumed and out comes a grand charm with the combined magic find value of all the items on it. While the charm is in your inventory, you are granted the full value of the magic find associated with the charm, and any MF% on equipped items does not contribute towards your total MF%. Problem: Won't this mean that everyone will be easily able to max out their MF with minimal cost? Answer: No. There are (or should be) legendary items which grant more than the usual % Magic find than you can get on rares or blues, in this way those who want to absolutely MAX OUT their MF, can spend the time finding/buying said legendaries in order to do so. While not an ideal solution (I don't think there is one), I think it would add an interesting mechanic to the game, while not introducing any stupid penalties like those in the 1 - 5 suggested solutions. Tell me why this is a good / bad idea!Zeekin3 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Blizz admits game is flawed & refund weekend Mwahahaha I lied, I am the true Lord of Lies! LOL @ Belial, keep tryingTemido4 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Questions about buying/selling gems on the AH Can somebody explain to me how buying/selling gems (and other commodities) works? Why do you not get to choose starting bid? When you sell 67 gems, does somebody actually have to search for 67 to find yours? How come when I buy a gem, I end up getting some of that money back?PackersFTW2 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Auction House ( Positive Feedback) I'd like to point out that I've seen vast improvements to the overall stability and mechanics of both the Real Money and Gold auction houses. I'd like to start by commenting on the real money from it's release and to now. When real money auction house was introduced we saw an influx of players complaining about missing items / money and in general complaining about wait times of transactions. Personally I had about 2 day wait times on transactions at the beginning. Now I see my transactions process within 30 minutes when sold / bought. Very good improvement. Gold auction house: Are people honestly buying items at 200,000,000,000??? I mean I guess 1,000,000,000 could be reasonable but I have yet to see any actually spending this much. Maybe a cap should be introduced to similar to the cap with real money. Say 2 dollars = 1,000,000 gold... at that rate the cap would be 125,000,000. I think this is very realistic and fair. Thoughts?Pweeta0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Has anyone tried to stack damage reflect? How much did you get total and did it actually help you any on the harder difficulties?Chadzuk8 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 PVP please. thx i don't care if it isn't ready...we need something, throw up a Beta tag in front of the PvP and push out the patch..let us have some fun plz.DrenRawr21 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 @Blizzard, the problem is with your mentality Your thread on MF swapping (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6009371619) is a clear indicator with an issues of your mentality towards fixing D3. Every one of the proposed changes have a negative/nerf oriented effect on the player. Everyone keeps talking about how D3 is dying, D3 isn't fun, pinning it on random stuff like inferno being too hard, the state of the economy etc. - but the real issue is this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978860598?page=1 We play Diablo to dungeon crawl, for the fun of slaying monsters and finding great loot, for the laughter of seeing friends die. However, the vast majority of us want to feel like heroes and gods, not fight elite packs in A3 for minutes just to down them. There are many reasons why D3 is not fun: Inferno is "THE GAME" (as better described by other players. The real challenge, best loot, best fights etc. are all here). However, Inferno is a tedious grind and gear-check, which simply should never be part of any game. It is fine and dandy that you can't just waltz in with the same gear as from hell + spend a million and slay Diablo in Inferno, but there is just so much that CANNOT be mitigated by skill that it becomes plain boring. The grind issue is further hampered by the fact that we have to face the same content again and again - due to the lack of endless dungeons (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6019552014) I'm not gonna whine about repair costs cause I seem to be one of the few proponents of it, but it does also further discourage attempting harder acts. So what should Blizzard focus on? Making the game fun. Buff rather than nerf. Let every class be overpowered if they choose to be (I'm looking at you, WD). People looking for a challenge can impose their own restrictions - HC, no AH, no trading period or trading only within their own playgroup etc. Make an apology for the debacle they've created. Code an endless dungeon. Hell, if they're too lazy to do that, let users use an SDK to create their own dungeons for all to play (granted, there have to be restrictions to limit gold farming and people just abusing them). And stop penalizing people for both playing too little or too much. NV forces players to farm the stacks and then use them - those who play too little get practically no worthwhile loot, but those who farm too much end up having too much to sell. Players should be allowed to be slowly given an addition 5 auction slots for the GAH and RMAH for doing many, large volume sales ie. one extra slot per 10 M sold in the GAH. tl;dr - Blizzard should make this game fun. Let people be overpowered rather than underpowered; it feels good to be a god.Kanashimu3 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 CC duration at higher difficulty levels Do CC effects not last as long at higher difficulty levels, and if so, does anyone know how much they are shortened by? Thanks!Ravel5 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Buffed scorpions in act 3?!!??!?!? They hit from a mile away now, just like the spiders during the Cydaea boss fight.Sampsonite2 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Magic Find - Gear Swap - Perfect Solution EDIT: I might not be the first to suggest this, but please bump / thumbs up if you agree. This way we can keep this idea alive, rather than buried. To prevent players from gear swapping: Do a RANDOM sampling of the players' MF three times during the fight (based on pre-determined Mob HP. This way players wouldn't know when to gear-swap). Do not base MF on the final kill, but rather an average of 3 times during the fight itself. Randomly picked between 99%HP and 1%HP. Players would have no idea how/when to gear swap! game over! Each champion pack and unique boss should have a RANDOM sampling. If it is predetermined, for example, 75%, 50%, 25%, and 0%, then players will eventually realize this and just gear swap more often during the fight (and end up complaining, requesting a macro to help them swap easier). I will not discuss WHY gear swapping for MF is broken. I totally agree with blizzard here and may post on it later, but I don't have time.Tsunade5 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 FIX THIS CRAP This has happened to me many times. This particular time I was in a game where I had 5 stacks of NV, I die and the numbers are really big, the rez timer is stuck at 8 and wont count down, but the button is highlighted. So I click it and rez, but everything is really dark and as soon as I see a enemy I get disconnected. Fix this its been happening for awhile.Monster3 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Thank you Blizzard for these wonderful things I've been a Blizzard slappy for a long long time. I think they make the best games out there. Warcraft 1 all the way till world of warcraft, all the starcraft games, and diablo 2 have been spectacular. (Sans that warcraft 3 expansion that I thought was garbage). So it pains me a bit to be so critical but even as loyal of a fan as i am, this game just isn't good. *Chat channels. Not only am i forced into general chat every time i log in, I have to see endless blocks of text advertising Gold Sellers when i get sick of leaving that stupid channel. *A story that is the most predictable story i've seen since the movie "Sweet Home Alabama". My gf at the time made me watch that garbage and i blurted out loud what was going to happen next after nearly every scene. *Our heroes looking identical to every other player of the same class. Sorry, dyes aren't enough. *Obtaining all gear from the AH or having friends hand it down to me. Thats exciting. OMG i got a yellow!!! Oh it blows, here ya go merchant. *Hit max level and the only thing left to do is...Farm. Wow thats exciting. Sign me up!Kaylea1 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 How to keep players.. playing. Allow us to travel through Acts without losing NV. For Example, farm up some NV stacks in act 4... then go to waypoint and travel to Act 1 and do the Warden-Butcher... then Waypoint to act 3 and do a seige breaker run... GET THE PICTURE? You guys(blizzard) need to take this into a serious discussion because EVERYONE WOULD LIKE THIS CHANGE. And you guys need to start doing some changes that EVERYONE LIKES instead of just what YOU GUYS think is good. This is honestly the biggest Flaw of the designers. I sware to AKARAT that this will make so many people happy blizzard.CKTheBoss13 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Something weird with Auction House I placed a bid on an item, and I was winning for a while. But then, it said the auction expired and I wasn't winning. So I thought, if I'm not winning, I'll get my money back, right? Nope, I checked the completed section tab. Turns out I got a red ! next to the auction with 0g next to it. I didn't get my gold back, and I didn't get the weapon. Is this normal or abnormal? How do I get the gold back?kimbbap1 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Chat channels are ridiculous - spam, colors The spamming from gold sites has tripled in the past month, that's #1. Secondly, we still have no way to distinguish the channels. I'm in General and Trade at the same time, and allll the time I respond in the wrong channel. Every single channel, NPC chat, and probably something else, all WHITE. Are you serious? So, Blizzard, please explain to me how adding colors to the chat makes it "cluttered", which is your excuse for everything that gives us options/information.PackersFTW1 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 HD??? Hey All.... I was wondering why the game changes to 720p when I start the game up. I am using a ATI Radeon 6670 with HDMI and a VIZIO 22" LED TV?Wizardz19851 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Gold spamming in trade! PLEASE do something about it. General and trade chat are worthless becauese the spammers roll over everything. Pay me to sit in trade and general chat and wave the magic wand everytime someone does it. If I was paid per time I blocked somebody, I would be able to buy Blizzard and fix it. I love all your games, but Diablo III has shown me a whole new level of gold farmers spamming.Homerun3 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 And....done. Congrats, I have come to love a game and hate a game in less than two months. GG and so long.Tymonus12 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Thank you for your purchase Dear xxxx Thank you for your recent purchase on Steam. If you’re new to Steam, install the free Steam application now: http://www.steampowered.com/getsteam To play your new games, just launch the Steam application on your computer and log in using your Steam account name: xxxxx. Your games will be available in Steam on the “Library” tab. Any Downloadable Content (DLC) you've purchased is automatically downloaded and will be accessible from within the base game on Steam. To view your new DLC from within your Library, right-click on the base game and select “View Downloadable Content.” This email message will serve as your receipt. You can also access your Purchase History online at any time. Torchlight II Pre-Order 4-pack 59.99 USD -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Subtotal 59.99 USD Tax 0.00 USD -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Total 59.99 USD Payment Info Visa ending with xxxx 59.99 USD Confirmation Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Date Confirmed Mon Jul 02 16:44:40 2012Asika0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Auction House unavailable for last 8 hours. Anyone else had this issue? My auction house button has been greyed out since the end of maintenance today. I don't see anyone with any other issues. I've tried restarting yet nothing. I'm starting to get ticked off..Str82go9 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 The key to happiness in Diablo 3 Is lowered expectations... http://bit.ly/KZds1TTehTrash0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Losing the "fun" I feel the developers have lost all sense of the idea of what is "fun" in a game. I've played since the game was released and I feel there have just been so few updates to the game that help reinforce this idea of "fun" The only recent things that come to mind are the adjustment to item drop rates in the end game. They finally realized that it's not fun to be in what they built as the end of the game and finding gear fit for... well, not even fit for anything. At least it's finally maybe a useful item level though. They tried to balance partying with friends, but in my opinion failed miserably in this aspect -- I've tried a few times, and it is fun to try and find combinations that work well and working together, but overall it isn't fun - especially recently with the increase of repair costs and the insane amounts of deaths/hp mobs have in a 4 person game. Yes I realize if everyone in the game is uberly geared then you can faceroll the mobs and move on easily and it's "balanced", but in all honesty, to me the game is about killing mobs, finding fun loot and having a good time with friends -- I feel like one of those three has been accomplished reasonably. On another note here, the community feel just outright, for lack of better words, sucks. It's so damn hard to chat with my friends on the system they have implemented. It's really just down right atrocious and doesn't promote a community or having friends while playing at all. Increasing the fun of the game would be just overall fixing the damn thing. There's so many items that require attention and haven't been touched since release. The fact they didn't think of these things tells me that they really don't seem to have a great foresight of what is fun versus tedious, annoying, or just out right terrible ideas. Lag has been a constant complaint around the forums and lately it seems to have gotten worse when I've been playing. It's not my side either cause I can close the game, and go download at fast speeds, surf the internet fine or play another game without experiencing any lag. Some games a little lag really doesn't matter -- in this game, especially if I want to play Hardcore it matters. A lot. Example are snakes in act 2 that go invis and pop up right in your face. I can take a few hits fine, but when it's a rare pack or like 5 at once and I lag, it's pretty much game over. Always fun to run away, think I'm fine, then rubberband right back into them and die. NV stacks was a fine idea for an end game mechanic - I can even agree with the changing skills resets this to promote people using a specific build during a play session. They never seem to have thought it through, or thought about updating it sooner rather than later about being able to move skills on the hot bar. Who even drags their skills to the hot bar let alone takes them off?? Always a good time to farm your NV stacks and then screw it up because you have to kite (this is based on the game play they designed for range classes in my opinion) and then accidentally click and lose your farmed stacks. Yes they said they were going to lock this at some point, but it seems to be taking them quite some time to figure out how to code something like this - It seems curbing the frustration that their remaining player base has takes a lower priority than playing with magic find. Magic find in my personal opinion should be a rather low priority of theirs to be trying to fix. If they couldn't see how people would react when they decided to use it as a stat again, then they just never played D2 (which could very well be the case). Doesn't take a genius to figure out that people would gear swap to try and get the best chances at finding useful gear - the fact that they just overlooked this or didn't have the creativity or ingenuity to see this is a pretty big concern. Another large concern was that they couldn't foresee the value of Increased Attack Speed. They claimed alone this stat was fine, a tad strong, but fine overall. What they couldn't see was how it affected resource regeneration and life on hit... really, you weren't able to foresee this? Where did you find your quality testers?!?! They don't seem very... clever in a gamer sense that's for sure. They couldn't even see that a 3 second invulnerability skill, with a 3 second cool down was imbalanced. Okay, fine, maybe alone it wasn't imbalanced, but they weren't able to put a few more pieces together and determine that +disc. items and a skill that refills disc. instantly with that wasn't imbalanced, which lead to you releasing an imbalanced skill set and people crying when you balanced it. Anyways, ranted enough, but end point is that they developers really need to put the first and foremost question in their minds of "Is this actually FUN?" "How can we increase the fun of all this", and if they are already asking themselves this and the results are the last few patches... then sadly I think this game is screwed. Is the magic find dilemma really that pertinent over all the other changes they can work on/ask the community? Maybe it's just me, but the lag issues, multiplayer aspect, and just overall "fun" aspect of the game feels like it's in a total decline and the focus it seems from the developers is - "let's get PvP to a PvE game faster!" "Let's 'balance' magic find, it's so cheap some people swap gear and find better loot in this game that's made to search for the best loot"Crazian8 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 [Survey] What should Blizzard do about MfSwap http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8SF2MBJ - Pool Limit as been reached, future vote will not be counted toward the percentage (it would costs me 240$ to increase the limit, I can't spend that much of my own for the sake of result :P) Here is a survey, this will make it way easier to see what the opinion of the whole community is. Option 6, 7 & 8 are all player-made options, they are not currently considered by Blizzard (Speak your Voice!) Please, request a Sticky to make sure everyone sees it. I will provide statistic updates as often as possible. Updated: 03/07/2012 at 6:20 PM (GMT-5): http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/3527/stats1x.png Updated: 03/07/2012 at 6:36 PM (GMT -5): http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/332/stats2bz.png Updated: 03/07/2012 at 7:26 PM (GMT -5): http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4470/stats3y.pngLordAzuRa39 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Strangest rares I just ran into a group of rare mobs that blow up. I didn't have to worry to much about what abilities they had because they were all gone in a matter of seconds. And no, they don't drop loot when they explode :(Chadzuk12 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Waive Gold Auction House fee for =<Vendor Can we have the gold auction house fee waived for items that sell for equal to or less than the vendor sale price, to encourage people to sell things to other players for use instead of vendoring them into /dev/null? I think this would be a nice feature.Pichu01020 Jul 4, 2012